Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It is stupid to eat anything with your hands. Utensils, Plates, Bowls and other kitchenware were invented to IMPROVE the way people eat. Not destroy what people liked about what they ate.
    Improved in your opinion. It is not an improvement for those who prefer to eat with their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It is stupid to eat anything with your hands. Utensils, Plates, Bowls and other kitchenware were invented to IMPROVE the way people eat. Not destroy what people liked about what they ate.
    BBQ ribs called, they'd like me to tell you to piss off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    i agree transmog breaks the game

dual spec doesn't. When it was released, it was welcomed by EVERYONE.
    You're not getting the point at all.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

It's pretty annoying that the smallest features means you're a retail scrub. Is there any room for a nuanced view of the issues?

aoe looting won't break the game
    dual spec won't break the game

I MEAN DO YOU EXPECT BLIZZARD TECHS TO START DOING LOOT ERROR TICKETS MANUALLY AGAIN? I GUARANTEE THEY'LL ADD THE 2 HOUR LOOT TRADING WINDOW. JUST SAYIN
    People that have played this game for any length of time understand that it's probably the most definitive long term example of 'slippery slope appeasement for the benefit of complaining players' to ever grace the video game industry.

So yes, really. Go play retail.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Just get your pure Vanilla and realize it's actually shit - and be done with it. THEN Blizzard caves in and creates Classic+.
    A lot of people who asked for vanilla *actually* play on vanilla servers right now, and have been for a long time. I don't think anything will change once they play on official vanilla servers.

Personally, I've been playing on BC servers for a while now, specially for the PvP (the game has been trash since then pvp-wise, that's my subjective opinion), and hope they'll eventually add BC servers as well.

Let me engage magic 8 ball mode to state what's going to happen here:

Blizzard absolutely will make tweaks to classic beyond just bug fixes, because they'll find it irresistible to keep their fingers out of the proverbial pie. Expect to see updated models, bag sizes, flight points, UI modernization, loot adjusted in minor ways, quest markers, etc.

Purists will rightfully say 'fuck this' and abandon ship. Non-purists take this opportunity to say "See? You were never going to play classic anyhow", and the entire terribly flawed exercise will be deemed a failure. Hundreds of forum pages will then be dedicated to arguing about what would have happened if Blizzard had actually delivered a true classic experience.

Feel free to bookmark this and mock me mercilessly if I wind up being incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam-OC View Post
    Except for the people who played multiple specs for their raid groups, for which they got to hike it back to a major city to change specs. There was no "spec identity" as anyone could change specs for gold.
    Sweet, thanks for looking at it from only the perspective of a raider.

I'm probably not going to go out of my way to do anything on a classic server EXCEPT if there is an overly long content drought on retail. However, it makes sense to me for Blizzard to look back at their records and do things like hotfixes, patches, content patches etc using the same time frame that that were originally done. So you're gonna get all the disconnected flight points, separate auction houses, bugged bosses, add on limitiations etc etc from the start, then slowly get updates rolled out.

I'd even release it (along with fixes and patches) on the exact same day(s) and times to really enhance the event. And let everything happen from there.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Clearly we need another 100 threads to argue about which changes are ok for Classic even though Blizz has already gone on record with "Vanilla is Vanilla" and no changes are going to be made.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    Sweet, thanks for looking at it from only the perspective of a raider.
    No actually I was looking at it from the perspective of "spec identity". Whether the player raids, focuses on dungeons, or PVP's, it was possible to change spec for gold.
    You come from the greatest country in the world. Act like it.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    no but let me ask you this. whose little change gets to get added to the game
    one guy wants aoe looting
    another wants transmog.
    another wants dual spec
    another wants leveling revamped.
    another wants guild banks

do you see the issue?
    Welcome to game design. Blizzard will have it's scope decided and make any changes or they need to achieve it. Again, simply adding in a QoL feature that has little to no downsides (say AoE looting) doesn't suddenly make it retail.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Welcome to game design. Blizzard will have it's scope decided and make any changes or they need to achieve it. Again, simply adding in a QoL feature that has little to no downsides (say AoE looting) doesn't suddenly make it retail.
    It isn’t that “suddenly adding in AoE looting makes it retail.” It’s “adding in AoE looting makes it Not Classic.”

Original beta or bust then
    Oh you call the shots at Blizzard now?

You get what ya get, I am sure it's top priority, just like our new dances that come with the dance studio.

-Edit, helps if you reply to the right post (derp)
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    So then what about transmog?

How about class changes?

How about X, Y, or Z?

Get the point?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post
    Dual spec breaks spec identity. That's not Classic.

No it doesn't, that's utter BS. As an example, in Vanilla you had to switch between Frost and Fire on mage thanks to boss resistances. There wasn't identity. You went with what was best for the situation, sometimes even cashing in points in two specs for hybrid builds.

The only aspects that defined identity were CCs and whatever RP spells were exclusive to the class (e.g. pickpocket, portals, closet, etc)
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-12-17 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Your unchanged vanilla experience CANNOT exist. There is no way because there will always be some degree of change.
    I think you don't understand what vanilla purists mean with 'unchanged'.

Bringing Vanilla online will require changes. B.net integration. Modifying\adapting the old client to work on the new hardware, on the new platforms. Bug fixing the shit out of everything that will pop up.

What we want UNCHANGED is the game itself, hoping they won't IMPLEMENT NEW FEATURES, or change core ones.

Example :

Having the realm appear on the current client (English \ German \ French \ Russian \ Spanish \ CLASSIC) is a change from vanilla having its own client. Irrelevant, no impact on the game whatsoever.

Changing specs, adding flying, dual specs, skills not having ranks, reducing skill trainer costs, shamans on alliance, paladins on horde, transmog, etc. Those IMPACT gameplay and we'll be vocal about not having them anywhere near the game.

Please understand the difference and don't act like vanilla purists are mindless zealots.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2017-12-17 at 06:30 AM.

It doesnt seem like a classic WoW either, no?

"go play retail then" is getting old

No it isn't! If you keep posting threads where you ask for changes to the original WoW just to demonstrate how much of a wanker and/or special snowflake you are, you are going to hear it from one of us who played this game since the early days.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Again, I'm not defending anything. If anything I'm just playing devil's advocate. I never said the changes were important either. You are making things up in order to have an argument against me. Why? lol. That is what I don't understand. Why is it so difficult to have an honest discussion here?

After years of wanting vanilla servers, I would have imagined you people to be more open to making it the best version of itself it possibly could be. After all, if people don't play it it won't last right? So I guess my real question here is what is more important to you: making classic servers the best or having the exact version you want and to hell with everybody else? Also I understand the word retailer, you misread what I said.

Stop trying to dissect my posts in an attempt to debunk it part by part. I don't care of it stays exactly the same as 1.12 or it becomes this weird vanilla+ hybrid between old and new. Never have. I have just been trying to have a decent conversation, but most the people that reply to me seem to have some foam around their mouth and only see a buzzword instead of what I am actually saying.
    You proceeded to pick fault with my logic with a poor argument and then saying that I should not dissect your posts to debunk them.
    So it is fine only when you do something, but not someone else.

You asked about the logic behind the term retailer, if you didn't want someone's views, why even ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    Because threads like this could potentially threaten the Classic WoW experience when they turn into an echo chamber.

You seem angry. Take a deep breath.
    You have your echo chamber, let other people have theirs.

I'm not threatening the classic WoW experience any more than you are. If we can't all give input then they won't make the game that most people want, and they shouldn't cater to the 10,000 people who want X version of classic if there's a later patch that 100,000 people want.