10+ Year Old Account
    Well, to be fair there ISN'T much left to discuss. Most of the big reveals are done and we have one short season left to wrap up the last big battle, then the show is over.

I mean, really... What else is left to discuss in the show?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Well, to be fair there ISN'T much left to discuss. Most of the big reveals are done and we have one short season left to wrap up the last big battle, then the show is over.

"short season"? you do realise that the 6 remaining episodes will be full length features? looking at about 1.5-2 hours with breaks so that's the equivalent of 12 episodes

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    "short season"? you do realise that the 6 remaining episodes will be full length features? looking at about 1.5-2 hours with breaks so that's the equivalent of 12 episodes
    Do you have a source for that?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Funny how dead this thread is after the last season. Remember when discussion would rage on after the seasons about the stannis arc or who the night king was.

now the show got so shallow there is nothing left to discuss and just wait for the last season of fan fic where everyone will get there happy ever after and Tyrion will rule the iron throne with Bronn and Dany and Jon run off into the sunset to make targ babies
    The show's gone to shit, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Do you have a source for that?
    i do indeed

http://deadline.com/2017/07/season-8...th-1202123353/

and one more if it's not enough with only 1 source =)

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/gam...et-1201881367/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    i do indeed
    Huh, didn't realise they'd be feature length, that's pretty cool.

Doesn't change the point I was making though. What is there left to discuss? What theories are there to talk on, what great twists to anticipate?

All we have left is the big final battle and the fallout. This will be a "Wrap up" season, in much the same way the penultimate episode of the season is the big episode and the finalé wraps shit up and sets up the next season... Except now there IS no next season... So this final season will be the big battle, the fallout from the Targ reveal etcetc. Not much to debate on.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

What does that tell you when the ending doesnt have much left to discuss....

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think season 8 will be disappointing. From the end of season 4 onwards, most of the characters I've liked have either gotten boring or have been ruined for a number of reasons. Jaime's character butchered, Daenerys is annoying, whatever Arya did seemed pointless, Jon is boring, Tyrion lost his identity, I could go on. The only two characters I seem to still like is the Hound and Bronn, and they don't have much screen time. Oh well, I guess you can't expect too much from the writer of Troy and the co-writer of Origins: Wolverine.

To go against most of the people in this thread.

I am very much looking forward to the last season. I still have most of the sound track on my shuffle playlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post

I am highly looking forward to the last season. I still have most of the sound track on my shuffle playlist.
    Always fighting the good fight frankie. I wish you well on your journeys.

Plus I dont think many will fault GoT for its music or production qualities. Its the writing and acting that is hit and miss.

I just want more Games of Thrones. I’m not convinced we’ll ever get the books so I atleast want to see an ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post

I am very much looking forward to the last season. I still have most of the sound track on my shuffle playlist.
    I mean, it's going to have really fun and flashy moments and the soundtrack will be great. I just feel like the season is going to be like one of those movies that you see and have a really fun time watching at first but 10 minutes after the movie ends you realize how hallow it really was.

And to be fair, I don't think the books will do much better, if they end up ever being finished. It's no surprise that the quality of the writing of the show started to go down at roughly the same point where the quality has gone down in the books. Just way too many characters spread out way too far, plus I don't think there really are any surprises left in the books anymore.
    Last edited by Varolyn; 2017-12-16 at 08:11 PM.

I enjoyed most of season 7.
    The S7, Ep 6 annoyed me slightly, but other than that, I was very happy with it.

I haven't liked the show as much after season 4, but I still continue watching to see how it all ends. I also binge watched the whole show after season 5 so I don't have any nostalgia or anything where I prefer the older seasons, I just found them much more interesting and better written. I actually got into the show after playing Telltale's Game of Thrones and because its gotten so much praise at the time. If I had to pick my favorite season its either 3 or 4, while my least favorite is either 5 or 7 (S6 barely manages to stay better with the last 2 episodes).

I'm not that hyped for the final season but I am looking forward to see the full might of the Army of the Dead against the rest of the kingdoms. I predict little losses where Cersei will most likely die and maybe a Stark (looking at Bran, he might have some relation with the Night King). They might pull a WotLK ending with ''there must always be a Night King'' where Jon Snow becomes the new Night King. Nothing will happen to Daenarys which is a shame, she's just annoying now. At this point I'm more excited for the spin off shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does that tell you when the ending doesnt have much left to discuss....
    That the final season is going to be maybe 75% action, 15% tying up lose ends and 10% fanservice?

I rewatched the whole s7 yesterday and today.

You know. After long brake, forgetting about all the yes's and no's... it was a good watch. Of course it nowhere close to s1/2/3. But looking at it... The story got so magic-y undead-y, with so much budget for the effects needed (if you have any willing dragons and undead to play in GoT, let the makers know) they probably gave up on the perfect storytelling. This show, while good, was never meant to be somewhat masterpiece, the single most perfect show there ever was.

If you throw away your grudges and what-ifs, the show is good to watch still. Thats all I need honestly.

But the "hype" generated by the cast is kind of pathetic tbh. The show is so far ahead of us that my hype completely died and wont be reborn until after we are close to s8. On one hand I understand that it takes a lot to make that. On second, when I see "filming for s8 was delayed to allow everyone attend Kit's wedding" I facepalm. Or the actors saying "its gonna be the biggest season" like no shit ofc it will be, its the last one. But the hypeing from them, when the season is 1,5 year away from now, is irritating me more than hypeing.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    This show, while good, was never meant to be somewhat masterpiece, the single most perfect show there ever was.
    Says who. Its on HBO a network that has pumped out some of the best TV shows ever. Its based on one of the most popular and long lasting fantasy series with a genius writer George RR martin and its had piles of money thrown at it.

Had it all there to be something great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Genius writer George RR martin
    Wait..

What...

Really?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

No.

George is a solid writer who has moments of greatness, but he is NOWHERE in the leagues of the true great writers. He writes solid historical fantasy, nothing more. World building, characterisation, plot, pacing... all at BEST average.

Wait..

What...

Really?

No.

George is a solid writer who has moments of greatness, but he is NOWHERE in the leagues of the true great writers. He writes solid historical fantasy, nothing more. World building, characterisation, plot, pacing... all at BEST average.
    I disagree. Isnt that easy creating such a large scale world rich with detail and characters. Sure there might be some pacing issues but no one said it had to be a light read and different strokes for different folks. Dont consider it a fault that a tactical and political heavy story is not a quick read.

Wait..

What...

Really?

No.

You think his world building is average?