Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    The only way WoW 2 will be a success is if it eliminates all the elves and spikes in requirements to even perform functions outside of Cities, like staying alive in Everquest or Runescape.

It's women who ruined the game, not necessarily because they're instigators of disorder and destroyers of male cooperation, but because the manchilds who make up the majority of the gaming base can't cooperate while they are around.

The women need to be driven from WoW. But we don't have to be misogynistic about it, just make it extremely challenging to function and survive outside of cities to the point where players can't even carry each other (so women can't make manchildren carry them to success and such arrangements lead to hasty failures in less than 10 minutes) outside of the Cities, and eventually the promiscuous garbage will stop playing the game because they don't want to just sit in a city all day, and when they go back to their own real life ghetto ugly-bumping baby-making, the online realms will be free once more.
    I, uh... um. What the fuck did I just read?

Deleted
    Well Sylvanas in WoW looks like a trashcan whereas in HotS she looks absolutely amazing. So I give you that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    The heroes in HotS are simply stunning, while still having the art direction and feel of current WoW.

I really hope the eventual WoW successor utilizes similar graphics. Would be both a gorgeous game and accessible to the masses.

Here's to hoping!
    You've already seen what the new WoW engine would've been because it was code name Titan, aka Overwatch. That's Blizzard's next gen engine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think he means the model style rather than the actual game engine.

To be honest, WoW's character models are shined-up versions of really dated designs.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they rebuilt or replaced the engine after they terminated Titan.
    I'm pretty sure Overwatch is the multiplayer portion that was meant to be in Titan. So we can imagine what the game might've played out like. It was rumored to be like Destiny.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

What? Seriously, what? In terms of modern graphics, HotS is a potato game. I mean, if you wanted to point out a Blizzard game that looks great, why not Overwatch?

I don't mean to sound like a party pooper, but that's just a wrong opinion. HotS' engine isn't exactly hot shit. It's like wishing that a game was made in Unreal 3 when Unreal 4 exists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You've already seen what the new WoW engine would've been because it was code name Titan, aka Overwatch. That's Blizzard's next gen engine.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure Overwatch is the multiplayer portion that was meant to be in Titan. So we can imagine what the game might've played out like. It was rumored to be like Destiny.
    None of Overwatch's gameplay would have been lifted from Titan. The stuff they reused would mostly be story/character concepts and art. Aside from the similarity of Overwatch being an FPS and Titan supposedly being a shooter, there are very few similarities that would carry over from an MMO-ish environment to what Overwatch is.

WoW 2 will never be a thing, Discussion over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It was more like The Secret World or something.

http://kotaku.com/heres-what-blizzar...was-1638632121

A lot of people have speculated about how much of Titan is in Overwatch, all we have to really go on is Blizzard's statement that not much was reused except maybe some art assets or concepts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I agree, damn.
    I want a WoW complete overhaul with HoTS engine and graphics!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I, uh... um. What the fuck did I just read?
    He's obviously having a laugh but it still is a disturbing read.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

So you mean, starcraft 2s engine then.

graphics doesn't really matter that much in MMO

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought the Newer Expansions were Sequels to World of Warcraft. Plus Isn't BFA making more new Graphics?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    I thought the Newer Expansions were Sequels to World of Warcraft. Plus Isn't BFA making more new Graphics?
    Not really. The WC3 engine hit is peak in MOP. It hasn't received many updates since. Yes the zones are more detailed but the graphics are still the same. It's impressive they got the engine to do what it does. But there is only so far you can push a 16/17 year old engine.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    I really hope the eventual WoW successor
    When were these plans announced? I must have missed it.

the sc2 engine was dog crap, no thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW 2 should be made with Cryengine.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    WoW 2 should be made with Cryengine.
    Oddly I'd love a Warcraft game more similar in style to the cinematics.

HotS is on an old fucking engine. It's the SC2 engine. At the time current games didn't have PBR. There's hardly anything advanced about the graphics, it's just spec/gloss/normals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mitobunny View Post
    I think it's odd that their cinematics look like that, yet no game has gone that way.

That was what was exciting about SC2 to me, it was the first game to kind of look like the cinematics (in story mode... not the top down view of course).

I'd personally love to see a Warcraft game that plays like Battlefield, and you can physically get onto a wolf or whatever as a vehicle, real time combat with weapons like For Honor. Full scale Alterac Valley. Fuck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitobunny View Post
    Yeah the art style disconnect is real.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    HotS is on an old fucking engine. It's the SC2 engine. At the time current games didn't have PBR. There's hardly anything advanced about the graphics, it's just spec/gloss/normals.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's odd that their cinematics look like that, yet no game has gone that way.

That was what was exciting about SC2 to me, it was the first game to kind of look like the cinematics (in story mode... not the top down view of course).

I'd personally love to see a Warcraft game that plays like Battlefield, and you can physically get onto a wolf or whatever as a vehicle, real time combat with weapons like For Honor. Full scale Alterac Valley. Fuck
    Not sure about For Honor but definitely something more action oriented.

WoW 2 will release November 2024. I've had this thought for years and I'm confident in it.

I'm also confident that they are internally discussing it right now and drafting up rough plans on their engine, game mechanics, lore direction, etc. They have to know that WoW is losing popularity and will eventually be irrelevant. After all, no game rules forever.