Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Part of it, is caving to the special snowflake hardcore players, who bitch and moan about "FREE EPICS DGSUIWSGUIOWGWGDRWQRWDHGIOQGUIOEQ!GUIO!U!!V!R!ERWR" and are super sad that they can't stand around in stormwind with their epics and show off, with more than a small percentage of people having identical gear.

The other part, is to keep subs longer, and artificially reduce a content gap for casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Because when they used to release it at the same time Pseudo-Elitists complained they were forced to do it for Normals.
    So they spaced it apart so that any guild with semi-competent people could have a chance to down the Normal Boss before the LFR version dropped.

Basically as with 90% of the retarded changes we get when it comes to raiding. Blame Pseudo-elitist complaining trash.
    ^ Correct. Always blame the elitist snowflakes.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanaku View Post
    Has it ever been explained as to why they roll out LFR so slowly? The Mythic version of the raid has already been cleared yet we still only have 1 wing of LFR? I mean I sort justified it to myself before, thinking, well rolling it out over a couple of weeks sort of time gates it for super casual players. But if they are super casual, were they really going to burn themselves out on LFR? It just seems weird that the easiest difficulty is the one they decided to Time Gate for some reason. Thoughts?
    a) so people are more incentivised to do normal instead and b) so that people are geared enough to actually do some of the later wings so that they don't turn into wipe-fests

1 week delays i think would be fine. 2 week i feel is too slow.

So that people can bitch about it and then other people can bitch about LFR again and then people can bitch about people bitching about LFR and then people can bitch about it happening on this forum or that forum, and so-on.

It's necessary in the ecosystem of utter bullshit that passes as a fan community.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Well people dont like dramas associated with organized content on top of guild dramas. Some also dont have need to find super friends in game and are happy with those they already have.

Playing on a schedule is tiresome for others. Especially when if you dont show up you get benched. Or like me, who disliked mythic + system on the start of the expansion and was benched because could not keep up with spiking ilvl it bring.

Most long running guild have cliches estabilished and "new guy" is rarely even noticed. They are not invited for mythic runs, not because people dont want them but because they are just not the guy you done mythic already, Like your pals from 2 expansions ago, doing heroics then. And this is if you ever notice the "new guy".

And then there is LFR where you need to push a button and presto. You'r in. Nice and clean, whenever you want, you can leave whenever you want for any reason you want. You can go with smashing 950 ilvl and carry Ursoc fight for newbs.

See what would make people to try normal and higher raid difficulties, those people blizzard and jerks try to convince to try "real raiding" is giving it the LFR treatment. Just push of a button and you are in the q.
    What does this have to do with how it seems like they fucked up with their restrictions and limitations on LFR?

Then Tier shouldnt be a part of LFR
    Can't vouch for other specs, but both specs I play right now, the current tier bonuses would NOT be an upgrade in the slightest over LFR tier if it wasn't equal item level or higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

7+ Year Old Account
    i do think it should be 1 wing a week... The 2 wing a week thing is abit annoying..
    (normal/heroic raider here, used to be heroic/mythic)
    It just seems weird it takes 8 weeks to get the full lfr through
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has it ever been explained as to why they roll out LFR so slowly? The Mythic version of the raid has already been cleared yet we still only have 1 wing of LFR? I mean I sort justified it to myself before, thinking, well rolling it out over a couple of weeks sort of time gates it for super casual players. But if they are super casual, were they really going to burn themselves out on LFR? It just seems weird that the easiest difficulty is the one they decided to Time Gate for some reason. Thoughts?
    Because people with poor self control were burning themselves out running every level of raiding. LFR was gated to get rid of some of the "forced to run" whining.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    What does this have to do with how it seems like they fucked up with their restrictions and limitations on LFR?
    because blizzard is too proud to admit mistakes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's not weird at all. It's an incentive to go get into a normal group right away.
    What's that? Buying a boost?

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    So casual people who only do LFR don't run all of lfr the instant the raid releases and go "I'm done, beat the game" *unsub*
    This is the #1 reason.

The vast majority of people that play this game are LFR scrubnubs. The only incentive they have to keep playing is new content. They don't care about farming arcanos or legendaries, they don't care about achievements or mounts, they don't care about parsing or progressing. They consume new content then instantly unsubscribe.

staggering LFR helps with that, because everyone wants to finish the raid once they've started it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    What? Do you have a source on this? If a guild takes 2 months to clear normal there's something wrong.
    No, I don't. I am pretty sure I read this, but that could have been during MoP and I definitly do not want to look for a forum quote from several years back. If I do find it I will post it here.

The excuses and the answer were given in the thread.

1)So raiders cant use LFR to get tier pieces faster.

2)So people have the incentive to raid higher difficulties.

Those are both excuses and lies.

The reality is, as it was already answered "So people cant do LFR in 1 week and unsub the game", delaying it produces money.

Not sure, on the good side I’m not running all the wings at once and can get the gear from the earlier bosses better but also it would be nice to still have the option to run it all. It doesn’t incentive me to jump into other ether.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's not weird at all. It's an incentive to go get into a normal group right away.

that's a dumb excuse. Literally 90% of the playerbase don't care about raiding besides LFR, forcing us to experience the story through dificult modes that require socializing with others is the reason why this game is dying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Except if this were true there would be no reason to sub at all. I can go to YouTube and get lore from a dozen different channels without so much as paying a dime.

So I'm calling bs on this.
    Its true though. Its not like Blizzard couldn't just push the switch to have lfr enabled for all zones when they have normal/heroic up. Delaying the entire lfr raid from being available for 2 months will extend "content" life and more importantly will keep subs running.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    This is the #1 reason.

The vast majority of people that play this game are LFR scrubnubs. The only incentive they have to keep playing is new content. They don't care about farming arcanos or legendaries, they don't care about achievements or mounts, they don't care about parsing or progressing. They consume new content then instantly unsubscribe.

staggering LFR helps with that, because everyone wants to finish the raid once they've started it.
    So the vast majority of people are going to quit the game the day after LFR is fully out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    So casual people who only do LFR don't run all of lfr the instant the raid releases and go "I'm done, beat the game" *unsub*
    That’s exactly what I did when I beat heroic though.

Normal itself isn’t exactly hard. If someone really wants to be done with the game it doesn’t take much.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    So the vast majority of people are going to quit the game the day after LFR is fully out?
    People need to start using some basic logic instead of blindly trying to counter every argument.

Its about keeping a flow of money, not about the players.

Its to keep the expansion hopper/Patch hopper, a bit longer than usual, and its working wonders according to my Battle.net list last year when legion launched.

I had never seen so many people coming back to re-sub, even those that havent in 2-3 expansions and stay for as long as they did, which means Legion worked in terms of money for the expansion hopper crowd.

If LFR takes 5 weeks to release, it requires 2 subs, the people that want to check it out, -will pay-, the people already paying are mostly irrelevant.

Same with every expansion launch.

Its not about keeping the the people that pay a sub either way and LFR randomly, its about keeping the "Content subbers" longer.

Of course it doesnt work for everyone, but the more it works, the more money.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-12-16 at 03:02 PM.