Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Pretty messed up, but not murder in the first degree. Why would it be? It hasn't been born, and in fact was quite far from reaching that state. That isn't to say that it's not wrong, but let's not make dumb comparisons here.
    He murdered her baby in cold blood. What else could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I agree, the courts should enforce it better. However, let's not even entertain the idea, that the ones whining for being allowed to skip payments, whenever they go around and impregnate women, and aren't then allowed to order the woman to abort, have any wishes on gaining custody.
    Men are more likely to win in court when they actually go to court.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes my post was a hard mandate and you should feel offended by my suggestion.
    It's funny how when I parrot your words back but change 'guys' to 'gals' it becomes something other than what you meant. How odd!!!

Women should take responsibility as well as men, but the reality is that men don't often take responsibility for birth control decisions on their end. You can have 100% control over who gets your sperm if you want to, but you feel butthurt that a woman dare suggest that if you don't want a child, that you take steps to protect yourself? Ok.
    Yes.

They should.

But they don't.

An unwanted/unexpected pregnancy is 100% as much the woman's fault as it is the man's. 100-fucking-percent of the time.

But in people like your's head, it's ENTIRELY the man's fault, and it's the MAN who should "get snipped" to make sure it doesn't happen, and/or have no choice in what becomes of the child, and be forced to be the woman's financial piggy bank if she -- and she alone, the man gets 0% say in the matter -- decides to keep the child. Because that's equality! Teehee! I mean, sure, she could have gotten HER fucking tubes tied. She could have taken birth control. She could have let the guy know that she would keep any child that resulted from their coupling, alerting HIM that SHE wasn't on any form of birth control or is unwilling to take any pills. But nope! Guys, go get snipped or deal with it!

Such a fucking pathetic mentality. The best part is that you actually think you're enlightened (or whatever the fuck it is you think you are) for thinking that way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    It's funny how when I parrot your words back but change 'guys' to 'gals' it becomes something other than what you meant. How odd!!!

Yes.

They should.

But they don't.

An unwanted/unexpected pregnancy is 100% as much the woman's fault as it is the man's. 100-fucking-percent of the time.

But in people like your's head, it's ENTIRELY the man's fault, and it's the MAN who should "get snipped" to make sure it doesn't happen, and/or have no choice in what becomes of the child, and be forced to be the woman's financial piggy bank if she -- and she alone, the man gets 0% say in the matter -- decides to keep the child. Because that's equality! Teehee! I mean, sure, she could have gotten HER fucking tubes tied. She could have taken birth control. She could have let the guy know that she would keep any child that resulted from their coupling, alerting HIM that SHE wasn't on any form of birth control or is unwilling to take any pills. But nope! Guys, go get snipped or deal with it!

Such a fucking pathetic mentality. The best part is that you actually think you're enlightened (or whatever the fuck it is you think you are) for thinking that way.
    Yeah, I said in numerous posts in this thread that there is equal responsibility on the part of both parties. Unfortunately for men, you get no say in what a woman does with her fetus while she has abortion, adoption and keeping the child as options, according to current law. So yes, instead of acting all insulted and butthurt you can listen to my good advice and take your own reproductive choices into your own hands, or you can continue to act the victim when two people manage to slip one past the gate and she decides to keep the child.

If you don't like current law then go to something about it rather than moaning on public forums.

I did look into it. It's covered by insurance in the US and is $1k or less. I also looked into research regarding failure rates, current procedure is to cut away some of the tube and cut back/cauterize, even without cutting of the tube the procedure has a VERY low failure rate.

Bolded: Lol. You can alternatively wear a condom 100% of the time, use spermicide, and pull out every time. Birth control is not 100% on women.
    No, I have sperm in the bank. Right now we've struggled for over a year to make use of it, and spent over $10000 of our state allowance in a place with socialized healthcare. I can only imagine the nightmare this would be in a place where one had to pay for themselves. Next round will be $10000 right out of our pockets.

And that's excluding the costs of keeping sperm in the bank in the first place. Go ahead and look up that price. Most young men will need ~20+ years.

There's nothing casual about this.

Edit: Not to mention around 5 years ago, there was a fire at the spermbank so add the stress of not being in control of conditions that might completely obliterate your genetic legacy without you even knowing.
    Last edited by Protean; 2017-12-18 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    No, I have sperm in the bank. Right now we've struggled for over a year to make use of it, and spent over $10000 of our state allowance in a place with socialized healthcare. I can only imagine the nightmare this would be in a place where one had to pay for themselves. Next round will be $10000 right out of our pockets.

And that's excluding the costs of keeping sperm in the bank in the first place. Go ahead and look up that price. Most young men will need ~20+ years.

There's nothing casual about this.

Edit: Not to mention around 5 years ago, there was a fire at the spermbank so add the stress of not being in control of conditions that might completely obliterate your genetic legacy without you even knowing.
    I looked up the cost of sperm banking and at one facility it was $2600 for a decade in the US. http://fertile-future.com/services/pricing

Obviously using storage at more than one facility is a good idea.

I looked up the cost of sperm banking and at one facility it was $2600 for a decade in the US. http://fertile-future.com/services/pricing

Obviously using storage at more than one facility is a good idea.
    There's also the stress of the process, and you lose the experience of being surprised by a pregnancy. Have to take a lot of time off for meetings and checkups.

So there is nothing nonchalant about the procedure and process following.

totally not my problem, but did she really want to have a kid with a man that would do that?

If you asked me, I think they both dodged a bullet. Sorry for her loss, poor kid as well.
    Last edited by omfgreally; 2017-12-18 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    There's also the stress of the process, and you lose the experience of being surprised by a pregnancy. Have to take a lot of time off for meetings and checkups.

So there is nothing nonchalant about the procedure and process following.
    Sure, there's nothing nonchalant about abortion or unwanted pregnancies, either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    There may be an additional action, but if no other action is taken... then there is no additional action. Are you saying people should be responsible for the actions they do not take? If so, then any woman who has a child can hold the man personally responsible for not poisoning her, and causing her to have a miscarriage.

In the end, the man willingly chose to have sex, knowing the consequences of his action. Therefore, he should be held responsible.
    No, again, making a choice is an action.

Deleted
    Whatever punishment he gets is probably preferable to having a kid.

Deleted
    My opinion about abortion is that the arguments supporting it are mostly pretty weak. The Roe v Wade legal decision was very weak. But the reality is that we have fewer adverse outcomes as a society by allowing abortion than when when it was illegal. Unwanted children are expensive and there is no culture around adoption in the US, people mostly want their own children and those who do adopt often look abroad instead of the many available children via our foster care system. Women were also dying on a routine basis from back alley abortions. It makes more sense to allow abortions than to prohibit them.
    Okay, now riddle me this, if woman are willing to risk dying over not getting children(the back ally abortions), why do you think that it is strange that males are willing to go as far as they do? (im not saying im okay with what this guy did, im saying that this should not be needed)
    If all that is needed for an abortion to be okay is a better outcome generally, then why not have a financial abortion? Would this not get rid of people trying to feed abortion pills to their "partners" or pushing them from stairs or all the other nastiness that is tried and that should not be? Would a financial abortion not make things better generally?

I do think it all comes down to having a choice, and right now, men do not have any choice in the matter other then "just do not have sex". And this is problematic, we know that preaching abstinence is basically useless, yet for some reason this is exactly what is preached to males and this is somehow painted as "their choice".

Woman will always have more choice in this matter, and that is okay. Arguing for everything to be the same just isn't realistic as the biology isn't the same. This means that woman can have children on their own, males cant, and that is okay. But why does the male have to be okay with the choice that the woman made? Why can one of the sexes get a say, on multiple occasions during the process i might add, to opt out to any and all responsibilities of parenthood while at the same time the other sex gets exactly none?
    When a female has an abortion because she isn't ready to become a parent yet, or what ever the reason, then she is praised for her responsibility, but when a male says exactly the same thing then he is told that "he should be responsible". When two different people get extremely different reactions in a similar event due to the rules being applied then there is something wrong with the rules if equality is something that we strive for.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you are a man, you don't have to risk your livelihood just to get your rocks off. Either invest in high-fi equipment designed just for the job (there's some really great innovations coming next year), get your male friends to help you out or just stick to using your hand. Until there is a way to dodge paying child support, you shouldn't have to put your income on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Men are more likely to win in court when they actually go to court.
    This is true: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...c76_story.html

There's also this: https://www.scfamilylaw.com/is-there...-custody-cases

"This means that only 4% of all custody cases went to trial and of that 4 percent, only 1.5% went through custody litigation, and also that a full 91% of custody cases are decided without the interference of supposedly 'biased' judges"

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Okay, now riddle me this, if woman are willing to risk dying over not getting children(the back ally abortions), why do you think that it is strange that males are willing to go as far as they do? (im not saying im okay with what this guy did, im saying that this should not be needed)
    You don't see how having something grow inside you when you don't want it is very different than a woman not getting an abortion when a man doesn't want a kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Having an abortion is taking responsibility. You ignored this earlier by saying "no that's just an action" which doesn't even fucking make sense as a counter argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Why shouldn't she have sex? Again, she's not the one trying to prevent herself from getting pregnant. In this scenario, she's fine with getting pregnant.
    I mean, you're arguing with people who think abortion is an enjoyable perk for women, and who call women irresponsible for keeping a baby the man doesn't want, and irresponsible for aborting a baby the man doesn't want (since it's not punitive enough), the same men who think they should be absolved of responsibility for making a baby they didn't want but refused to take any steps to prevent, and who never grasp the irony.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    You don't see how having something grow inside you when you don't want it is very different than a woman not getting an abortion when a man doesn't want a kid?
    Ueeh, yes i do see that, how can you even come to that conclusion here!? I never said that a woman should abort when a men doesn't want the child, i even explicitly stated this in that exact same post.

Woman will always have more choice in this matter, and that is okay. Arguing for everything to be the same just isn't realistic as the biology isn't the same. This means that woman can have children on their own, males cant, and that is okay.
    What part of this does in your mind suggest that a male should be able to force a woman into abortion???? I'm really at a loss here.

Ueeh, yes i do see that, how can you even come to that conclusion here!? I never said that a woman should abort when a men doesn't want the child, i even explicitly stated this in that exact same post.
    "Okay, now riddle me this, if woman are willing to risk dying over not getting children(the back ally abortions), why do you think that it is strange that males are willing to go as far as they do? (im not saying im okay with what this guy did, im saying that this should not be needed)"

Abortion is not just not getting children, it's about ending pregnancy. If women just didn't want kids they could put them up for adoption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    "Okay, now riddle me this, if woman are willing to risk dying over not getting children(the back ally abortions), why do you think that it is strange that males are willing to go as far as they do? (im not saying im okay with what this guy did, im saying that this should not be needed)"

Abortion is not just not getting children, it's about ending pregnancy. If women just didn't want kids they could put them up for adoption.
    Then why do we have abortions in the first place? I mean, if what you say is true should they then just not have sex if they do not want to become pregnant??

See thats the thing, i know preaching abstinence is stupid, but that is what you are doing here.

So again, it is about having a choice and males do not have one, why are you against males having the same choice as females have?

Then why do we have abortions in the first place? I mean, if what you say is true should they then just not have sex if they do not want to become pregnant??

See thats the thing, i know preaching abstinence is stupid, but that is what you are doing here.

So again, it is about having a choice and males do not have one, why are you against males having the same choice as females have?
    I am not preaching abstinence? You can have oral sex, you can have anal sex, there are various other sexual actions to do with someone that can't result in pregnancy. You can wear a condom, you can use other barrier protections. Pull out long before you are going to ejaculate and finish with oral. So many options yet so many men whining about pregnancy when you can do so much to avoid it on your own.