Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Dogs aren't free... We also tend to have animal control to deal with them if they are.
    They are free.

Deleted
    strange,

Its hard for me to not judge her on her outwards appearance of a not-very-smart person. If she treated her dogs in a not very smart way (in an overly familiar cuddly way) then maybe the dogs didnt respect her authority.

If watching cesar milan has taught me anything is that dogs are very hierarchical animals, if you're oblivious to that - especially with the more aggressive prone breeds as pittbulls, then you might get strange result.

But again, it's a lot of iffs and purely hypothetical.

Rip poor soul.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    They are free.
    Depends on where you live. Most places, have what they call leash laws and dog tags required each year. Even out here in the country where I live, none of my neighbors let their dogs roam freely. For one, if they care about them, they would not want cars to hit them. For two, it is against the law here. I have on occasion saw dogs running loose which I did not know where they come from. One reason I carry a handgun when I go for walks back in my woods. Large dogs in packs, can be dangerous. We also have coyotes. But those are normally seen at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Depends on where you live. Most places, have what they call leash laws and dog tags required each year. Even out here in the country where I live, none of my neighbors let their dogs roam freely. For one, if they care about them, cars can hit them. For two, it is against the law here. I have on occasion saw dogs running loose which I did not know where they come from. One reason I carry a handgun when I go for walks back in my woods. Large dogs in packs, can be dangerous. We also have coyotes. But those are normally seen at night.
    I meant free as in they don't get stopped from jumping people, from running up to people, from barking at people, from growling at people. Owners downplay it all the time. Even if they try to attack you they say its just playing.

And this is why these vicious animals should be banned. All Kampfhunde should be euthanized and it should be illegal to breed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant free as in they don't get stopped from jumping people, from running up to people, from barking at people, from growling at people. Owners downplay it all the time. Even if they try to attack you they say its just playing.
    That is wrong however. Do you understand what a leash law is? if they are off a person's property, you must have them on a leash. Owners who down play them trying to attack someone, can lose their dogs ether from the law confiscating them as a dangerous animal or a person shooting them, which they would be justified if attacked and they are not on the owners property. Even if they are, the owners are responsible for them attacking people who are not breaking any laws, such as a thief or someone damaging their property.

Maybe it is that way where you live, but it certainly is not that way here where I live.

That is wrong however. Do you understand what a leash law is? if they are off a person's property, you must have them on a leash. Owners who down play them trying to attack someone, can lose their dogs ether from the law confiscating them as a dangerous animal or a person shooting them, which they would be justified if attacked and they are not on the owners property. Even if they are, the owners are responsible for them attacking people who are not breaking any laws, such as a thief or someone damaging their property.

Maybe it is that way where you live, but it certainly is not that way here where I live.
    What happen in the world can be very different from what law says. Leash also doesn't stop this.
    Last edited by Katie N; 2017-12-16 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    But then you're punishing the dogs, not the humans. Dogs are a human construct and are almost entirely shaped by what we want them to be.

I might not be that against it if you were relocating the dogs to a sanctuary, but most of what I see with anti-pit bull legislation involves them being killed.

EDIT: Meant that you were punishing the dogs, not the humans. Fixed it.
    Dogs and their welfare don't enter the equation whatsoever when dealing with human safety. And the humans would be punished if they kept illegal dogs, what you think the dog gets put down or put in dogjail and the owner isn't held responsible? Fine the dog? Humans that break those laws are usually fined, and the dog taken from them, probably euthanized for the good of the human population.

It's worth noting these laws aren't often broken, people get why, and it's very easy to get a less aggressive breed if you want a dog.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2017-12-16 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    If I drop something that isn't normal for my dog to eat and he grabs he'll get defensive when I start taking it away. He growls as I my hand gets close to the food and try's to hold onto it. He doesn't snap or bite at me though.
    That just means you're a bitch in your dogs eyes. You're lower on the pack order and he knows it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What happen in the world can be very different from what law says.
    There will always be law breakers. Crooks, criminals..etc. And a lot of the times they get caught. The prisons have thousands of them. Owners letting their dogs around here roam freely, risk losing them from other people shooting them, but in most cases, it is the cars which get them. People who let their dogs run loose , are not only breaking the law, but being very irresponsible and should not even be allowed to have dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    That just means you're a bitch in your dogs eyes. You're lower on the pack order and he knows it.
    Dogs do not see humans as pack animals and they don't think we're in a pack. The dog, however, is badly trained and socialized and should know to listen to a human.

There will always be law breakers. Crooks, criminals..etc. And a lot of the times they get caught. The prisons have thousands of them. Owners letting their dogs around here roam freely, risk losing them from other people shooting them, but in most cases, it is the cars which get them. People who let their dogs run loose , are not only breaking the law, but being very irresponsible and should not even be allowed to have dogs.
    Leash doesn't stop what I said unless they have the leash like 30 cm. Dogs have always been leashed when I encounter bad behavior from them, like jumping at me. Owner says they are just greeting me but get that fucking dog out of my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leash doesn't stop what I said unless they have the leash like 30 cm. Dogs have always been leashed when I encounter bad behavior from them, like jumping at me. Owner says they are just greeting me but get that fucking dog out of my face.
    Lol! Guess what a mess it could make if it was not on a leash. And if the dog is reaching your face, the owner is being a prick. They need to be on a short leash around people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Dogs and their welfare don't enter the equation whatsoever when dealing with human safety. And the humans would be punished if they kept illegal dogs, what you think the dog gets put down or put in dogjail and the owner isn't held responsible? Fine the dog? Humans that break those laws are usually fined, and the dog taken from them, probably euthanized for the good of the human population.
    What about pitbulls that have no history of aggression? There are more tigers owned privately in Texas than there are left in the wild. Should exotic pets seized from houses be euthanized for the good of the human population? No, they shouldn't and they're usually relocated to sanctuaries that deal in exotic animals. So why should a banned dog breed be any different?

Logic dictates a domesticated animal would be easier to care for than wild megafauna.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Riiight. Then perhaps it'd bother you to know that dogs do in fact kill for sport/fun, along with literally hundreds of different animals. Cats, polar bears, orca whales, dolphins, baboons, the list goes on for quite awhile.
    Because the word of some random dude on MMOC is definitely going to have any credibility. If you're gonna spout shit like that at least come with reliable sources.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Because the word of some random dude on MMOC is definitely going to have any credibility. If you're gonna spout shit like that at least come with reliable sources.
    https://www.ranker.com/list/animals-...on/laura-allan some animals do kill for what appears to be fun. Dogs in packs have been known to kill hundreds of sheep in one attack. Much more than they could ever consume for food.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Fucking lol. Right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surplus_killing

https://www.ranker.com/list/animals-...on/laura-allan

https://www.pestsmart.org.au/pestsma...g-impacts-faq/ (read the bullet point about wild dogs killing for fun)

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/sc...-a-killer.html

Literally three minutes on Google to pull up a few specific sources that aren't part of larger lists/articles. Drop the crap attitude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Dogs do not see humans as pack animals and they don't think we're in a pack. The dog, however, is badly trained and socialized and should know to listen to a human.
    Actually they do. Especially if they live inside. The rest is right.

https://www.ranker.com/list/animals-...on/laura-allan some animals do kill for what appears to be fun. Dogs in packs have been known to kill hundreds of sheep in one attack. Much more than they could ever consume for food.
    Some animals do surplus kill, although it's not entirely certain why they do it and usually a pretty rare occurrence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Often? It's very rare considering just how many dogs there are around.
    Happens enough that on my local news I hear about a dog that turned on its owner after attacking someone and it was then put down. It's not so often that every dog owner lives in fear, but enough that everyone else lives in fear. On my street is a neighbor who owns a relatively large dog, but a happy and playful one. Though he playfully bites a lot of things, including children and people. He even playfully bite my hand, though I don't worry cause I'm relatively large compared to the dog. But he does bite children, and the other neighbors aren't happy about it. My friend who owns a Pit Bull has gotten lose on three occasions and has bitten people. Thankfully adults but one of those adults was a cop. He's also bitten some relatives of his.

But again these are large dogs who do bite often but aren't aggressive to their owner, but they are also people I know. In Paterson NJ near where I live there's incidents where the dog turns on their owners usually after they attacked someone. I don't know why but this is what happens a lot in Paterson but I imagine cause it's the craphole of NJ. Well second largest crap hole. Newark maybe #1. But yea nearly every week there's some dog attack on New12.

And you've got it the wrong way around. If your dog is the size of Paris Hilton's, you've fucked up.
    Like in what way? The dog has a shorter life span or something?
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2017-12-16 at 11:56 PM.