Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Hello!

I don't know if anybody has posted this, but how about making one normal leveling and one hard/heroic.
    Of course you get better loot if you play on hard/heroic and all people become satisfied.

Thanks for reading,

- Silvador

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I don't think this is universally true. A lot of new players like a good leveling system. My roommate recently got into MMOs (Elder Scrolls) and I thought about getting him into WoW, but he really digs just plain questing and crafting. that is pretty much broken in WoW right now until you get to max level. So I haven't bothered getting him to try it. Why should new players have to skip (or skim) over HUGE amounts of content before they get something that is fun?
    Well, the issue is that mobs generally take longer and longer to kill and the experience required to level has been increased too. This goes hand in hand with mobs and quest targets becoming a lot stronger. Someone who doesn't have heirlooms will have a painful leveling experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That is not quite true. Overall class design in MoP was the best it ever was and that includes the talents.
    WoD had some that were a bit bland but overall the talents themselves was not the main issue classes were bad in WoD.
    I never said the classes were badly designed, just that the talent trees were boring as fuck. All choices except the last 1-2 tiers did basically the same thing in a someqhat different ways, the Hunter for example, who had a talent choice of regaining focus, summon a beast that lets you regain your focus or having a passive that sometimes makes your abilities cost less focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Well, the issue is that mobs generally take longer and longer to kill and the experience required to level has been increased too. This goes hand in hand with mobs and quest targets becoming a lot stronger. Someone who doesn't have heirlooms will have a painful leveling experience.
    Someone who has done it a million times might have a painful leveling experience. Someone whose goal is "max level or bust" might have a painful leveling experience.

There is every reason to believe that people new to the game, or the genre, might ENJOY the slower leveling experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxergss View Post
    Legion shouldnt be only content in WoW, in MMORPGS leveling is a content and now, you can face roll it in 2 days spamming LFD, this destroys player's first impression.
    Looking for dungeons is slower than questing solo unless you haven't completed a dungeons quest.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd prefer if they just made leveling faster but harder at this points more of a pass or fail activity. It's why I can't jam with Vanilla that shit is mindless as fuck outside of raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone who has done it a million times might have a painful leveling experience. Someone whose goal is "max level or bust" might have a painful leveling experience.

There is every reason to believe that people new to the game, or the genre, might ENJOY the slower leveling experience.
    Why's that it's still piss easy the problem isn't time spent but actual difficulty and this does nothing to address that problem.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by NormalGamer View Post
    the game begins at 110 where you can raid, do bgs, arenas, make gold, hunt for transmogs, artifact skins, etc.
    That is the fucking Problem atm
    People that are new to this game, think it's too easy, too fast. They don't realize whats Happening because they one shot everything. It doesn't feel like a good MMORPG. That is what wow has to get back. This Game is also made for new Players, not only for People that want to Level there 10th alt. If u'r not fine with this, god damn then pay 60€...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    They shouldn't have increased the experience required for each and every level. Scaling zones, putting them into brackets and all of that was fine, but increasing the total amount of experience needed was totally uncalled for.

I wouldn't mind leveling with the old experience requirements, in which the heirlooms offer a great advantage and fasten things up, while I'd still be able to level through entire zones without outleveling them. This was the whole point of players wanting scaling; so you can level(at a faster rate with your heirlooms) through questing, without leaving zones and questlines unfinished. What Blizzard did is the complete opposite.

The only thing they've done here is to completely negate the effect of heirlooms and essentially doom all players that have no heirlooms. Leveling is now unimaginable without heirlooms as it would take a stupid amount of time, especially for new players. The new experience charts are literally counting on everyone having full-heirloom characters.
    They should just copy destiny and let zones scale with level up to what ever next expansion caps is so older zones quest at least reward gold or at allow people to complete the game at there leisure. I want a difficulty increase not another fucking mindless time sink.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyzk View Post
    That is the fucking Problem atm
    People that are new to this game, think it's too easy, too fast. They don't realize whats Happening because they one shot everything. It doesn't feel like a good MMORPG. That is what wow has to get back. This Game is also made for new Players, not only for People that want to Level there 10th alt. If u'r not fine with this, god damn then pay 60€...
    Where did you get this opinion from do you polls or data to back this up? It's that why leveling is faster so people can catch up to other players easier rather than dragging them through outdated content. The problem with this update is it doesn't fix the difficulty problem just adds a mindless time sink for everyone involved.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-12-16 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Why's that it's still piss easy the problem isn't time spent but actual difficulty and this does nothing to address that problem.
    I don't think leveling in an MMO is supposed to particularly difficult. It should be MEANINGFUL, though. The problem for new people now, is that quests go grey WAY before they are done with the zone. So they miss out on a lot of the storyline endings.

I don't think leveling in an MMO is supposed to particularly difficult. It should be MEANINGFUL, though. The problem for new people now, is that quests go grey WAY before they are done with the zone. So they miss out on a lot of the storyline endings.
    It should be difficult because difficulty causes you to rise to the occasion but to much drives people away the problem is wow isn't hitting that sweet spot or even trying. They could've address that with leveling scaling this just drags a mindless process that demands nothing of you out and out leveling zones will still happen. Leveling scaling would've allowed people to stay in those zones and given max level characters an incentive to revisit them with the increased gold gains. I just think this is short sight and a band aid fix.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-12-16 at 10:49 PM.