Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Your response is exactly what Blizzard wants people to think.

Think about it. All the MMOs and multiplayer games out there with loot crates and cash grabs (which is two words, by the way), they created the game AROUND that system. It was there from the start, and it was huge. People are really starting to hate cash stores in games, and especially loot crates. So Blizzard does it differently. They trickle it in. An item here, an item there. No loot crates, you see what you're getting, and they don't flood the system with it. You can go the entire game without ever even thinking about getting something from the store. And since it's trickling in, people aren't really fighting it. WoW isn't labeled as having 'in-app purchases' by the masses yet. If they just suddenly came out with 50 mounts, pets, and cosmetics each, loot crates, inventory increases, etc, people would've come out of the woodwork to tear Blizzard down. $60+ for the game, $15 a month, AND loot crates? WoW would die in months.

But again, whenever someone points out exactly what Blizzard is doing, people like you come to their defense. "No cash grab here folks, move on!"
    That's because he is correct. Whiny little children complaining " leveling takes to long" are the problem with the game. Please, for the love of God, just quit the game already. Please. You don't want to be here, no one wants you here, so gtfo.

so are these gonna be worth a fortune when allied races come out?

Quote Originally Posted by kramjam View Post
    so are these gonna be worth a fortune when allied races come out?
    Probably be sold for loads on AH but leveling is going to be just as easy post scaling. People are blowing it way out of proportion on how "hard" it is.

I'm just gonna put my looms on and do what I've always been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    God damn Blizzard and their cash grabs. What is next? Removing the FREE level boost they give you with expansion purchase? /s

All the levelling changes aren't meant for people with 100 alts, or for that dude with one main who decided he wants to try something different, it is made for new players to make it a better experience. If you can't level without the elixir then i am sorry you are just slow.
    Except new players don't even know this thing exists, or if they do, they are extremely unlikely to be able to afford it. This change only spites those who use it regularly, aka altoholics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    I already have 12 alts.

Why in the world would I want to level another 6 ....
    is where you should have stopped.

At some point, the drive for more alts really should be discouraged or at least not encouraged. Part of playing a game that is at least nominally an RPG is that you get involved at some level with a character. IF you can't keep interest with a dozen...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Do all of what?
    Allied races?
    Revamped leveling experience?
    Why would they take out these XP potions, and increase the amount of xp it takes to get to 60? There isn't any real reason to do anything like that when scaling is a thing.

Blizzard is a business. And they probably want to minimize their expansion draught lose. So what better way than to make leveling take longer, and add allied races in 7.3.5 to 'cure' the content draught until BFA. This would cause a lot of people to try to level an allied race, and of course purchase a boost.

Do you think some intern accidentally deleted the potion from the drop table? At what point does a developer think a potion from MoP needs to be removed? It doesn't make any sense unless their was some ulterior motive going on. It's not hard to imagine making money from allied race changes is their goal.

You'd maximize your profits by doing all this for 7.3.5 rather than 8.0. Since players will be more open to leveling a character during the content draught, rather than when a fresh new expansion just released.

Mean while doesn't it seem shady they did this under the hood? No official word as to why they made a pointless change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Gotta boost those level boost sales somehow.
    Holy shit... People have been complaining about leveling being too fast and poorly paced for ages, now they fix it and then it's a cashgrab. Impossible to please...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    welcome to World of Cashgrab...

- - - Updated - - -

what little loyalty is left from the player base is getting beaten down by more and more cash grabs and tedious bottomless time sinks. Ion needs to be put back on ambulance chasing duties.
    youre playin a game, it is literally a timesink
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    At some point, the drive for more alts really should be discouraged or at least not encouraged. Part of playing a game that is at least nominally an RPG is that you get involved at some level with a character. IF you can't keep interest with a dozen...
    I have been invested in my Rogue since I started playing.
    It was my first character and continues to be my main for 7+ years.

Each class has a unique play style and those moments when then they have their own lore story (Legion Artifacts and Class campaign), how could you not be interested in what is happening on the other side.

My interest is there. I use each of my characters everyday, yet I am being punished for actually enjoying the game.

There is many options they could've taken.

My preferred would've been:
    World Scaling
    Enemy Scaling
    BUFF HEIRLOOMS LIKE CRAZY for those that want to use them and breeze through content.

Having pre- and post-Cata Loremaster.
    There is nothing left for me in any zone

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been invested in my Rogue since I started playing.
    It was my first character and continues to be my main for 7+ years.

Each class has a unique play style and those moments when then they have their own lore story (Legion Artifacts and Class campaign), how could you not be interested in what is happening on the other side.

My interest is there. I use each 1 of my characters everyday, yet I am being punished for actually enjoying the game.
    Dramatic much? Come on, if you have all classes on both factions that's pretty obsessive. And, well, you've had years to level them. Sorry but if you're really into playing that many alts, you take on the burden of leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Dramatic much?
    k.
    I get it, you are just a forum troll.

Pretty sure that you have never played WoW in your life.

Next thing you are going to me tell that: "I ONLY played in Vanilla and the game was so much better".
    Nostalrius baby.

The problem is that the increase in experience required to level, as well as the overall mob buffs which increase as your level gets high and higher, are all tuned to the premise that everyone has heirloom gear, meaning good stats and a huge experience boost overall. This isn't true.

Can you imagine how terribly slow the leveling experience will be for anyone who starts leveling WoW on a new account, who just starts playing WoW or who is returning after a few years and wants to level? You need a lot of gold to get the heirlooms you need to begin with. How do they imagine that experience of new players, returning players or players starting off new accounts?

I think that putting whole expansions or a couple of them into single brackets is an amazing idea as it lets you finish zones you start questing in and it lets you decide where you'll level in the first place, but the experience requirement for leveling being raised was completely uncalled for.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-18 at 03:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As if levelling isn't fast enough already with the xp boost from heirlooms anyway. People are complaining over nothing.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    As if levelling isn't fast enough already with the xp boost from heirlooms anyway. People are complaining over nothing.
    You sure are uninformed.

With the new leveling system in 7.3.5. Leveling will be done at a snail's pace.

You sure are uninformed.

With the new leveling system in 7.3.5. Leveling will be done at a snail's pace.
    As someone who's been doing it in the PTR with multiple toons with and without heirlooms.

No it's not. So yes people are blowing it way out of proportion. And being over dramatic about it.

Without looms it took me a couple days more than it normally does at max. With looms it took a few hours more.

If you really can't afford to spend an extra day or two tops then buy a boost. I mean I wouldn't ever do so over a couple of days more leveling but eh.

As for the XP it's to encourage zone completion and not outlevel the next zones starting level. It really isn't as horrid as people are making out to be or snails pace as you are.

If anything the pace of leveling now I'd say is equivalent to or just a bit more than Wraths from the non heirloom experience.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-18 at 03:46 AM.

The fact that Blizzard can silently remove a powerful leveling tool from the game while increasing the total time it will take to level while offering buyable level boosts and there are people who literally see nothing wrong with that and defend Blizzard is, well, par for the course and completely unsurprising.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    The fact that Blizzard can silently remove a powerful leveling tool from the game while increasing the total time it will take to level while offering buyable level boosts and there are people who literally see nothing wrong with that and defend Blizzard is, well, par for the course and completely unsurprising.
    Because the people saying it's "snails pace" or oh so hard are being bloody over dramatic about it. It takes a bit more time. That's it.

It's nowhere near what BC/Vanilla used to be. If anything it's comparable to Wrath.

And if you buy a level boost that is completely on you. Not Blizzard, not your friends, not your dog, not your credit card company but YOU. If you want to skip rather than spend an extra day or two leveling then go for it.

Someone said that blizzard made leveling faster and faster every expansion. After introducing paid boosts, they start making it slower and slower. And now this. Some could say blizzards milking schemes become more and more evident.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Someone said that blizzard made leveling faster and faster every expansion. After introducing paid boosts, they start making it slower and slower. And now this. Some could say blizzards milking schemes become more and more evident.
    By your own logic then they should have started making leveling more slower in MoP/WoD when the boost came out yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because the people saying it's "snails pace" or oh so hard are being bloody over dramatic about it. It takes a bit more time. That's it.

It's nowhere near what BC/Vanilla used to be. If anything it's comparable to Wrath.

And if you buy a level boost that is completely on you. Not Blizzard, not your friends, not your dog, not your credit card company but YOU. If you want to skip rather than spend an extra day or two leveling then go for it.
    Ah, so that's their excuse for secretly removing the elixir. Gotcha.