Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Unless it breaks any rules or leads to some actual consequences, it'll just lead to some bad press, which is basically all the Trump team is known for, then it'll disappear as people forget about it over time buried under the next scandal.

So instead of actually spending the two seconds to Google it, I'm going to guess there are some actual consequences involved if he fired Mueller.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty and there's literally zero proof of guilt. Keep raising your expectations higher and higher, because it's going to make it more hilarious when nothing happens.
    Oh, and just to put a very fine point on this, here's the Special Counsel's statement on the issue of them legally obtaining Trump transition emails:

Peter Carr, Special Counsel spokesman:
    “When we have obtained emails in the course of our ongoing criminal investigation, we have secured either the account owner’s consent or appropriate criminal process.”

Do you understand what just happened in that statement? No? Of course you don't. Here let this Twitter comment make it abundantly clear for you...

"The special counsel hasn't said a word in 8 months, then yesterday it busts out one sentence with the word "criminal" in it, TWICE. Get it. @realDonaldTrump?"

This is situation is beyond you, Primarycolor. So far beyond you.

Democrats will shut down government by refusing to extend the continuing resolution, until Mueller is reinstated. His return will be a pre-condition.

Trump, being an imbecile and and seeing his popularity tank further with the firing, will be forced to sign such legislation, just like the Russia sanctions.

Trump is ultimately removed for forced from office.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Because if evidence is found that the election was rigged, it may invalidate the entire thing
    We don't have a legal mechanism in this country for what you're describing. There is no precedent for a Federal-level "re-vote" like there is in other countries. That means even Trump's tainted election win is still the valid win. We're a country of laws, not men. And the law says nothing about "do-overs".

Which means President Pence at this stage, or President Ryan / President Pelosi, or President Hatch.

Hopefully this is instructive to Americans how our constitution, which unmatched in many respects, has some severe deficiencies compared to modern constitutions that came along later. For example this nonsense about how the "President can't be indicted"... first, he probably can be. Secondly, in other countries, when that happens, the powers of the President temporarily are transfered to the Vice President or Prime Minister until the trial concludes.

Our system should adopt some of these proven modernizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    With him adding periods in his sentences, I am beginning to think he doesn't know anymore. The ONLY people I have ever seen add random periods in their sentences like he has for a few posts, are people that don't speak English very well.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, you think FDR is the most corrupt president in history? Are you for fucking real?

- - - Updated - - -

And entirely on partisan lines. Trump has done WORSE than Clinton ever will.
    Hey, lets lock up hundreds of thousands of people with no due process due to having slanty eyes.

Yeah, real fucking hero.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Democrats will shut down government by refusing to extend the continuing resolution, until Mueller is reinstated. His return will be a pre-condition.

Trump, being an imbecile and and seeing his popularity tank further with the firing, will be forced to sign such legislation, just like the Russia sanctions.

Trump is ultimately removed for forced from office.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't have a legal mechanism in this country for what you're describing. There is no precedent for a Federal-level "re-vote" like there is in other countries. That means even Trump's tainted election win is still the valid win. We're a country of laws, not men. And the law says nothing about "do-overs".

Which means President Pence at this stage, or President Ryan / President Pelosi, or President Hatch.

Hopefully this is instructive to Americans how our constitution, which unmatched in many respects, has some severe deficiencies compared to modern constitutions that came along later. For example this nonsense about how the "President can't be indicted"... first, he probably can be. Secondly, in other countries, when that happens, the powers of the President temporarily are transfered to the Vice President or Prime Minister until the trial concludes.

Our system should adopt some of these proven modernizations.
    Well, thats I was saying, it would be a unprecedented situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    With him adding periods in his sentences, I am beginning to think he doesn't know anymore. The ONLY people I have ever seen add random periods in their sentences like he has for a few posts, are people that don't speak English very well.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, you think FDR is the most corrupt president in history? Are you for fucking real?

- - - Updated - - -

And entirely on partisan lines. Trump has done WORSE than Clinton ever will.
    Or people who do the majority of posting from their phone, with one hand while holding a kid.

Well, thats I was saying, it would be a unprecedented situation.
    Unprecedented, but the law is quite clear.

I'd like nothing more than to not assign this illegitimate, treasonous, orange sack of shit a number in sequence of Presidents, but that isn't how we do things.

The biggest question is, if the President is convicted without being impeached, what happens to his powers? He would likely have to be formally removed from office by Congress, but other countries pre-bake that into their constitution, which is the way things should be done.

But that question aside, there is no ambiguity about how this goes down. Even if we somehow get President Orrin Hatch due to how far the corruption and criminality goes, the order of succession is crystal clear.

Or people who do the majority of posting from their phone, with one hand while holding a kid.
    You really react that emotionally towards mmoc posts to the point where you can't simply wait until you put the baby down before you type out a reponse? >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Well, thats I was saying, it would be a unprecedented situation..
    On a side-note, yes - what Skroe said is correct. Your paranoid delusion of the future result isn't reality, nor is what this scenario you're painting is something the Dems/Libs/Anyone is pushing for. I mean, shit, I don't think I know anybody who holds a liberal belief that it would go as far as you are suggesting! Likewise I think you're the only "conservative" who even believes in that. Not even our classic paranoid doomsayers like Oorlong and such believe that is happening. ;P

Will us "libs" be happy with Pence? Of fucking course not - we will still fight his policies tooth and nail, but at least with pence we can sleep at night knowing it's just politics and not about politics and unbelievable stupid dictator shit like starting a war with NK over babytantrums, seemingly support alt-right and white supremacists, deliberately sew seeds of conflict in our society via ego-gratifying lies and bullshit, supporting a president who has admitted to sexual assault via abuse of power, ect...

Democrats would call for impeachment for obstruction of justice. Republicans would mostly ignore it because they're a bunch of useless pussies who wouldn't give a shit if Trump was killing people as long as they got their tax break for the rich.

There would be protests in the streets and the 2018 election would be an absolute slaughter of Republicans. Democrats win the house and senate. President Pelosi.

It's very sad the lengths some on the so-called right will go to obfuscate un-American, treasonous behavior by so-called political allies.

I swear, I think many people on the right, particularly the far right, are the weakest Americans there are, bar none.

Osama bin Laden thoroughly defeated them, by making them so afraid of terrorism they're willing to compromise our civili liberties, violate human rights and America's moral character, and engage in spiralling wars (while ignoring larger strategic imperatives). Make no mistake, for the far right, the War on Terror is over, and Al Qaeda won. They deftly manipulated a segment of Americans into destroying what makes them better people.

And similarly, Barack Obama thoroughly defeated them. Obama did many things I didn't like whatsoever. But far from a radical, he was mostly a middle of the road Democrat. Like "mostly harmless". Plenty of fuck-ups... some big successes. Pretty par for the course. And what does the far right do? Lose their shit at every turn about "SJWs" to the point that *gasp*, strong female characters and a chicken-eating gag in Star Wars evicts anti-SJW outrage.

We are here, and Donald Trump is defended, because pathologically weak and sick people have allowed their fears to overcome their good sense. For Trumpkins, the national colors might as well be Red White and Yellow.

It is clear what the Trump Team's collusion with Russia was about. It is staring us in the face. it is clear that Trump himself has tried to obstruct the criminal investigation into that. We are a nation of laws, not men, and these are crimes, committed by men.

But what do these pathological cowards want to do? Talk about an FBI having *gasp* a political opinion off hours. Because heaven forbid an FBI agent is a human being and not Robocop.

Fortunately that's not going anywhere. Meanwhile the investigation is circling down on the Administration. It's past time for people to decide if they want, at the last moment, to stand with AMerican values, American traditions, and America's defense... or in their ongoing, multi-year romance with fear, which has completely ruined them to the core , if they're going to continue to play word games and obfuscate to protect the criminal who gives them comfort.

I take solace in the fact I'm going to get to go through the rest of my life saying I never got in the Trump train and have been an opponent since the near start. These cowards? Heh... they have to live with this. They have to live with what they condoned. They betrayed the founders and brought shame to us all.

But at least they stuck it to SJWs and ISIS!

I don't understand the arguments of Mueller's team being biased. Mainly because those who were proven to have done something biased were already fired for said bias.

Rosenstein also has overseight over the special council and has testified that he has seen no reason to fire mueller.

Meuller being fired will be a strike against the rule of law.
    Last edited by lazypeon100; 2017-12-17 at 11:59 PM.

Hopefully protest, but who knows, maybe Trump does some trivial shit like take another shot at net neutrality or lootboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Democrats would call for impeachment for obstruction of justice. Republicans would mostly ignore it because they're a bunch of useless pussies who wouldn't give a shit if Trump was killing people as long as they got their tax break for the rich.

There would be protests in the streets and the 2018 election would be an absolute slaughter of Republicans. Democrats win the house and senate. President Pelosi.
    The problem with this is that even if the Democrats win every single seat up for election in 2018, and the two independents win as well or lose to Democrats, there are not enough Democrats + Independents to convict after they impeach in the House, you need 67 votes to do so. Unless the remaining Republicans try to save face by voting for conviction or they end up getting kicked out for some reason or another.

More than likely is Trump will die from stress plus his own bad habits, or incredibly unlikely, be convinced to step down in order to preserve his health.

It would require someone he knows to convince him stepping down would be a win for him however, maybe getting a possible President Pence/Ryan to take the fall for him by pardon.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You really react that emotionally towards mmoc posts to the point where you can't simply wait until you put the baby down before you type out a reponse? >.>

- - - Updated - - -

On a side-note, yes - what Skroe said is correct. Your paranoid delusion of the future result isn't reality, nor is what this scenario you're painting is something the Dems/Libs/Anyone is pushing for. I mean, shit, I don't think I know anybody who holds a liberal belief that it would go as far as you are suggesting! Likewise I think you're the only "conservative" who even believes in that. Not even our classic paranoid doomsayers like Oorlong and such believe that is happening. ;P

Will us "libs" be happy with Pence? Of fucking course not - we will still fight his policies tooth and nail, but at least with pence we can sleep at night knowing it's just politics and not about politics and unbelievable stupid dictator shit like starting a war with NK over babytantrums, seemingly support alt-right and white supremacists, deliberately sew seeds of conflict in our society via ego-gratifying lies and bullshit, supporting a president who has admitted to sexual assault via abuse of power, ect...
    Just so happens that it's easier to make typos with one hand, go figure.

Anyway, what paranoid delusions do I have lol? I've already said countless times that i don't support Trump, that I feel he is the most unprofessional president in history, that doesn't mean however, that I will hate the man li le some of you do. How you can find such hate for someone without knowing them speaks volumes about your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    all im.sayimg is that if like to see the investigation restarted from scratch to avoid even a hit of corruption.
    That is not, nor ever has been a reasonable standard for investigations. I mean the Benghazi investigations were admitted by the GOP to be political in nature to damage Clinton. Where was all your outrage for investigatory purity then? Hmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It's very sad the lengths some on the so-called right will go to obfuscate un-American, treasonous behavior by so-called political allies.

I swear, I think many people on the right, particularly the far right, are the weakest Americans there are, bar none.

Osama bin Laden thoroughly defeated them, by making them so afraid of terrorism they're willing to compromise our civili liberties, violate human rights and America's moral character, and engage in spiralling wars (while ignoring larger strategic imperatives). Make no mistake, for the far right, the War on Terror is over, and Al Qaeda won. They deftly manipulated a segment of Americans into destroying what makes them better people.

And similarly, Barack Obama thoroughly defeated them. Obama did many things I didn't like whatsoever. But far from a radical, he was mostly a middle of the road Democrat. Like "mostly harmless". Plenty of fuck-ups... some big successes. Pretty par for the course. And what does the far right do? Lose their shit at every turn about "SJWs" to the point that *gasp*, strong female characters and a chicken-eating gag in Star Wars evicts anti-SJW outrage.

We are here, and Donald Trump is defended, because pathologically weak and sick people have allowed their fears to overcome their good sense. For Trumpkins, the national colors might as well be Red White and Yellow.

It is clear what the Trump Team's collusion with Russia was about. It is staring us in the face. it is clear that Trump himself has tried to obstruct the criminal investigation into that. We are a nation of laws, not men, and these are crimes, committed by men.

But what do these pathological cowards want to do? Talk about an FBI having *gasp* a political opinion off hours. Because heaven forbid an FBI agent is a human being and not Robocop.

Fortunately that's not going anywhere. Meanwhile the investigation is circling down on the Administration. It's past time for people to decide if they want, at the last moment, to stand with AMerican values, American traditions, and America's defense... or in their ongoing, multi-year romance with fear, which has completely ruined them to the core , if they're going to continue to play word games and obfuscate to protect the criminal who gives them comfort.

I take solace in the fact I'm going to get to go through the rest of my life saying I never got in the Trump train and have been an opponent since the near start. These cowards? Heh... they have to live with this. They have to live with what they condoned. They betrayed the founders and brought shame to us all.

But at least they stuck it to SJWs and ISIS!
    Skroe, if you truly feel that the far left associate themselves with American values than the far right, I think you have let your partisanship and hatred of Trump cloud your good judgement, and this is coming from someone who has tremendous respect for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    That is not, nor ever has been a reasonable standard for investigations. I mean the Benghazi investigations were admitted by the GOP to be political in nature to damage Clinton. Where was all your outrage for investigatory purity then? Hmmmm?
    Where are such admissions.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the entire election is supposedly fraudulent, are we sure it would go to pence?
    Yes, because there is no provision in the constitution for an election do-over or cancellation. If Trump goes, it's Pence. Period. The only way to get to a democrat is to impeach all the way down via the line of succession spelled for in the constitution. And the people in power know this is the only way, so it's not about getting a Dem the presidency. Not by anyone even remotely reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are such admissions.
    I don't know what happened to you but somewhere in the last year or so you really stopped discussing in good faith on these forums. The articles with quotes from GOP politicians about the Benghazi investigations are out there to find if you happen to revert back to your more honest self. Many people posted them before and I'm pretty confident you've not only seen them but responded to them, so I don't believe for one second you don't know what I'm talking about. I, however, have no desire to post articles to have you dismiss them with some random reason which we both know full well will be the result. So let's just fast-forward this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because there is no provision in the constitution for an election do-over or cancellation. If Trump goes, it's Pence. Period. The only way to get to a democrat is to impeach all the way down via the line of succession spelled for in the constitution. And the people in power know this is the only way, so it's not about getting a Dem the presidency. Not by anyone even remotely reasonable.
    Honestly, I think the US constitution is horribly outdated and needs to be rewritten. The founders just didn't forsee foreign agents manipulating their way into power by manipulating and buying elections. You can only do so much with amendments. Amendments are like duct tape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Honestly, I think the US constitution is horribly outdated and needs to be rewritten. The founders just didn't forsee foreign agents manipulating their way into power by manipulating and buying elections. You can only do so much with amendments. Amendments are like duct tape.
    I don't think anyone wants to open up the constitution for a constitutional convention with the current political climate. However I don't disagree with your assessment.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't necessarily want Muller removed, I would like to see new team members and a formal investigation into whether or not the investigation has been conducted properly
    Can we have an investigation into the investigation into Mueller who's investigating Trump, just to make sure there isn't any bias or impropriety too?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

All of the e-heroes on twitter are planning to "take to the streets", if Mueller gets fired. Meanwhile, if they had "taken to the ballot boxes" last November, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I don't think anyone wants to open up the constitution for a constitutional convention with the current political climate. However I don't disagree with your assessment.
    Yeah, it's a little worrying how close Republicans are to 34 states tbh.