Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Yeah, but people would if they need it to get invited.
    I doubt that, highly. People are already lazy, they wouldn't log just to get into groups and thus the addon would easily die off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wonderful....more idiocy in this game. I'm so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I doubt that, highly. People are already lazy, they wouldn't log just to get into groups and thus the addon would easily die off.
    This addon is not targeted for the average player, it just lists a few thousand players. Players that are deeply invested in doing high level m+, and look for likewise people. I am sure those people also would start logging (if they are not yet doing it) - especially to proove that they did it, since the official source would no longer be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    This addon is not targeted for the average player, it just lists a few thousand players. Players that are deeply invested in doing high level m+, and look for likewise people. I am sure those people also would start logging (if they are not yet doing it) - especially to proove that they did it, since the official source would no longer be available.
    This addon is about the average player because the people who are actually "deeply invested" have their own team with several available swaps. Your argument is literally retarded because if you're actually arguing that the hardcore M+s are pugging people for high keys, then you're actually delusional.

Well thank god for this. No one should ever exposed to the tyranny of sub optimal groups in this zero risk game. Think of the fee fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Some people drastically underrate how important experience is in M+.
    Some people drastically underrate how important M+ runs are to getting experience.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Some people drastically underrate how important M+ runs are to getting experience.
    Exactly, which is why you start from somewhere where you can see the mechanics but you can ignore them to an extent when (not if, when) you fuck up - and it is not 15+ for the majority of players.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It's easy to get into +7 and +8 groups without experience. If you are applying to a +15 group, you should already be experienced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The barrier to entry on M+ is cancer at the moment. I can understand if you're going for like 20-25 or even higher, but when I can't get into an M15 because I only do 1 M+ a week, for fuck sakes. This is coming from someone who's already 2/11M, 950+ iLvl, 4P T21, etc. I think I'm more than qualified for your shitty +15 keys.

I do hope they break any and all leaderboards for anything below a +20 in the future if they continue with this incentive of only doing 1 dungeon a week.
    How can you be "2/11M, 950+ iLvl, 4P T21, etc" and still depend on strangers to run M+? Are none of your friends/guild mates willing to run with you? Or worse come to worst, put together your own group? How can you possibly need to get into some group in queue?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

This discussion has been going on for weeks about this... the creator hasnt said much about the backlash but i do agree.... it should be broken by blizzard although AGAIN they wont due to them just pulling data from the leaderboard API.... People are sitting here trying to min max groups theyre in for a +10... like for real? Hell even a 15 u shouldnt. My friend sat in a group for nearly 45 minutes while the leader had to check everyones score.... they needed 1 tank and my friend said 4 tanks were qued and all over 950 ilvl and all got refused because their score wasnt up to par for what the leader wanted.... What the fuck is that shit? Its become an EXTREME issue and there are some people who say "make your own group" or "stop your crying you just want a carry"... sorry but no. The reason the addon fucks over so many people is because majority of us have lives. We cant live and die by tuesday always. So either get your runs in on tuesday or you dont get a score and the cycle repeats itself. People on low pop servers can get constant scores and people on say Tichondrius are completely fucked if they dont slam out a 17+ ON tuesday... theyll receive 0 points

- - - Updated - - -

In all truth the only way to have this addon shutdown is to contact blizzard through tickets/live chat. Enough complaints will shut it down and based off the feedback here... there is way more than enough with very valid points to rid the system of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfactor View Post
    In all truth the only way to have this addon shutdown is to contact blizzard through tickets/live chat. Enough complaints will shut it down and based off the feedback here... there is way more than enough with very valid points to rid the system of it.
    IMO it would be better to tell them (as I did via suggestion ingame) to increase the leaderboard so people on high pop servers who only play on weekends get their runs in.

I'm happy I've never had any interest in M+. Never saw the point in repeating something, but I see this addon is going to cause some drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    This addon is about the average player because the people who are actually "deeply invested" have their own team with several available swaps. Your argument is literally retarded because if you're actually arguing that the hardcore M+s are pugging people for high keys, then you're actually delusional.
    Less than 20% of the entire playerbase has even completed a m+15 in time (https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/glo...category-15254). And yes, there are many, many groups in the tool that look for m+17 and higher, and that's the intended audience of the addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    Why would you want to get in a pug? Do none of your friends want to run with you?

- - - Updated - - -

Players who have worked hard for good scores have every right to group with other players who have done the same, if that's how they enjoy the game. Nothing entitles you to join them if you haven't put in the same effort.

You can, of course, enjoy the game without all that. I myself mostly go for max chest on all of my alts, rather than pushing scores on any one of them. Doesn't affect me because I have plenty of friends inviting me to run M+ who know me from past runs rather than caring about my score. But I would hardly take offense at not being invited to a group that wants high scores. They earned those, I haven't. (tbh, I have no idea what my score is. haven't needed to know so haven't bothered looking).

Group Finder is a neutral tool helping those with similar approaches to the game find each other.
    Stop trying to get into groups that aren't a good match and you will be far less frustrated.

- - - Updated - - -

They are for some people, less so for others. What in the world does that have to do with anything? What about that obligates complete strangers to group with you?

This just in: Everyone has access to Group Finder! Everyone gets to use it to find players they want to run with! No one is obligated to invite you. They are searching for players who play their way. So either do the stuff they are into (build you score), or find people who prefer to play your way. That is all.

To answer your questions... I don't always have 4 other friends online at the same time who are all interested in running the same M+. Most of my friends are mythic raiders who do a key or 2 each week, mainly for the cache. Pugs are convenient because you can find one at any time of the day for the specific content you are looking for. I shouldn't have to feel guilty about looking for an occasional pug because you want to defend the top 5% or so of M+ runners gating off an entire community lol. Look at the forums, dude, I promise you it's only a matter of time before RaiderIO is knocked off. Pugs used to be JUST fine until RaiderIO came out. A handful of players could find others with a relatively similar item level and down a 15 with little problem. Now, unless you're a M+ junkie, you can't even get in to them. "Run your own key blah blah blah" yeah yeah yeah, I did, but it still doesn't fix the issue of RaiderIO being cancer.

"Stop trying to get in to groups that are a bad match"... How are they a bad match? Because RaiderIO says they are? I have been raiding hardmode content for several years, these are just DUNGEONS. Whenever I do get in to these 15+ keys, I absolutely dump on these RaiderIO fiends. This is the entire problem right here. RaiderIO says it's a bad match so people just run with it, despite reality saying something else.
    Hellborne - US Illidan
    Armory | Warcraft Logs | Raider.IO

Quote Originally Posted by Hellborne87 View Post
    "Stop trying to get in to groups that are a bad match"... How are they a bad match? Because RaiderIO says they are? I have been raiding hardmode content for several years, these are just DUNGEONS. Whenever I do get in to these 15+ keys, I absolutely dump on these RaiderIO fiends. This is the entire problem right here. RaiderIO says it's a bad match so people just run with it, despite reality saying something else.
    By the look of this (and other similar) thread, every single low-score person is a top-notch high-quality player absolutely 'shitting on' every single person who has high M+ score. Why don't you just avoid those 'high-score' groups then if they are bound to be bad? Why do you want to get into them so desperately while refusing to push your own key (that you'd only have to 'push' once, provided you actually did complete a 15 last week)? It shouldn't matter what dungeon you get and just invite people for the remaining spots on first come, first serve basis, as apparently 15+ is literally piss-easy and even a group of vegetables could do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

the top 5% or so of M+ runners gating off an entire community lol
    I don't understand. If the top 5% play only with each other this leaves 95% to group up. If you are not in the top 5% why do you expect to get in their groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    By the look of this (and other similar) thread, every single low-score person is a top-notch high-quality player
    I'm not perfect, I'm not world first, and there are better players out there - that's a given. However, I AM a seasoned raider who typically parses purples and golds with mostly BiS gear and the ilvl to boot. Far beyond qualified to run a god damn 15+ lol. There are casuals, sure, and there's nothing wrong with that, but there are many MANY others with the gear and experience to suffice who are being cockblocked.

And fyi, I DID push my own key. I don't have a problem pushing my own. But it stil doesn't change the fact that RaiderIO is cancer and is wrong, from a principle standpoint.

You guys who are clinging to this and defending RaiderIO to the end, it's ridiculous. I bet most of the people arguing for it are even shit, at that. Just out to troll, I suppose.
    Hellborne - US Illidan
    Armory | Warcraft Logs | Raider.IO

To answer your questions... I don't always have 4 other friends online at the same time who are all interested in running the same M+. Most of my friends are mythic raiders who do a key or 2 each week, mainly for the cache. Pugs are convenient because you can find one at any time of the day for the specific content you are looking for. I shouldn't have to feel guilty about looking for an occasional pug because you want to defend the top 5% or so of M+ runners gating off an entire community lol. Look at the forums, dude, I promise you it's only a matter of time before RaiderIO is knocked off. Pugs used to be JUST fine until RaiderIO came out. A handful of players could find others with a relatively similar item level and down a 15 with little problem. Now, unless you're a M+ junkie, you can't even get in to them. "Run your own key blah blah blah" yeah yeah yeah, I did, but it still doesn't fix the issue of RaiderIO being cancer.

They are a bad match only if you are not what they are looking for. You seem like a good player and there are surely other good players in your same situation. Why not group with them instead?

I don't even know my M+ scores. Probably not great because I haven't paid attention to them. Like a lot of (most?) players, I have always focused on getting max chest for my main and not on seeing how far I can push it. If I have time left over, I try to get chests for my many alts (7 now geared enough for some kind of M+, 4 of those geared enough for 15s). My keys are chosen from what my friends have, not which ones I need to boost score. Our group comps are mostly determined by which friends are online, not what would be perfect for this week's affixes. Somehow it all works out.

As for scheduling and availability, I do set aside one night a week to make sure my top couple toons get their keys done. I tank, a friend heals (we been doing these together since early Nighthold days), and we go through friends list for DPS. So it all feels chill and no worries. We do these on Fridays, and I still get other friends hitting me up Sat-Sun-Mon to tank keys for them, so that's how some of my other alts get covered.

On those occasions when I still need to pug one, there is almost always someone else who's procrastinated and is just happy to find a tank for their 15 on a Monday.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-12-17 at 10:46 PM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

An amazing addon that lets us determine who does their M+ keys in the first half of the weekly reset and who doesn't!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    And watch the Blizzard team break it faster than Gearscore was too.
    That's strange because Gearscore was never broken, only made irrelevant due to Blizzard incorporating it into their UI.

Furthermore, Blizzard can't really break this. They can break the addon itself, sure, but the site still exists. So unless Blizzard goes about making everything private, which they never will, the functionality will remain. Blizzard likely realizes this and even if they were a bit against it, will likely not remove it.
    Last edited by Lime; 2017-12-18 at 01:08 AM.

I can understand two sides of this as i dont farm mythic +, i just like to do high keys when i can most in time between 18-20. So getting in to pugs despite doing those is still a pain due to me not doing all the dungeon lowering my score.

But at same time i will wowprogress/raider.io people to check not their score but to see if they have done a 16-18 key in time in order to tell me they can handle this. And if you are interested in getting your score higher then you should have done these by now whether with your key or your friends.

Having done 15-16 at best and not in time will not get you an invite to a group i make, not because im an elitist dick it just to me theres no reason to take you over someone who has.