Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Consent, in this case, would take the form of dipping the penis repeatedly into the vagina. Anything past that is the woman's decision.
    Legally, absoluetly.

I do not however believe these laws are fair or right.

But as stated earlier, this article is not the right place to debate that. I stand my my comment that what this guy did is evil and he deserves punishment.
    Here is something to believe in!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Those are the child's rights-
    The child has a right to two parents - Single motherhood should be illegal.
    those laws exist for the child, not the woman
    What do we do with women who use sperm banks to get pregnant while single?
    Men bearing some financial responsibility for a child they helped conceive =/= blackmail.
    No, the didn't conceive a child, if they did, the abortion is by necessity Murder, no he created a clump of cells, she, and only she, created the child.
    Also, to be clear, women have *the same* financial responsibilities to the child
    No, they don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Stop acting like women have no say in when or whether they become parents. They absolutely do, before conception. After conception, the woman has a say right up until abortion laws restrict her say.
    See that works just as well, it's almost like it's completely arbitrary, biased, and hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Guys, really just get the snip, freeze some sperm for future use...
    You really should look into just how expensive this is, and how much of a guarantee it isn't. There's nothing "just get it done" about the procedure or the following process at all.

Sure he could have done that, but you're addressing all guys, borderline misantropic.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    It's not murder but it sure as hell is a crime to force someone to have an abortion/drug them against their will.
    It IS murder, legally, where it happened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The point is that no choice needed to be made at all.
    But that isn't the case, there was a choice and that choice was made. Just because she didn't need to do anything for that choice doesn't make it any less of a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You really should look into just how expensive this is, and how much of a guarantee it isn't. There's nothing "just get it done" about the procedure or the following process at all.

Sure he could have done that, but you're addressing all guys, borderline misantropic.
    I did look into it. It's covered by insurance in the US and is $1k or less. I also looked into research regarding failure rates, current procedure is to cut away some of the tube and cut back/cauterize, even without cutting of the tube the procedure has a VERY low failure rate.

Bolded: Lol. You can alternatively wear a condom 100% of the time, use spermicide, and pull out every time. Birth control is not 100% on women.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    But that isn't the case, there was a choice and that choice was made. Just because she didn't need to do anything for that choice doesn't make it any less of a choice.
    Yet here we are, two actions, one taken by each person... making them equally responsible.

Deleted
    Yet here we are, two actions, one taken by each person... making them equally responsible.
    As if the actions undertaken have anything to do with this!? Again, it is about choices being made, nothing else.

As if the actions undertaken have anything to do with this!? Again, it is about choices being made, nothing else.
    Of course they have everything to do with it, that's how babies are made. So, it goes back to the initial claim, are you arguing that people shouldn't be responsible for the consequences of their actions, or are you arguing that women do not deserve to have bodily autonomy. Pick one.

Deleted
    Of course they have everything to do with it, that's how babies are made. So, it goes back to the initial claim, are you arguing that people shouldn't be responsible for the consequences of their actions, or are you arguing that women do not deserve to have bodily autonomy. Pick one.
    I didn't know that actions make babies, here i thought that it was due to the fertilization off an egg, and that is not how a baby is made, its how a zygote comes into existence. The only way for such a thing to grown into a human is when a woman chooses to let this happen.
    Im saying that people should be responsible for their choices, nothing else, and since having a baby is 100% a choice the burden of raising this child should go solely to the people wanting to have that child.
    So no, i do not pick one, im stating the exact same thing over and over again. Everyone should have the choice to become a parent or not.

I didn't know that actions make babies, here i thought that it was due to the fertilization off an egg, and that is not how a baby is made, its how a zygote comes into existence. The only way for such a thing to grown into a human is when a woman chooses to let this happen.
    Im saying that people should be responsible for their choices, nothing else, and since having a baby is 100% a choice the burden of raising this child should go solely to the people wanting to have that child.
    So no, i do not pick one, im stating the exact same thing over and over again. Everyone should have the choice to become a parent or not.
    And what action led to the fertilization of an egg? Were there two willing participants to that action? Yup.

People should be responsible for their choices, and in this case, the choice was to risk getting someone pregnant by having sex with that person. So, if you don't think someone should be responsible for that choice, then that is the argument you are making. If you think men should be able to demand an abortion, then that is the argument you are making. Pick one.

You are stating the same thing over and over again... and that's that you do not believe people should be responsible for their actions and decisions, sad! Or, are you saying they should be responsible for their choices, but not their actions?

Deleted
    And what action led to the fertilization of an egg? Were there two willing participants to that action? Yup.
    Totally besides the point, its still the choice of the female if it ever see's the light of day. And babies being a choices means.... exactly that they (they as in the people wanting that baby) are the ones that should be responsible for it because it is a choice and not some random act.
    People should be responsible for their choices, and in this case, the choice was to risk getting someone pregnant by having sex with that person. So, if you don't think someone should be responsible for that choice, then that is the argument you are making. If you think men should be able to demand an abortion, then that is the argument you are making. Pick one.
    That wasn't the choice, the choice was having sex or not. If having sex really is the only choice that is needed then i would suggest to ban abortions as they aren't needed, if woman do not want to become pregenant then they should not have sex. Simple, right?
    The choice to become a parent is solely in the hands of the female, if she wants to do this without a man that is fine, he can't stop her, but why should he be responsible for her choices?

You are stating the same thing over and over again... and that's that you do not believe people should be responsible for their actions and decisions, sad! Or, are you saying they should be responsible for their choices, but not their actions?
    Nope, that is again your strawman, i've stated again and again that people should be responsible for their choices, becoming a parent is a choice. Whatever the action was doesn't really matter when the outcome is decided by someone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post

Single motherhood should be illegal?
    Yes - It's essentially child abuse.
    That's just fucking ridiculous. Plenty of mothers are perfectly capable of raising their children on their own.
    Capable, yes, the best option, no, they are categorically not - this is not a question of money, it's a question of biology.
    What happens if two people decide to get divorced?
    This question is obviously about new births.
    Or if the man dies? Throw the woman in jail for breaking the law? Take the kids away? Seriously probably the most insane thing I've seen someone say on this forum. You sound like Ann fucking Coulter.

I also find it weird that you mention single motherhood but not single fatherhood. Sounds a bit sexist.
    No, it's very simple, on ever birth certificate, the mother must provide another person who agrees to be the 'father'.
    If she can provide no such person, mandatory adoption, No exceptions, it's for the best of the child.
    If you think this is 'inhumane' - May i remind, we make rape victims pay child support in the name of 'think of the children'.
    So clearly the wishes of the mother is entirely immaterial.

Totally besides the point, its still the choice of the female if it ever see's the light of day. And babies being a choices means.... exactly that they (they as in the people wanting that baby) are the ones that should be responsible for it because it is a choice and not some random act.

That wasn't the choice, the choice was having sex or not. If having sex really is the only choice that is needed then i would suggest to ban abortions as they aren't needed, if woman do not want to become pregenant then they should not have sex. Simple, right?
    The choice to become a parent is solely in the hands of the female, if she wants to do this without a man that is fine, he can't stop her, but why should he be responsible for her choices?

Nope, that is again your strawman, i've stated again and again that people should be responsible for their choices, becoming a parent is a choice. Whatever the action was doesn't really matter when the outcome is decided by someone else.
    It's not besides the point at all, it's the entire fucking point. You just want to dismiss it, because it completely shatters your bullshit narrative.

You are arguing that men should not be responsible for the consequences of their choices and actions. It really is that simple.

Once again, you really should refine your argument. Admittedly, you will still be wrong, but at least you wouldn't look like an irresponsible whiner whilst you made it.

Deleted
    It's not besides the point at all, it's the entire fucking point. You just want to dismiss it, because it completely shatters your bullshit narrative.

You are arguing that men should not be responsible for the consequences of their choices and actions. It really is that simple.

Once again, you really should refine your argument. Admittedly, you will still be wrong, but at least you wouldn't look like an irresponsible whiner whilst you made it.
    No it is totally besides the point, if these actions have no baring on the final decision then what did these actions really do?? Al it did was giving the female and him self the chance to become a parent, when the chance comes up then both people should have a think with them selves to look if they want to become a parent. When the female says no then its no, but when the female says yes then why does the male have to agree? Why can't he make that decision for himself?

Nope im not, that is just you and your strawman, as ivé said, people should be responsible for their choices. If a man chooses to be part of this childs life then he has to take care of that child, just like the female that wants a child. When a man chooses not to be part of it then he should not have to, just like a woman.

And attacking me isn't helping your cause one bit, it only makes you seem even more desperate.

Yeah there's a lot of focus in these threads about mens' rights which I think are wholly relevant, particularly when a child is wanted, but at the same time I don't think most men who are wholly concerned about unwanted pregnancy take all of the steps they can to avoid the consequences that they claim they are so wholly abhorrent to them in the first place.

Personal responsibility is important.

No it is totally besides the point, if these actions have no baring on the final decision then what did these actions really do?? Al it did was giving the female and him self the chance to become a parent, when the chance comes up then both people should have a think with them selves to look if they want to become a parent. When the female says no then its no, but when the female says yes then why does the male have to agree? Why can't he make that decision for himself?

Nope im not, that is just you and your strawman, as ivé said, people should be responsible for their choices. If a man chooses to be part of this childs life then he has to take care of that child, just like the female that wants a child. When a man chooses not to be part of it then he should not have to, just like a woman.

And attacking me isn't helping your cause one bit, it only makes you seem even more desperate.
    They do have bearing, because no other actions need be taken for it to come to fruition. That's exactly why I mentioned the analogy about setting a bomb to blow up a building.

You are arguing that a man should not be responsible for the consequences of his actions.

If a woman is so concerned that she'll have an unwanted child that she is willing to poison another human being and thinks abortion or adoption is not a good alternative (which is a weird af combination) then she should.
    That's not what you said originally. No, you called out for ALL men to go through the process. But for some strange, mysterious reason you only called out MEN. How odd...

Because God forbid a fucking woman take responsibility for anything, too. Especially those worried about all those evil men who are going to poison them if they do get pregnant accidentally. You know, since it's the majority of the population, clearly, thus warranting half the world to get their balls cut off for your safety.

Yeah there's a lot of focus in these threads about mens' rights which I think are wholly relevant, particularly when a child is wanted, but at the same time I don't think most men who are wholly concerned about unwanted pregnancy take all of the steps they can to avoid the consequences that they claim they are so wholly abhorrent to them in the first place.

Personal responsibility is important.
    I think it is good to focus on men's rights. Men should have equal opportunity to gain custody, and I know that is often not the case.

Deleted
    They do have bearing, because no other actions need be taken for it to come to fruition. That's exactly why I mentioned the analogy about setting a bomb to blow up a building.

You are arguing that a man should not be responsible for the consequences of his actions.
    Again, there is an additional action, the decision being made to become a parent, no matter how hard you try, making a decision to let something happen is still an action.

Again im arguing that people who want choose for something to happen are responsible for that something, nothing more nothing less. If he wants responsibility for it he can get it just like a woman, if he doesn't want to then he should not have to, just like a woman.