Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who else cheesed Agatha?

So I've completed Agatha twice now. Once with my unholy DK and once with my fury Warrior.

The DK was a bit of a pain but I managed to chug through with a 4-piece LFR set and just crushing burst damage. Not even with the shoulders that empower your army and gargoyle/arbiter, but fast ticking diseases and BOOM!

My warrior though - even having better gear and I believe a few of the T2 crucible traits unlocked (it's been a few weeks) just couldn't push the deeps. I'd swap around talents and change trinkets and gear but it just didn't want to push. I'd try saving Battlecry with Odyn's for when the umbrals would spawn and nothing seemed to really work.

Then I read you can use the potion of demonslaying. What's more is that particular potion doesn't count against any of your other potions - if I remember right. So you could have it, food, flask and pre-pot all up at the same time. It still took a bit for everything to line up properly but the potion was my #2 damage source (it is absurdly good) and I finally got the ugliest transmog skin in the game.

The trick only works on Agatha - sorry tanks, I wish it worked for Kruul too.

Anyone else push your tower with this method?

You also get command center buffs if they're up together and Spiced Falcosaur Omelette works... the agatha one is so easy to cheese.

Deleted
    Yeah I did it with command center buffs on my warrior and DK when it came out, haven't bothered with any of them for a long ass time though.

Friend had the help of command center buffs when I watched him beat it on his feral druid

I managed to not cheese it, but I was overgeared on my Outlaw rogue at that point.

Really not a mechanically intense fight in the least, good to know about the others though

10+ Year Old Account
    She's pretty easy just bring any pokemon with psychic to one shot her whole team.

Wasn't too bad as Fire.

When you say command center buffs, you mean procs like the 50% increased damage bubble and helpful NPCs? does that seriously work in there?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. The best is when you get the meteor storm procs just when imps spawn.
    I needed maybe 20 tries, usually I was crushed by a boulder when her HP went down and I switched to tunneling her. Army + Apocalypse + Valkyr + Shoulders = burst AF

It was easy as unholy, fury is a pain in the ass though

Deleted
    It was quite easy as feral druid in 940 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    When you say command center buffs, you mean procs like the 50% increased damage bubble and helpful NPCs? does that seriously work in there?
    Last time I tried her, yes.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Last time I tried her, yes.
    Damn now I feel stupid. Does this work in any of the other challenges?

Deleted
    Damn, has this been patched already?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Damn now I feel stupid. Does this work in any of the other challenges?
    Not sure, but the reason it works on Agatha is because even though you are in an instanced version of the cave it does still technically counts you as being on the broken isles.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2017-12-17 at 03:22 PM.

For fury warrior, if you take War Machine (grants 30% haste and move speed on a kill) along with Spiced Falcosaur Omelette (haste + move speed on a kill) you will be an unstoppable permanently lusted super beast and Agatha will be crushed. Kill the umbral imps without using battle cry / odyn's fury, then when Agatha is taking damage, blow all that shit on the rest of the imps plus her. Always kill all the imps, keep the haste buff up, just go crazy.

I will grant you that this is easier (to the point of being a complete pushover) as Unholy or Feral. I did it on both those toons with the worst gear, 1 legendary on the DK, no legendaries on the Feral, ~900 ilvl, the imps just melted without even targeting them. Fury you have to switch targets a bit and do it properly.
    Last edited by Spazlord; 2017-12-17 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    i dint use any of that and did it on my uh dk in 6tries (was even easier then ww challenge) but then again i had the legendary ring that gives you a exta talent so my natural cleave took care of imps anyway.

Sylvan elixir works, too.

Nope, I found that one to be fairly easy compared to the others. Might've been due to feral aoe burst though.

No cheese here, just rinse and repeat back at ilvl 900.

Would be nice if I could go back and re-try it, just to see how much easier it is now, along with the added cheese. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Roguezs View Post
    It was quite easy as feral druid in 940 gear.
    As near as I can tell classes with bleeds and dots do/did better than a warrior irrespective of item level.

Mostly because of the umbral imps teleporting around. Warrior you have to front load a lot of damage on them, but if you're a feral or unholy or fire mage you can get your DoT rolling on them and it's typically enough to wipe them out in short order.

In general though Fury just feels a lot better when you can tunnel a foe and you just don't have as wide an AoE burst potential. Odyn + battle cry is fantastic but it just pales compared to rampage + cry + raging blow + rampage + bloodthirst + raging blow crushing down on a single target.

Whereas on an Unholy you just fester both your empowering imps and agatha then drop D&D and hit scourge strike and everything just melts.