10+ Year Old Account
    Well well well. It's actually surprising that something like this has not turned up sooner given the recent divide: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...l-coming-back/

I obviously have no experience with the XFL, but from having watched McMahon run WWE, I'm not so sure this would actually turn into an actual money making success.

Given my usual struggles to watch bad football, I have a hard time believing I'd have much fun watching a D-league where the dredges of the NFL go to and where terrible football gets played.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL needs a real D-league, they've been without for awhile.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is something that keeps bugging me, i was listening to roethlisberger's interview and he said "they are the world champion" now this is what i dont get why does a team call themself world champion after winning either the stanleycup, superbowl or nba finals ?
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ce-misconduct/

I also believe he was an owner that initially was siding with Jerry Jones in preventing Goodell's contract extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    There is something that keeps bugging me, i was listening to roethlisberger's interview and he said "they are the world champion" now this is what i dont get why does a team call themself world champion after winning either the stanleycup, superbowl or nba finals ?
    I feel the same, at least with NBA and NHL two countries are represented with teams. Albeit it is still silly there, but the NFL has literally only one country of teams in it. Even so they still say World champions fairly often.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    PSA: Don't forget there's 2 games TOMORROW on Saturday.

4:30 ET Bears-Lions
    8:30 ET Chargers-Chiefs
    Oh both are nfl network. poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Deleted
    Just your typical American hubris.

No idea for the NHL or NBA since I have never followed either, but the NFL stuff might come from the championship game being named the AFL-NFL World Championship Game prior to being renamed to the Superbowl. Only reason I can think of that would make any sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who outside of the NFL is going to beat them? Who outside of the NBA is going to beat those champs? Who's going to beat the MLB champs? The best players in the world at those sports come here to play them.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

15+ Year Old Account
    But how does that explain them calling themself world champion :P they are just champions.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah they're universal champions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    PSA I already forgot... I guess I'll tune into see a what's going on after Logan ends.
    I may or may not have gotten distracted and forgotten these games were on myself >.>

At least I realized before the actual good game started.

- - - Updated - - -

I was feeling good about the Chargers coming into this game, but I just realized...it's the Chargers. They'll find a way to screw this up.

I think the Chiefs have this and will still limp into the playoffs as the division winner after winning tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

That was nearly a disaster for the Chiefs. Lucky break that they recover.

Tyreek is too fast for the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chiefs out in front by 10. Chargers already in a situation where they need to start scoring. They haven't been able to do much to stop the Chiefs, so they'll have to start scoring or this game will just get grinded out by the Chiefs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Tyreek is too fast for the NFL.
    He's easy to cover if you keep him in front of you. He's not really that advanced a route runner or savy with catching the ball. Trouble is that he's so freaking fast that he gets behind the defense really, really easily. And then he's just gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Chargers finally answer. Chiefs didn't really seem to have an answer this drive either. Chiefs have a chance to still answer back again before end of half though.

The Bears are ridiculous. They have some great players but J.H.C on a stick, watching them play out an entire game is atrocious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The Bears are ridiculous. They have some great players but J.H.C on a stick, watching them play out an entire game is atrocious.
    John Fox is likely gone. But, who in the world would want to take over coaching in Chicago that would be a marked improvement? Not that many quality coaching candidates out there.

- - - Updated - - -

OUch, ugly, ugly ball by Rivers. Momentum squarely with the Chiefs now.

Oh, apparently on his receiver. Still, ugly sequence.

- - - Updated - - -

That's bullshit. That should have been a TD for the Chiefs.

- - - Updated - - -

inb4 What's a catch.

15+ Year Old Account
    John Fox is likely gone. But, who in the world would want to take over coaching in Chicago that would be a marked improvement? Not that many quality coaching candidates out there.
    Anyone tbh. What is Fox bringing? He's not getting anything done and Bears have the talent to do well, better than the past 3 years at least. Look how quickly the Jags and Rams turned around with the right coach. Remember the Niners when Harbaugh took over?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Anyone tbh. What is Fox bringing? He's not getting anything done and Bears have the talent to do well, better than the past 3 years at least. Look how quickly the Jags and Rams turned around with the right coach. Remember the Niners when Harbaugh took over?
    Yeah, I just don;t see really anyone that would come to Chicago and be that difference maker, unless the Bears have a complete change of heart about what kind of coach they want and got for a young coach.

In other news, Rivers rivered, Chargers charged and it would highly surprise me if the Chiefs don't win this game after this.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, scratch that. Maybe if the Bears hired Jim Schwartz. He's familiar with the division a bit and would definitely turn that defense into a solid unit. Just the question of what would happen with the offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can take the Chargers outta the Diego, but not the choking outta the Chargers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just the question of what would happen with the offense.
    Remains to be seen if Trubisky ends up as one of those young QBs with a different coordinator every year.