Definitely think 7.3.5 will be out on the 16th of January.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Definitely think 7.3.5 will be out on the 16th of January.
    My thoughts point towards mid-Jan too. They've been pretty damn active with releasing new things, hell we're getting expansions sooner and left with fewer raids an expansion because of how quickly they fly through development. I remember that period during Legion where a lot of us were quite surprised by how quickly they were churning out content for us, it was a different pace than what it was in past expansions.

That's why I have a bit of faith riding behind 7.3.5 releasing sooner. Do I think those 4 allied races will be available on 7.3.5 launch? Probably not, I'd wager a couple weeks after it goes live we'll be seeing a pre-order announcement. They can just as easily do an in-house test and QA for the races and their racials and adjust them during the week of them going live if need be, I don't see those being tested on the PTR.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2017-12-17 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    My thoughts point towards mid-Jan too. They've been pretty damn active with releasing new things, hell we're getting expansions sooner and left with fewer raids an expansion because of how quickly they fly through development. I remember that period during Legion where a lot of us were quite surprised by how quickly they were churning out content for us, it was a different pace than what it was in past expansions.

That's why I have a bit of faith riding behind 7.3.5 releasing sooner. Do I think those 4 allied races will be available on 7.3.5 launch? Probably not, I'd wager a couple weeks after it goes live we'll be seeing a pre-order announcement. They can just as easily do an in-house test and QA for the races and their racials and adjust them during the week of them going live if need be, I don't see those being tested on the PTR.
    One thing i disliked about the demon hunter pre order bonus is it was so close to launch it felt rather wierd even having it. I know the races won't be out for 7.3.5 launch, but i hope atleast they'll be out for more than 2 weeks before BFA's launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    One thing i disliked about the demon hunter pre order bonus is it was so close to launch it felt rather wierd even having it. I know the races won't be out for 7.3.5 launch, but i hope atleast they'll be out for more than 2 weeks before BFA's launch.
    The reason why I think they won't be too far from 7.3.5's release is that a small amount of players really care to level new characters these days from 1-110, adding a patch that changes up old-world levelling is great and all but it needs more before I'd feel the incentive to actually go through that process for the 50th time. New races would definitely make it worth my while and sadly I've wanted to level a new character but I can't help but feel like I have to wait for the new races.

It would make zero sense to release them so close to the expansion release too, given that it would be contending with the expansion content, giving the sense that you'd have to choose and split your time up between two things you really want to do. It's bad design.

The reason why I think they won't be too far from 7.3.5's release is that a small amount of players really care to level new characters these days from 1-110, adding a patch that changes up old-world levelling is great and all but it needs more before I'd feel the incentive to actually go through that process for the 50th time. New races would definitely make it worth my while and sadly I've wanted to level a new character but I can't help but feel like I have to wait for the new races.

It would make zero sense to release them so close to the expansion release too, given that it would be contending with the expansion content, giving the sense that you'd have to choose and split your time up between two things you really want to do. It's bad design.
    I could see it as being a mini-content patch with the new races/silithus/scaling etc.

Allied races will be out during legion. Not during pre-patch.

I dunno how can anyone not see that.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

Because they are a big selling point of BfA, and being able to do the same raid they have been doing for months; but as a blue elf with slightly longer ears this time isn't going to keep a bored person subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

eh... why do you think they unlock the heritage armour at 110 instead of 120?

Really makes you think.

Hmmm...

7+ Year Old Account
    the first 4 allied races will definitely be added during legion as a BfA pre purchase bonus.

why else would they add legion rep/story requirements?
    even the heritage armor is unlocked once you reach lvl 110, not 120.

Formerly known as Arafal

Why would they release the leveling revamp if not for the Allied Races?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Because they are a big selling point of BfA, and being able to do the same raid they have been doing for months; but as a blue elf with slightly longer ears this time isn't going to keep a raider subbed.
    FTFY

casual players that love cosmetics and looks (aka, the majority) and especially rpers will have quite a bit of fun with them.

Formerly known as Arafal

Because they are a big selling point of BfA, and being able to do the same raid they have been doing for months; but as a blue elf with slightly longer ears this time isn't going to keep a bored person subbed.
    Lol you can't speak for everyone.

Allied races are the main reason i'm going to stay subbed during the content drought.

Homophobia is so gay.

Said bored person leveling a new character from scratch would keep them subbed at least for that duration, though.

Pretty sure it will go live after/the same week the last lfr wing opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Said bored person leveling a new character from scratch would keep them subbed at least for that duration, though.
    What kind of time are we talking about? Do you think the allied races would keep you for more than, say, 6 weeks? (Not saying 6 weeks is nothing, that's certainly more than zero, but just for perspective... Because the drought is likely something around 9 months.)

Don't forget anything like artifact skins they might want to get before they can't anymore.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What kind of time are we talking about? Do you think the allied races would keep you for more than, say, 6 weeks? (Not saying 6 weeks is nothing, that's certainly more than zero, but just for perspective... Because the drought is likely something around 9 months.)
    Have you learned nothing of their development time this past expansion? They've been pretty quick with their content delivery so far, they've managed to keep it going over the course of this expansion. If you think we're going to be in a drought right up until Q3/4, you're a bit silly. The pace with which they've kept this expansion has been nothing like the past expansions.

That alone gives me some confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Well, 9 months with something to level is better than 9 months than something without. Not saying that it is anything closely resembling perfect, but it might be better than nothing

Have you learned nothing of their development time this past expansion? They've been pretty quick with their content delivery so far, they've managed to keep it going over the course of this expansion. If you think we're going to be in a drought right up until Q3/4, you're a bit silly. The pace with which they've kept this expansion has been nothing like the past expansions.

I just hope we get a conspiracy event similar to the WOTLK pre event. Like random NPC's exchanging money in the dalaran sewers, mysterious shipments showing up in Darnassus, etc. Similar to the crate stuff. Man I loved it when we saw the crates in booty bay and wondered what they were.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

What is there to learn? They delivered patches regularly, but split content between them and did record amounts of timegating. I fail to see how that's impressive.

But that's besides the point, I repeat, what is there to learn? You are talking about timing for post-release patches. This is completely irrelevant to the development of an expansion, these are completely different processes. There is a pretty good chance the expansion *will* come in Q3/Q4.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, 9 months with something to level is better than 9 months than something without. Not saying that it is anything closely resembling perfect, but it might be better than nothing
    I think I said the same, but you didn't answer what kind of time you think the allied races will keep you occupied for.