How is the Force solely with the Skywalkers when Mace, Palpatine, Jinn the whole Jedi order, Maul, Dooku........
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    With JJ taking over the reins again with episode 9, I expect him to course correct big time.
    You seem to be ignoring the fact that JJ was exec producer on this one and has been heavily involved in the story for all 3 films.

If you're upset about the lack of info, don't worry, 100% guaranteed more info will be fleshed out about him in novels, wiki articles, comics and future films. It's just not important at this point in the story. Please remember this is the middle chapter, and just because he's dead doesn't mean more information won't be forthcoming in the universe as a whole.
    This is terrible and 100% reason to worry, though. You shouldn't have to read expanded universe material to understand the primary storyline. World of Warcraft has gone offtrack with that same kind of stuff, to the point that I'm a bigger WoW nerd than anyone else I know but I still have no god damn idea what's going on in WoW anymore because I don't read the books. Star Wars shouldn't go that route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    You seem to be ignoring the fact that JJ was exec producer on this one and has been heavily involved in the story for all 3 films.
    Not to mention The Force Awakens was dog shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post

Do we actually know how involved he was with the entire trilogy’s story before he decided to come back? Can’t find anything on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    This is terrible and 100% reason to worry, though. You shouldn't have to read expanded universe material to understand the primary storyline. World of Warcraft has gone offtrack with that same kind of stuff, to the point that I'm a bigger WoW nerd than anyone else I know but I still have no god damn idea what's going on in WoW anymore because I don't read the books. Star Wars shouldn't go that route.
    You don't need to read expanded universe material to understand Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Agree to disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Agree to disagree.
    Read his name before bothering to replay. (How he's not banned is beyond me. Just speaks to how shallow this forum's modding is. Sorry for the truth, mods.)
    Impeach the MF.

If Capt. Phasma is really dead then that's the biggest waste of a character....ever! Like In the first one she should have been to have the 'TRAITOR!' duel with Finn. No reason not to. How do you do that with an actress like gwendoline christie and her following from GoT and the character of Phasma and that awesome armour, I mean WTF?!?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Why are the review scores so low? It was way better than the Force Awakens, which was terrible.
    Which review scores? Reviewers generally loved both movies, and it appears most people liked both as well. Audience people who rate on IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes are mostly die-hard fans who are upset about A Certain Thing, which is why those are lower than you might expect. The CinemaScore was A, which is pretty darn good, so it appears at least American normies like it a lot.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-12-17 at 03:16 AM.

It might be the best one ever, could be my favorite ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Why not? SW was essentially that until the internet. How much was know about the Emperor when the original trilogy came out? He was just some shadowy dude who outranked Vader to the average viewer. It wasn't until MUCH later, even more if you only watch the films, that people came to know Sidious. Hell, Anakin's entire arch didn't come full circle until the Clone Wars cartoons.

I think making Snoke nobody of previous significance is fine. Why did he [I]need[/I] to be someone of prior significance? Why not just a leader who emerged after the Empire escaped and became the First Order?

Anyway, I liked the movie but I defin thought it was going to be more about the First Order taking over the Republic. Kylo fucking shit up. We got a story confined to a small area that kind of makes it seem like the First Order was still in the backwoods of the galaxy. My only BS moments were Poe surviving the beginning and Finn surviving until the end - Leia gets a pass. The escape sequences from Snoke's ship were obviously cut (movie was supposedly 3-4 hours but they obviously had to cut a lot out). I don't like how Rey seemingly rebounded from the dark side so fast or Kylo embracing the dark so quickly, maybe both are still conflicted? Caring about the fate of Kylo is dead to me. He is just another villain to me now, a conflicted one, but just another one nonetheless. Great fighter but they can't turn him into Vader in one movie.

Setup for the next movie:

The Rebellion is reborn, seeded by someone/something related to Phoenix squad. A sign of new force users emerge if not part of the main plot. We find out there is a conspiracy behind the current conflict (remember the ship that Finn and them escaped on, unless that was just part of the ruse). Hux gets the entire First Order wiped out through his arrogance. A government with no ties to the old Republic is born.

Things we learned:

The Rebellion is down to the amount of people that can fit on the Falcon and maybe some 10 year olds
    The First Order has badass toys but are just a bunch of rich kids at the end of the day
    The Jedi are really really bad at dealing with powerful Force-sensitives
    Light whips exist
    Move aside Rey, Finn has a new girlfriend
    Chewie is a step father
    Princess Leia is gahdamn immortal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    It might be the best one ever, could be my favorite ever.
    I think its the most fun to watch. Has the best replay value of all of them. Only above TPM when it comes to advancing the story though :/

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The good thing about SW is that it has its fans and then it has the legion of those that just try to shit on it because something something reasons..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    Read his name before bothering to replay. (How he's not banned is beyond me. Just speaks to how shallow this forum's modding is. Sorry for the truth, mods.)
    The hypocrisy of calling this forum shallow as you call for me to be banned just because you disagree with me. That's about as low as shallow gets.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Why not? SW was essentially that until the internet. How much was know about the Emperor when the original trilogy came out? He was just some shadowy dude who outranked Vader to the average viewer. It wasn't until MUCH later, even more if you only watch the films, that people came to know Sidious. Hell, Anakin's entire arch didn't come full circle until the Clone Wars cartoons.

I think making Snoke nobody of previous significance is fine. Why did he [I]need[/I] to be someone of prior significance? Why not just a leader who emerged after the Empire escaped and became the First Order?

Anyway, I liked the movie but I defin thought it was going to be more about the First Order taking over the Republic. Kylo fucking shit up. We got a story confined to a small area that kind of makes it seem like the First Order was still in the backwoods of the galaxy. My only BS moments were Poe surviving the beginning and Finn surviving until the end - Leia gets a pass. The escape sequences from Snoke's ship were obviously cut (movie was supposedly 3-4 hours but they obviously had to cut a lot out). I don't like how Rey seemingly rebounded from the dark side so fast or Kylo embracing the dark so quickly, maybe both are still conflicted? Caring about the fate of Kylo is dead to me. He is just another villain to me now, a conflicted one, but just another one nonetheless. Great fighter but they can't turn him into Vader in one movie.

Setup for the next movie:

The Rebellion is reborn, seeded by someone/something related to Phoenix squad. A sign of new force users emerge if not part of the main plot. We find out there is a conspiracy behind the current conflict (remember the ship that Finn and them escaped on, unless that was just part of the ruse). Hux gets the entire First Order wiped out through his arrogance. A government with no ties to the old Republic is born.

Things we learned:

The Rebellion is down to the amount of people that can fit on the Falcon and maybe some 10 year olds
    The First Order has badass toys but are just a bunch of rich kids at the end of the day
    The Jedi are really really bad at dealing with powerful Force-sensitives
    Light whips exist
    Move aside Rey, Finn has a new girlfriend
    Chewie is a step father
    Princess Leia is gahdamn immortal

- - - Updated - - -

I think its the most fun to watch. Has the best replay value of all of them. Only above TPM when it comes to advancing the story though :/
    I haven't posted here in this thread. I have some comments / questions that really irk me.

1. The snoke / rey family questions can be answered with this question. Why in the holy hell did disney keep with Luca's insane "story" gaps? Its how we ended up with the prequels. I understand. I get it. Mark Hamil and the rest of them are old as shit. Shoot the movies, hold them off, build up the Snoke story line with an actual "villian" type movie to show how he came to power. Introduce the other characters with that. Introduce where Finn came from, where Poe originated. You wouldnt have these questions.

As to your first point. Snoke isn't of insignificance. He was powerful enough to take over the whole damned galaxy. There is nothing insignificant about that. They snuffed him out like he was an afterthought. I know its about the "new" generation (Kylo / Ren), but i doubt they even carry over that to anything at all. IX will wrap up this whole thing and it will be done. They could have made him someone a "tad" more powerful than Kylo. They made him seem like so much more.

2. The Leia superman moment was one of the most CRINGE moments I have ever seen in any moment to date. It was god awful. They should have let her go right there. Re-shot the rest of the movie. Edit / cut the rest of the scenes out. It really wants me to not want to watch the last movie. It was that bad. Now they have have to go and write her out of the 9th movie. I just dont get it the line of thinking at all

Basically you could cut out Finn and Poe's entire characters and storylines from this movie and no outcomes would change, except more Resistance would still be alive and probably Luke as well. Like an hour plus some devoted to these screwups, ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Why are the review scores so low? It was way better than the Force Awakens, which was terrible.
    because it wasn't in fact better? it was shit, riddled with plot holes, nonsense and slapstick humor... typical Disney bullshit cranked to 11... if I had to place it anywhere it would be right at the bottom with Episode 1... that's how much I "enjoyed" it... except at least Episode 1 had some really nice battle scenes, cool pod racing and pretty good world building... this had shit...

it had all of 2 redeeming qualities. The acting and the music... other than that it was absolutely disgusting to watch...

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    because it wasn't in fact better? it was shit, riddled with plot holes, nonsense and slapstick humor... typical Disney bullshit cranked to 11... if I had to place it anywhere it would be right at the bottom with Episode 1... that's how much I "enjoyed" it... except at least Episode 1 had some really nice battle scenes, cool pod racing and pretty good world building... this had shit...

it had all of 2 redeeming qualities. The acting and the music... other than that it was absolutely disgusting to watch...
    That's your opinion. The fact is , is that the loudest voices are always heard. Some of you take this shit waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too serious. Its really no different than people who take gaming way too serious. Serious enough to go bash games or jump on the bandwagon in steam reviews.

Yea the movie had some parts that were head scratching, but overall , it was a decent movie. The slapstick humor was great. The whole theatre was laughing. You have to be miserable as all hell to not laugh at some of the jokes.

The-Shan,

It had great critic reviews. You know, the people who actually review movies for a living. The "bad reviews" you are seeing are the people with ungodly expectations for a movie that let down the people with said unreal expectations.
    Last edited by Tonkaden; 2017-12-17 at 04:38 AM.

I loved it. I think the differents from TFA stem entirely from a change in directors and writers. I think what JJ had in mind with... well pretty much everybody, was considerably different.

Snoke? Snoke never made any sense. Even as a 'plot device' he never did. Halfhearted Emperor clone. How the First order, spawned from the Imperial Navy's remnant in the unknown region, got a very, very old Force user as it's "Supreme Commander" is a pretty important part of the story that should be answered. Getting rid of him now, is fine (in fact, he never should have been in TFA either, just have the First Order be a diumverate of Hux and Ren). But how this powerful dark side of the force user got there is an important question.

I'm fine with Luke dying. It was a good death. Wish the fight with Ren was a bit more substantial to show the extend of his Force powers now (like telekenetically dismantling all the walkers). But it was a good end. I don't think this is remotely the end. I think he's going into the Force to fight there. Rey will fight Ren to bring balance in the galaxy, but Luke will do it "on the other side" to end this cycle.

One thought I've had for some time is that the Force, light and dark is essentially a resource that is distributed roughly evenly among it's users. The Sith were so powerful because as there were just two of them, they powers of the dark side were divided two ways. The Republic-era Jedi were comparatively weak, because there were like ten thousand of them. And now, decades after ANH, with Luke pretty much being the only trained light-side for users who can do things more than move small objects, he can do things like project himself across interstellar space and create matter.

Now this idea, with respect to the ending and Rey's parantage, I love. The Force is basically wild now. It "awakened" in TFA, and kids are using it, and Rey is using it... and who knows who else is using it. After centuries of regular "tapping" as a resource by the Republic-era Jedi and the Sith, and decades of mostly idleness after the end of the empire, it's back and ready to be drawn on by anyone who is force sensitive.

What I'd like to see in Episode IX is
    -A time Jump of 7-10 years.
    -Hux mostly running the First Order (now 'the Empire') day to day.
    -'The Empire' barely has a lid on things. They control space, but on planets, they're more like a Marauding army that people just get of the way of. It's an 'Empire in name only' really. Restarting it on paper turned out to be much harder than doing it.
    -Kylo Ren mostly sequestered trying to obtain mastery of the dark side comparable to Luke Skywalker's master of the light, which was able to defeat him without even being there.
    -Kylon Ren is constantly haunted by Skywalker's force ghost, who reminds him of all he's thrown away and how weak he is.
    -Ren becomes something like a hermit in seeking his mastery.
    -Force users are going wild across the galaxy. Untrained and without either the Sith or Jedi, it's used, respected and sometimes abused.
    -Poe leads the Rebellion.
    -Finn makes his cause turning the slave Stormtroopers that make up the backbone of the First Order, against it.
    -Rey, through the Jedi texts and innovations of her own, has become powerful.
    -Leia passes away in the intervening years after training Rey (not shown) as Jedi. All we get is a letter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    I haven't posted here in this thread. I have some comments / questions that really irk me.

1. The snoke / rey family questions can be answered with this question. Why in the holy hell did disney keep with Luca's insane "story" gaps? Its how we ended up with the prequels. I understand. I get it. Mark Hamil and the rest of them are old as shit. Shoot the movies, hold them off, build up the Snoke story line with an actual "villian" type movie to show how he came to power. Introduce the other characters with that. Introduce where Finn came from, where Poe originated. You wouldnt have these questions.

As to your first point. Snoke isn't of insignificance. He was powerful enough to take over the whole damned galaxy. There is nothing insignificant about that. They snuffed him out like he was an afterthought. I know its about the "new" generation (Kylo / Ren), but i doubt they even carry over that to anything at all. IX will wrap up this whole thing and it will be done. They could have made him someone a "tad" more powerful than Kylo. They made him seem like so much more.

2. The Leia superman moment was one of the most CRINGE moments I have ever seen in any moment to date. It was god awful. They should have let her go right there. Re-shot the rest of the movie. Edit / cut the rest of the scenes out. It really wants me to not want to watch the last movie. It was that bad. Now they have have to go and write her out of the 9th movie. I just dont get it the line of thinking at all
    i dont mean to quote your entire post but this is related to Snoke. He JUST became top dog in the galaxy as of this movie/end of Force Awakens. Before that the First Order was just terrorizing places no one cared about. Which means he could quite simply just be someone who escaped with the remnants of the Empire 30 years prior (i think thats the gap period). The Empire got its hands on some sort of super advanced medical tech explained (not sure if its in the books but its in Battlefront), which would explain why he looks like crap

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post

Dont know what your talking about. What plot holes? You mean the same humor TFA had? Your saying the battle scenes in this movie were not exciting? Go away dude you need to elaborate on this movies faults instead of saying plothole this and that. Maybe you just didnt understand what the film was doing which alot of people complaining im seeing by their explanations they just didnt understand what was going on.