Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    They did not really care too much about the comic book stuff, they mostly wanted stuff for their Disneyflix or whatever they were going to call it.
    Based on the associated value of the components, the Regional Sports Networks seems to be the most important stuff. The streaming service is an open question now that they have Hulu.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The real money in the deal is the Hulu streaming service and amatuer football I'm aware @Immitis the superheroes just fall under the nice bonus catagory.

Deleted
    I mean, great for the MCU, I guess, but tbf the superhero stuff is so minor: it's just a rage, and I think after Avengers 4 it'll wear down unless they can consistently bring innovation to the genre, which the comic books haven't really for the past decades.

I'm mixed about this merger: Fox is garbage, but Disney with even more corporate power? That actually scares me, not because they bought some superhero stuff, but the rest of it.
    Ah well, hopefully it'll kill Family Guy and The Simpsons sooner rather than late: wring out the last merchandise money whilst slowly putting it to sleep permanently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    I mean, great for the MCU, I guess, but tbf the superhero stuff is so minor: it's just a rage, and I think after Avengers 4 it'll wear down unless they can consistently bring innovation to the genre, which the comic books haven't really for the past decades.

I'm mixed about this merger: Fox is garbage, but Disney with even more corporate power? That actually scares me, not because they bought some superhero stuff, but the rest of it.
    Ah well, hopefully it'll kill Family Guy and The Simpsons sooner rather than late: wring out the last merchandise money whilst slowly putting it to sleep permanently.
    You saying Fox sucks just made me realize Disney now owns Legion. Remember Fox isnt just that one channel that plays all the Seth McFarlane shows. FX puts out some really good stuff.

People really slept on Legion.

On another note, being from the area, I find it funny that Disney keeps buying stuff that Universal has at its theme parks. First it was Marvel, now its Simpsons. Watching for Disney ti find a way to buy Harry Potter.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2017-12-15 at 10:18 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You saying Fox sucks just made me realize Disney now owns Legion. Remember Fox isnt just that one channel that plays all the Seth McFarlane shows. FX puts out some really good stuff.

People really slept on Legion.

On another note, being from the area, I find it funny that Disney keeps buying stuff that Universal has at its theme parks. First it was Marvel, now its Simpsons. Watching for Disney ti find a way to buy Harry Potter.
    That is because the story behind the Legion character is just ridicules to follow.
    He is written so bad that no show or comic do him any justice.When you think about it its all cool him having all these powers and personality's but you cant really keep up with it, its just too much.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its not the best thing for the entertainment industry. Disney already can bully everyone else now even more so.

They need to address how they are dealing with the more mature content, if that is gonna be under a different umbrella because it doesnt really fit the disney theme and feel.

Cant really see a deadpool at their themepark. Time will tell how they handle it. I have a feeling all that will change is their product will get more expensive and you will need their streaming service to get it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    That is because the story behind the Legion character is just ridicules to follow.
    He is written so bad that no show or comic do him any justice.When you think about it its all cool him having all these powers and personality's but you cant really keep up with it, its just too much.
    Understandable. You either have to accept the insanity of Legion of hurt your brain trying to connect all the dots.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    They need to address how they are dealing with the more mature content, if that is gonna be under a different umbrella because it doesnt really fit the disney theme and feel.
    They've already addressed it and was pointed out in this thread above. They've also been considering the idea of Marvel-R (working title) where it's Marvel R-Rated stuff. But Disney owns other companies that release R-Rated films all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    I really enjoyed some of his stuff that took place during the X-Men civil war (post Phoenix Force and death of Xavier) but last I saw of Legion he had erased himself from history.

I kinda hope they keep the X-men and stuff separate unless they end up doing some type of secret wars thing and then add what they want into a new universe.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I kinda hope they keep the X-men and stuff separate unless they end up doing some type of secret wars thing and then add what they want into a new universe.
    Mutants generally seem a lot less interesting when they exist in an universe filled with radioactive spiders, gods, super serums, super tech, spaceships, etc. I don't think it would work if they tried to pass it off as "oh, the X-Men have always been here".

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post

Shared universes are so much more fun when done properly. I hope the X-men are folded into the shared marvel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Shared universes are so much more fun when done properly. I hope the X-men are folded into the shared marvel universe.
    It can work to an extent, but it makes everybody feel less special and important, and it can easily start restricting stories when things happening on Earth that have large scale implications would make you ask why a bunch of other heroes don't pop up to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Mutants generally seem a lot less interesting when they exist in an universe filled with radioactive spiders, gods, super serums, super tech, spaceships, etc. I don't think it would work if they tried to pass it off as "oh, the X-Men have always been here".
    I never felt this way when reading the comics, not sure why it would have to be like you say in the MCU.

But yes, they absolutely will need to do something more than "they've always been here".

Do what Comics Explained said. Which is they have always been there but Charles Xavier wiped the minds of everyone on earth to forget that mutants existed.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Do what Comics Explained said. Which is they have always been there but Charles Xavier wiped the minds of everyone on earth to forget that mutants existed.
    Doing a "Xavier wiped our minds" is the same as "they've always been here, you just don't see them. Wouldn't work well at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That graphic is wildly inaccurate, even when it was produced. Don't worry about it too much.
    What image? The one with the rights? It's been pretty accurate. What do you find inaccurate about it?

The Disney merger faces challenges before it is finalized. The Sony stuff is also far more complicated than what they represent. And if Time Warner/AT&T had issues, this kind of merger has many more.

I would love for Marvel to fully get the rights to their characters, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves just yet.
    While that may be true, the rights for the Marvel characters wouldn't be the issue. It's the other stuff that would and if needed they could always separate the deal for different parts and such. I don't see the Marvel character rights posing any problem and they'll get them no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    i dont see how that would work unless they make mutants extremely rare in the mcu.

its one thing to wipe out the existence of the x-men. you cant hide mutants alltogether though

- - - Updated - - -

The Disney merger faces challenges before it is finalized. The Sony stuff is also far more complicated than what they represent. And if Time Warner/AT&T had issues, this kind of merger has many more.

I would love for Marvel to fully get the rights to their characters, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves just yet.
    i dont think it will face many challenges. its really really hard to prove that someone has a monopoly on entertainment.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I guess they could explain it that Xavier used cerebro to amplify his power to affect the minds of all the normal humans but that would be super lame. It would be a very comic booky thing to do but might be too out there for the general audience. I usually defend the GA but this might be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I guess they could explain it that Xavier used cerebro to amplify his power to affect the minds of all the normal humans but that would be super lame. It would be a very comic booky thing to do but might be too out there for the general audience. I usually defend the GA but this might be too much.
    Meh, Doctor Strange exists with a Time Gem. After Infinity War, half the earth dies, so Doc Strange alters time. A side effect is mutants appear in the past.

Though really, if Inhumans are there already, and the Avengers don't realize it, maybe it's just time we admit that the Avengers aren't very well informed...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Understandable. You either have to accept the insanity of Legion of hurt your brain trying to connect all the dots.
    Or follow the tv show example of tossing it all out the window and say it wasn't insanity, just a mental intruder.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."