Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's like you all get amnesia or suffer some mental issue that makes you think, despite all experience to the contrary, that THIS TIME some magic will happen. Last time it was "They could announce at Gamescom!!!" and despite all of the logic against that, you refused to believe if. Well, BfA isn't going to arrive significantly earlier either.

Beta to release is about 5 months on average. They're not starting beta earlier than Feb. That would put a release in July. Even if they DID start beta in, say, the last week of January it's effectively the same thing. Legion released at the end of August 2016 so that would be 23 months... dead on average for most expansions.

Let's say that beta starts in mid January and lasts 4 months... that's May, again about where you'd expect it to be based on average expansion live (20-23 months).

Or let's say beta starts in April and again is about 5 months.... that's September. Getting a bit long but not terrible and 24-25 months.

That's your range. May-Sept. It's very unlikely to be much later than that or much earlier, no matter what you all might wish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Sith View Post
    This is basically what I'm trying to say, and you worded it so much better than I did, thanks!

I, personally, think Blizzard learned from "The Xpac that shall not be named" and since Legion has released, their content release schedule has been really efficient. Hopefully that bleeds over to Xpac releases.
    They've release content on the same pace as they did in TBC, LK etc. One complete cycle every 5 months. All they did... ALL they did was play mind games and break the raid and non-raid content apart. I think that's brilliant because there are a lot of people like you who feel like you got stuff faster when you didn't get more content faster, you just got the typical content but delivered in bits so they could give it to you more frequently. Same amount of content and thus work for them, but the players get something every 2.5 months vs a big drop of stuff but every 5 months.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    it's like you all get amnesia or suffer some mental issue that makes you think, despite all experience to the contrary, that THIS TIME some magic will happen. Last time it was "They could announce at Gamescom!!!" and despite all of the logic against that, you refused to believe if. Well, BfA isn't going to arrive significantly earlier either.

Beta to release is about 5 months on average. They're not starting beta earlier than Feb. That would put a release in July. Even if they DID start beta in, say, the last week of January it's effectively the same thing. Legion released at the end of August 2016 so that would be 23 months... dead on average for most expansions.

Let's say that beta starts in mid January and lasts 4 months... that's May, again about where you'd expect it to be based on average expansion live (20-23 months).

Or let's say beta starts in April and again is about 5 months.... that's September. Getting a bit long but not terrible and 24-25 months.

That's your range. May-Sept. It's very unlikely to be much later than that or much earlier, no matter what you all might wish.

- - - Updated - - -

They've release content on the same pace as they did in TBC, LK etc. One complete cycle every 5 months. All they did... ALL they did was play mind games and break the raid and non-raid content apart. I think that's brilliant because there are a lot of people like you who feel like you got stuff faster when you didn't get more content faster, you just got the typical content but delivered in bits so they could give it to you more frequently. Same amount of content and thus work for them, but the players get something every 2.5 months vs a big drop of stuff but every 5 months.
    Is it really necessary to be a jackass troll? Do you feel better about yourself? Hope so. Now get out of my thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closer than we think, shorter than we think

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Until there is a beta, assume that BFA will never release. It'll save you months of heartache.
    Truer words were never spoken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it really necessary to be a jackass troll? Do you feel better about yourself? Hope so.
    Aww, did I destroy your little tower of delusion? Sowwy... (not)

Now get out of my thread.
    AHAHAHAHA... you overestimate your importance. I'll comment where and when I like, thanks.

Next time someone presents an argument based on facts, try using facts to counter it. Or act like a fucking child, I don't care. it's just that the latter makes you look silly.

Is it really necessary to be a jackass troll? Do you feel better about yourself? Hope so. Now get out of my thread.
    I don't see anywhere that he was being a jackass. You may not like his opinion, but it is potentially valid. Also, you seem like a jerk asking someone to stop commenting on a public thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    I don't see anywhere that he was being a jackass. You may not like his opinion, but it is potentially valid. Also, you seem like a jerk asking someone to stop commenting on a public thread.
    Should read better. "It's like you all suffer from amnesia or some mental issue...".

Let's call each other retards to make our points. It's called ad hominem. People who don't agree with him are clearly idiots, retarded, or "some [other] mental issue".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Aww, did I destroy your little tower of delusion? Sowwy... (not)

AHAHAHAHA... you overestimate your importance. I'll comment where and when I like, thanks.

Next time someone presents an argument based on facts, try using facts to counter it. Or act like a fucking child, I don't care. it's just that the latter makes you look silly.
    Grow up kiddo.

Should read better. "It's like you all suffer from amnesia or some mental issue...".

Let's call each other retards to make our points. It's called ad hominem. People who don't agree with him are clearly idiots, retarded, or "some [other] mental issue"
    At no point did he use the word "retarded" or "idiot." You actually used the first attack. He also was not referring directly to you, either. Thank you for checking my reading comprehension skills, however. I do appreciate a good check-up.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    At no point did he use the word "retarded" or "idiot." You actually used the first attack. He also was not referring directly to you, either. Thank you for checking my reading comprehension skills, however. I do appreciate a good check-up.
    Don't worry I'll do it for everyone's sake.

OP you're a retarded idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    We haven't even seen any details from the Alpha yet...honestly I'm expecting it 4th quarter 2018

Not sure why anyone thinks it will be earlier than q4 2018; blizz already said this is their projected release date. The chances of it releasing early? Lol give me a break. These guys have the worst track record of dragging on last tiers for 12+ months. Id be happy if they managed to have it released prior to jan 2019.

Deleted
    Basically, TL;DR, might Blizzard be altering the typical release process we are used to? So far, signs point to yes. Obviously, anecdotal.
    nope, they wont and you have no point shown to prove your CLAIM.

One thing to keep in mind when making your predictions, is that we are not going to get entire class overhauls this expac. I remember entire specs like Destro not being available for months into the Legion alpha/beta.

That should, at least in theory, speed up the process, at least a little.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    One thing to keep in mind when making your predictions, is that we are not going to get entire class overhauls this expac. I remember entire specs like Destro not being available for months into the Legion alpha/beta.

Not really, since taking so long was probably never the fault of class overhauls. There are other factors rather than imbalanced classes (and it's not so that blizzard never released an expansion with a good class balance ;-) )

What might speed it up a tiny bit is that there is nothing new in the next expansion. Exception are warfronts, but they also might only be a glorified Garrison-Attack with a bit of Wintergrasp; and even this takes a lot of testing.

What takes the most time is QC.

And no, i don't expect an release before Q4; and even Q4 is quite optimistic (since this includes October too)
    Last edited by Velerios; 2017-12-18 at 06:11 AM.

I wouldn't say we're that close to BfA being released. The stuff in 7.3.5 isn't that far from what they said they'd like to do for a while. We've known they were going to have story patches after the last raid.

The Allied Races aren't that different from what we already have. Some have unique stances, but they're mostly reskinned existing races with unique hair, beards, voices, and other smaller customizations. They use the same animations as existing races, including dances and facial expressions. So, much of the work going into making these races is already done, cutting the time needed to release them quite drastically. Even then, Dark Irons and Zandalari aren't completely done yet - NPCs were datamined in the last build that use old models for Zandalari. While not an Allied Race, upright orcs aren't done yet for player models as well.

The two biggest features of BfA are the Warfronts and Island Expeditions. One was described as an RTS game in WoW, the other was said to have super smart NPCs that randomize each time. We certainly haven't seen anything like that in the PTR yet. The stuff that happens with Teldrassil and Undercity will most likely be the pre-event that will use one or both of these new scenarios to introduce the system, and we haven't seen anything about any of that in-game yet. Clearly, they have a lot of work to do as far as technology is concerned.

All of that, and there are still armor sets, raids, battlegrounds, dungeons, NPCs, zones, quests, Zandalari/Dark Iron acquisition, and the other usual things that need to be added into the expansion. Most of which we heard tiny snippets of at Blizzcon, and nothing since. Sure, we know about Azerite now, and the Allied Races are being introduced. Those are story elements to seamlessly transfer into BfA whenever it is ready. Remember, there still has to be an Alpha and Beta test period before, as well.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post

Since they are removing the artifact system, there will be work to be done on all classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimentoez View Post
    Well Blizzard did say at Blizzcon it would be released earlier than you think, but seems likes most people didn't listen, I stiil think it will either be a August or September release
    I Called it

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    HAHAHAHA.

Where's the Blizzard White Knights now?

12 months of Argus/Antorus. The content drought is real.
    If you count new leveling system as no content...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Uh, this will be the shortest final raid tier ever I think? Idk what you’re talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    HAHAHAHA.

Where's the Blizzard White Knights now?

12 months of Argus/Antorus. The content drought is real.
    I replied to you in another thread.

Four new allied races, one new BG and a zone with quests is not a drought. Unless you want to be dishonest.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines