Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Allied races are intended to be lesser. They all borrow heavily from existing races, and ogres should therefore be a main race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Room V View Post
    More believable than Horde Nightborne...
    Well no that makes perfect sense.

On topic

He this. If we George in want them to be impeiral orges

How about no? Ogres would look dumb as heck.

Quote Originally Posted by Caaethil View Post
    Allied races are intended to be lesser. They all borrow heavily from existing races, and ogres should therefore be a main race.
    I wouldn't call Zandalari lesser.
    And as said many times, Ogres had 3 chances of being a main race and devs effed it up. This is the next and likely only chance.

Quote Originally Posted by bottled View Post
    How about no? Ogres would look dumb as heck.
    And undead are dead, what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    And as said many times, Ogres had 3 chances of being a main race and devs effed it up. This is the next and likely only chance.

And undead are dead, what's your point?
    Undead don't look like fat goofy meat heads that would look terrible in existing armor. That's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by bottled View Post
    Undead don't look like fat goofy meat heads that would look terrible in existing armor. That's my point.
    That's purely subjective.
    I see no reason why ogres would look bad in old armors.

They use nelf animations, so they are.

That is their NPC versions in ToT and the devs have already confirmed they are making new sets of animations for each race as they become playable.
    Do not judge allied races by their current in-game NPCs. The nightborne on the PTR are clearly completely distinct models from the current live versions.

Allied Races =/= Subraces
    This has been said as well, otherwise they would have been called sub-races or racial variants. They are full fledged races in their own right.
    The only difference is lack of a dedicated starting zone, something that eats tons of dev time for little reward.
    Thanks to their new animation re-targeting system they can work much faster than they used to and be much more flexible in what they are going to offer us as playable races. Allegedly anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    That is their NPC versions in ToT and the devs have already confirmed they are making new sets of animations for each race as they become playable.
    Do not judge allied races by their current in-game NPCs. The nightborne on the PTR are clearly completely distinct models from the current live versions.

Allied Races =/= Subraces
    This has been said as well, otherwise they would have been called sub-races or racial variants. They are full fledged races in their own right.
    The only difference is lack of a dedicated starting zone, something that eats tons of dev time for little reward.
    Thanks to their new animation re-targeting system they can work much faster than they used to and be much more flexible in what they are going to offer us as playable races. Allegedly anyway.
    The nightborne on the PTR also use night elf animations, I'm not sure what your point is. I'm going to need a source on the claim that every allied race will have an entire set of new animations - how exactly is that supposed to work for highmountain/lightforged?

The nightborne on the PTR also use night elf animations, I'm not sure what your point is. I'm going to need a source on the claim that every allied race will have an entire set of new animations - how exactly is that supposed to work for highmountain/lightforged?
    They just yesterday patched in new high mountain tauren options and the current nightborne model sometimes glitches out and turns into a warped tauren mesh with nightborne textures. do you honestly believe the allied races, as they are now on PTR are finalised?
    Blizzard have said so at Blizzcon and several times in interviews. Gimme a moment, I'll try digging one up for you.

FinalbossTV's interview. http://finalboss.tv/main/2017/11/5/b...iew-transcript
    "They will get full character kits"
    "The ones playable on the floor are incomplete."

Obviously HM Tauren and LF Dreanai will share some animations because their anatomy is close to identical so likely to have similar/close-to-identical/identical walk cycles but they should have distinct dance animations for example.
    Last edited by MrDragon; 2017-12-15 at 08:23 AM.

OT: It would be cool if the ogres' heritage armor had a Spartan-like look to it.

Except Nightborne are still technically night elves. And Highmountain Tauren are still tauren and light-forged draenei are still draenei.

Zandalari trolls aren't normal trolls, however. They're prime trolls, and not lesser ones.

Only the latter are technically a "new race".
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2017-12-15 at 07:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    OT: It would be cool if the ogres' heritage armor had a Spartan-like look to it.
    or the roman style set the gorian ogres have in WoD, like the ones we see in the gladiators warriors, those sets are fucking awesome

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    They just yesterday patched in new high mountain tauren options and the current nightborne model sometimes glitches out and turns into a warped tauren mesh with nightborne textures. do you honestly believe the allied races, as they are now on PTR are finalised?
    Blizzard have said so at Blizzcon and several times in interviews. Gimme a moment, I'll try digging one up for you.

FinalbossTV's interview. http://finalboss.tv/main/2017/11/5/b...iew-transcript
    "They will get full character kits"
    "The ones playable on the floor are incomplete."

Obviously HM Tauren and LF Dreanai will share some animations because their anatomy is close to identical so likely to have similar/close-to-identical/identical walk cycles but they should have distinct dance animations for example.
    None of those quotes explicitly say anything even close to what you said about them getting a full set of new animations. And you've even gone back on that, because apparently now it's only going to be some of them.

Except Nightborne are still technically night elves. And Highmountain Tauren are still tauren and light-forged draenei are still draenei.

Zandalari trolls aren't normal trolls, however. They're prime trolls, and not lesser ones.

Only the latter are technically a "new race".
    This is so confusing. Lightforged are still draenei, yes. Highmountain are still tauren, yes. But Zandalari aren't normal trolls, you say. That's very specific wording. So what you're saying is that they're still trolls, just like the other Allied Races. But then you say they're an entirely new race.

They have night elf animations and we simply don't know if that's changing yet.
    Last edited by Caaethil; 2017-12-15 at 10:34 PM.

This is so confusing. Lightforged are still draenei, yes. Highmountain are still tauren, yes. But Zandalari aren't normal trolls, you say. That's very specific wording. So what you're saying is that they're still trolls, just like the other Allied Races. But then you say they're an entirely new race.

They have night elf animations and we simply don't know if that's changing yet.
    Zandalari are the PRIME trolls, they didn't go the 4 corners of the world and their civilization didn't devolve, nor did their people as result, the males aren't as hunched over.
    So yes, they're still trolls, but they're not Darkspear, Farraki, Amani, Gurubashi or Drakkari, who share the same body, just different skin.

Also, I checked the model animation, and there's some animations that are nightelve-like, but some of them a more troll like and some even unique I think.

Well, we don't know that yet, but current animation system is unified. Most probably they will use mix of animations from different races + some new.

Zandalari are the PRIME trolls, they didn't go the 4 corners of the world and their civilization didn't devolve, nor did their people as result, the males aren't as hunched over.
    So yes, they're still trolls, but they're not Darkspear, Farraki, Amani, Gurubashi or Drakkari, who share the same body, just different skin.

Also, I checked the model animation, and there's some animations that are nightelve-like, but some of them a more troll like and some even unique I think.
    Don't suppose you can show me those?

That's not passive-aggressive or doubting or anything. I've only seen night elf animations and I genuinely want to see if they're any different.

Deleted
    Just give male ogres tits (wonder how many pairs they have?) and pouty lips and there we go. Would love to play as an ogre.

Don't suppose you can show me those?

That's not passive-aggressive or doubting or anything. I've only seen night elf animations and I genuinely want to see if they're any different.
    Go to Wowhead and check the night elven models and zandalari models.

Exmpl: The sprint animation may look the same, but Zandalari looks more solid, not as wiggly as night elven.
    Lay animation is the same as trolls.

I think you need to ask yourself WHY are ogres on Azeroth today dumb when back in the day they had the most powerful empire on Draenor?

I think it all comes down to "nobody taught them better". How will a person be smart when he's not taught by anybody?
    Why teach them when they're best serving as menial labour? You can't teach 90% muscle and 3 brain cells that much mate.