Guardian Consumables

Sup all, quick question about consumables for guardian - for raids/M+, flasks is it always seventh demon? And what about pre-pots/pots for raiding versus M+, and non-feast food? Just vers food for M+?

did you even try looking for a guide. Like 3 main websites to go to + the discord

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    did you even try looking for a guide. Like 3 main websites to go to + the discord
    I did and I can't find a definitive answer, I'm a min/maxer and would prefer to have it laid out and no guide I've read has that. They just say you can do A, B or C.

You can use your brain a bit. If you feel like content you do requires more defensive consumables, use them. If not, go full DPS.

Not even remotely on this topic, but I'm dying to know what "3 main websites" you're talking about that have class guides. inb4 Icy-Veins or Noxxic, both of which are dumpster-fires atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    You can use your brain a bit. If you feel like content you do requires more defensive consumables, use them. If not, go full DPS.
    By far the best answer anyone can really give, regarding tanks consumables. Since you're essentially like Half-DPSers at the moment and not every boss swings at you for half+ your HP like Vanilla, you can sometimes go for more DPS over survivability. You just have to stock up on both and play it by ear.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Unless you're very undergeared or skilled/comfortable with bear, you always go offensive consumables. Agi offers you a damage increase in the form of attack power as well as crit, which also translates into dodge. Stam buffs offer you a little bit more HP, and rarely enough to save your life.
    Retired hardcore raider, but still a tryhard.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Not even remotely on this topic, but I'm dying to know what "3 main websites" you're talking about that have class guides. inb4 Icy-Veins or Noxxic, both of which are dumpster-fires atm.

By far the best answer anyone can really give, regarding tanks consumables. Since you're essentially like Half-DPSers at the moment and not every boss swings at you for half+ your HP like Vanilla, you can sometimes go for more DPS over survivability. You just have to stock up on both and play it by ear.
    Icy-veins,wowhead, here on mmochamp. Ok icy veins sucks to you but im sure it talks about consumables. Wowhead has pretty good guides. Everyone should always check their class discord and compare shit as well

Icy-veins,wowhead, here on mmochamp. Ok icy veins sucks to you but im sure it talks about consumables. Wowhead has pretty good guides. Everyone should always check their class discord and compare shit as well
    Alright so 2/3 pretty good yeah. IV's gotten to near-Noxxic levels of mediocrity. It's just lazy and rather than actually updating guides, they just say "updated for 7.2! for 7.3!" etc without ANY level of effort now. It's sad.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Personally at my gear level I don't use Stam flasks or food anymore, because 12 million HP is just crazy and I'm generally the last to die anyway. For offensive food if there are lavish feasts available I switch to feral, eat to get the agility buff, and then switch back to guardian. If there aren't feasts available then I use Versatility food. Flasks are always agility.

Honestly you need to just look at your group and your gear level for what you are trying to do. If you aren't having issues with surviving and your healers aren't struggling to heal you there's no good reason to not go offensive.

Default consumables:
    -Agility flask
    -Versa food (or agility from feast for pure dps)
    -Pot of prolonged power for m+ (Old war for ST dps)

Switch around if needed for very specific scenarios though you should be fine running with the above setup like 95% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kadie View Post
    Unless you're very undergeared or skilled/comfortable with bear, you always go offensive consumables. Agi offers you a damage increase in the form of attack power as well as crit, which also translates into dodge. Stam buffs offer you a little bit more HP, and rarely enough to save your life.
    Agility does not give you crit, and it hasn't for a long time. Agility classes simply get a passive that gives them a little extra baseline crit.
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Yxiomel View Post
    Agility does not give you crit, and it hasn't for a long time. Agility classes simply get a passive that gives them a little extra baseline crit.
    He is right in that agility does give you an (admittedly infinitesimal) amount of dodge chance, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Yup, pretty much.

The only M+ boss I really use a Stamina flask on is Ymiron in Maw18-20(+), especially on Tyrannical week. That boss is SCARY.

Prolonged power always unless doing a burn with incarnation when you can old war.
    I've never compared the EH of Unbending vs prolonged as a defensive, not many physical hits worth optimising defensives, it's nearly always big magic cooldown hits.

Taken from the guardian guide here on MMOC

Enchants

Cloak - +200 Agility
    Ring - +200 Vers
    Neck - Currently the only enchant with a choice.
    Defensively Best - Mark of the Heavy Hide - Chance to proc 3000 armor for 10 seconds.
    Offensively Best - Mark of the Hidden Satyr - Chance to summon a Satyr which will fire a nightmare bolt at your target for fire damage. Averages 1-3% of your damage on a fight.

Mark of the Trained Soldier - +600 Flat mastery, no proc.
    Mark of the Claw - Chance to proc 1000 Haste and Crit for 6 seconds. - good for aoe
    Mark of the Distant Army - Chance to summon a rain of arrows upon your target.

Aslo available in 7.15 are new cheaper neck enchants; these have no real value outside of just being a cheaper alternative.
    Mark of the Deadly - +200 Crit
    Mark of the Versatile - +200 Versatility
    Mark of the Quick - +200 Haste
    Mark of the Master - +200 Mastery

Potions
    Agi > Vers for dps in WoD potions

Potion of the Old War - Use: Summons a pair of ghostly fallen warriors that will echo your melee attacks and abilities.
    - Highest DPS potion for bear at the moment if used optimally.

Potion of Prolonged Power - Use: Increase Agi + Stam by 2500 for 60 seconds. 60s CD. Great pot for 5 mans and aoe currently due to insane uptime. Replaced wod pots for aoe.

Potion of Deadly Grace - Use: Grants your attacks a chance to unleash a bolt of energy at your target. Lasts 25s

Unbending Potion - Use: Increases your bonus armor by 3500 for 25 sec.
    Quite solid defensively, but no longer has any Offensive benefit eg pre potting at the start of a fight.