Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Sora is a Square Enix character, Disney can't buy Japanese companies but they can do agreement to have him in WoW like Kingdom Hearts had Disney characters in case they buy Activision Blizzard
    i didnt know ive never played it. Ok Kylo,Ironman and Scrooge McDuck

10+ Year Old Account
    It would probably work out similar to the Marvel buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    First of all, Disney doesnt like to associate itself with violent video games so if it happened it would not be incorporated into its other character base like the Star Wars franchise which is FAR more widely accepted and family friendly. That would mean that its value is far lower in the bigger market place but the entire business would sell for about the same amount. which would you see as a bigger profit maker in the long run: Star Wars and its endless amount of toys that moms will buy for there kids without worry or an mmo that has too many horror stories of addiction and the other me too late to the party games like hearthstone, Heroes of the storm and overwatch. Starcraft is a dying franchise and Diablo 3 has gone about as far as that type of gameplay can go, Call of duty is looking more like a generic war shooter with nothing new to offer and Destiny already disappointed gamers with the first release. Disney would be better off getting the rights to Harry Potter or some other company that actually knows how to make a decent movie...
    Except there have been plenty of violent Star Wars games. There's a controversy over a current one, you know, Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sorry, Disney doesn't fix, they relaunch or make new.
    Either is an improvement upon the current.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    Except there have been plenty of violent Star Wars games. There's a controversy over a current one, you know, Star Wars Battlefront 2.
    Which has absolutely nothing at all to do with how violent or not the game itself is. The Battlefront 2 controversy is entirely about EA and naked micro transaction greed.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCoin View Post
    Maybe they could launch good movies then :P
    WarCraft was okayish but could have been muuuuch better
    The Warcraft movie was made by Legendary / Universal. Blizzard only gave them the rights. They had nothing to do with the quality of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Well, after blizzcon it already seems like blizzard is jumping on the PC bandwagon anyway. So i dont think it will change much.
    Yeah all those overwatch skins and HotS characters with their tits hanging out is totally PC bro

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    It would not happen there is zero chance Activison would ever let Blizzard go.

Holy shit movie themed raids/cameos would be so jokes.
    Activision does not own blizzard or vice versa,they are ONE company and one cant "let go" of the other they joined together as equal parts in that merger and became Activision Blizzard, not sure why everyone thinks one owns the other

In December 2007, Activision announced that the company and its assets would merge with fellow games developer and publisher Vivendi Games. At the time, Vivendi was best known as the holding company for the game studios Sierra Entertainment and Blizzard Entertainment. The new company was to be named Activision Blizzard, and would retain its central headquarters in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Makiru View Post
    Theradras would become a Disney Princess
    Would Jaina be a disney princess? She's the daughter of the leader of Kul'tiras, right? That's a kingdom?

If Mulan can be a disney princess and get her own toys she can too, damn it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Ducks and Mice as a new race!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Yeah all those overwatch skins and HotS characters with their tits hanging out is totally PC bro
    But that intro man... I was starting to wonder if i had the right stream on. If some hack had occured.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, if Disney acquired Blizzard, we would finally get the Tinker class everybody has been wanting for eons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn’t care. So long as Blizzard games play like Blizzard games, I’m cool.
    Just as a reminder when Blizzard merged with Activision several years ago people here were forecasting doom and gloom. Since the merge we have Hearthstone, Overwatch, and Legion might be the best WoW expansion ever, so there hasn’t been a sharp downturn in quality.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard games seem to be Disney friendly already, what with Overwatch and WoW/Warcraft so I doubt we'll see any changes.

But for jokes and lol's I would find it funny is the dwarves from Seven Dwarfs are what WoW dwarves become
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Then we might be able to see Sora Donald and Goofy fight against Diablo and his heartless army from hell

Also this
    Last edited by Odinfrost; 2017-12-16 at 02:08 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They shut down their own semi-successful games division not long ago, unlikely they then would buy out another. Don't think they have much interest in gaming.
    If they did, probably wouldn't make much difference. More skin options for Overwatch/HoTS I guess, the WoW pets could be interesting.
    Last edited by llubtoille; 2017-12-16 at 02:09 PM.

Deleted
    Blizzard would be ruined forever...

I hope they will do the Anakin Skywalker burning scene in Molten Core

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Sora is a Square Enix character, Disney can't buy Japanese companies but they can do agreement to have him in WoW like Kingdom Hearts had Disney characters in case they buy Activision Blizzard
    Sora is infact a Disney character, and there have been Sora in Disney land.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Sora

scroll down to Disney parks.

i have read somewhere that Disney owns all KH characters that appeared first there, i.e Riku, Kairi, Org XIII etc.
    Last edited by Teaon; 2017-12-16 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    I don't think Disney would buy out activision blizzard with the intent to capitalize on WoW. MMO's are not that popular, however they are making a slow and steady comeback it seems.

They would capitalize on Overwatch and Heroes. Both of which would probably be left alone, if anything it would be dumbed down to reach an even greater mass audience.
    Are MMO's becoming popular again ?

which ones?
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller