Thread: I hate Dalaran.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I hate Dalaran.

Yes it's a rage/vent thread.

I hate Dalaran. It loads like shit, there's still no auction house in it which means you have to zone into another city and then hearth back, making Dalaran even more painful and it's incredibly laggy. Sometimes mail will outright refuse to properly load. I do not want to see this piece of shit city ever return.

Okay rage post over, continue with your scheduled shitposting.

All 12 of my characters are engineers and that is one reason why. Not the main reason, the loot-a-rang is the main reason, but one reason.

/shitposts eternally/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    All 12 of my characters are engineers and that is one reason why. Not the main reason, the loot-a-rang is the main reason, but one reason.
    Loot-a-rang, Robot AHs, and the Argus wormholes are the only reasons to ever pick up Engineering. Well, maybe the speed boost too, but that shares a cooldown with potions.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    An SSD will make your wow experience so much better. I bet you're using a traditional mechanical drive. If so, I'd look into replacing it with an SSD soon.
    Horde always.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post

I hate Dalaran. It loads like shit, there's still no auction house in it which means you have to zone into another city and then hearth back, making Dalaran even more painful and it's incredibly laggy. Sometimes mail will outright refuse to properly load. I do not want to see this piece of shit city ever return.

Capital cities didn't have auction houses since Wrath (with the exception of Cataclysm since we would be based off in the vanilla capital cities). Also, "mail refusing to properly load" happens everywhere to me where I have more than one page of mail. Stormwind or that backwater place in Feralas.

Portal in SW/Org so... No need to hearth back, but dead nuts everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cwowtbang View Post
    An SSD will make your wow experience so much better. I bet you're using a traditional mechanical drive. If so, I'd look into replacing it with an SSD soon.
    Mmm ssd helps, but still takes longer than any other zone, also loads find after deleting folders, but as soon as you use garrison hearth its back to slow loading in dal.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Capital cities are a giant mess in this game. Blizzard's argument is that they want players centralized a bit, and then make sure that some worthwhile element isn't featured there.

Give all capitals the same rudimentary portal options, fix Silvermoon and the Exodar, and let players decide what they want to call home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Capital cities didn't have auction houses since Wrath (with the exception of Cataclysm since we would be based off in the vanilla capital cities). Also, "mail refusing to properly load" happens everywhere to me where I have more than one page of mail. Stormwind or that backwater place in Feralas.
    WoD's capitals had auction houses and and auctioneers were added to Shattrath in Cataclysm. There is virtually no fucking reason an expansion's capital city should not have an auction house. All it does is inconvenience players and actually add stress to the servers because everyone is popping back and forth from cities.

And the mail failing to load is certainly a Dalaran issue even if you seem to be experiencing it in other places. It only happens to me, and many others, in Dalaran.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Portal in SW/Org so... No need to hearth back, but dead nuts everything else.
    When I said "hearth" I pretty much just meant teleport back and sit through an agonizingly long loading screen.

I don't have any of the issues the OP states he has with Dalaran.

The main city/hub of the expansion can't have an AH. It's nice that the old cities continue to have a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I don't have any of the issues the OP states he has with Dalaran.

The main city/hub of the expansion can't have an AH. It's nice that the old cities continue to have a purpose.
    But honestly if that is the only purpose they have is it a real reason to continue to chain people to them? I mean they have no problem ditching just about everything else they create expansion to expansion so why not Org and SW?

Deleted
    Capital cities didn't have auction houses since Wrath for non-Engis
    fixed your wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

sit through an agonizingly long loading screen.
    get a pc that is NOT a toaster?

I haven't had any issues with the current Dalaran, nothing like what the OP is saying. Back in Wrath, then yes Dalaran was really laggy at times.

15+ Year Old Account
    You plebs need to step out of the archaic ages of mechanical drives and load WoW from an SSD. Loads in like 15 seconds as opposed to 2-3 minutes on an HDD.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    get a pc that is NOT a toaster?
    Yes. Yes I do.

WoD's capitals had auction houses and and auctioneers were added to Shattrath in Cataclysm. There is virtually no fucking reason an expansion's capital city should not have an auction house. All it does is inconvenience players and actually add stress to the servers because everyone is popping back and forth from cities.
    WoD "capitals" were your garrison. No ifs and buts about it. Everything in the game was the garrisons. You'd only go to Ashran for either AH, the Ashran PvP, or to take a portal to one of the vanilla capitals. About server stress, that's caused by too many people inside a given server, not people moving in and out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    fixed your wrong.
    Your mother must be proud of you. You take pride on meaningless technicalities, don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

While I agree that major hubs or expansion capitols should have amenities like AH's and trips to the faction capitols shouldn't be necessary, I've not noticed any real issues with lag or changes in load times when hearthing or porting back to Dalaran. You may want to run a system diagnostic or look at your add-on set-up if you're having that many problems in and around Dalaran.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I like dal, and I have no loading screens or trouble getting my mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by cwowtbang View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to be upgrading soon. Was talking tech with a friend. I had no idea it'd been so long since I got this computer. I'm still using Windows 7 on a dual core processor.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

WoD "capitals" were your garrison. No ifs and buts about it.
    No they weren't, lol. The Ashran cities were and they had all the real makings of actual capitals, with Auction Houses, important vendors and other majorly relevant points of interest.

About server stress, that's caused by too many people inside a given server, not people moving in and out.
    Nope. People zoning into and out of an area also causes server stress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    You may want to run a system diagnostic or look at your add-on set-up if you're having that many problems in and around Dalaran.
    The only add-on I play with is recount. Considering how many people have problems loading into Dalaran (to the point people get a freaking SSD just to load into Dalaran), I'm going to go out on a huuuUUUuuuuge limb and say it's probably not a problem on my end.