Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Is a single player report enough for a suspension?

Hey guys,

The other night an immature raider kept saying the N-word in raid chat and /yell during our guild raid. Everyone seemed to be okay with it but he kept going and going with it. Eventually he said something about a rope and I told him I was going to report him. Everybody said "lol" but I reported him. Apparently he was suspended from the game and missed our raid. I was the only one to report him. Everyone else was laughing at his shenanigans through discord. We had to pug another tank. I don't want to be known as a wuss raider. He went way too far.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    He broke the chat rules of the game and is one of the main problems in WoW currently. You did the right thing by reporting the racist idiot for his language. Yes, it only takes one report. It might take more time for the report to reach the top of the list for the appropriate parties to review, but once they do, if a violation did occur, then the person committing it can be suspended and/or even banned depending on their history.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Depends on if you go through the ticket report or the chat system report, pretty sure the chat system report is automatic so it needs many reports, ticket report system generally gets handled by a GM though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd have taken the smooth run over morals any day.

If the chatlog showed that his actions were severe enough then yes a single report would be enough, however if the person is the type to also write such things in general or trade chat it is possible that other people not affiliated with your guild have reported him enough that the automated system got him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

The other night an immature raider kept saying the N-word in raid chat and /yell during our guild raid. Everyone seemed to be okay with it but he kept going and going with it. Eventually he said something about a rope and I told him I was going to report him. Everybody said "lol" but I reported him. Apparently he was suspended from the game and missed our raid. I was the only one to report him. Everyone else was laughing at his shenanigans through discord. We had to pug another tank. I don't want to be known as a wuss raider. He went way too far.
    Yes, a single report can also trigger a suspension, it is depending on what has been notified to Blizzard.

And well, he fucked up, so he got locked out, tough.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Its a SJW period, they take those reports seriously so they manually check them, a N.. word spammer gets banned quickly if its during work hours.

Otherwise multiple reports will trigger the auto-system either way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

If it is in guild, blizzard wont do anything, as they understand it could be jokes, and it comes onto the guild to dictate those.
    the issue is when he did it in /yell, making those even not in the guild able to see it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

5+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you are in a shit guild if he wasn't warned/kicked for that shit. I mean we're very casual in mine and we joke about all sorts of shit, but there are lines.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Its a SJW period, they take those reports seriously so they manually check them, a N.. word spammer gets banned quickly if its during work hours.

SJW or not, if you start randomly screaming NIGGERNIGGERNIGGERFAGGOTwhatever in a bar for no good reason, chances are someone's going to show you the short way to the door, if not just outright kick your ass. So I see no reason why the same should not apply in an online game. If, anything, the "period" is of pussies who think they can spout whatever shit online and, when confronted, answer with "it's just a joke" or "lol SJW" or "u triggered m8?". No respect for idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    SJW or not, if you start randomly screaming NIGGERNIGGERNIGGERFAGGOTwhatever in a bar for no good reason, chances are someone's going to show you the short way to the door, if not just outright kick your ass. So I see no reason why the same should not apply in an online game. If, anything, the "period" is of pussies who think they can spout whatever shit online and, when confronted, answer with "it's just a joke" or "lol SJW" or "u triggered m8?". No respect for idiots.
    I never said they arent idiots, also i live in a country were african or african american people are really rare so such a thing cant happen but i get your logic.

And no, blizzard has been in a SJW period for the last 2 years, those type of spammers always got banned after 2-3 days usually by a manual check of the logs, but for the last year especially if its during work hours of GMs for each represented area, the ban can come minutes after cause those reports have priority over more serious in-game matters.

Which is why i used the "SJW" term cause Blizzard is really going at it more than it should.

Gold farming auction bots are apparently less important than a 13 year old yelling a word a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he was going on like this in your group, its possible he was also doing this in other pugs/trade/etc. Just because you reported and he was suspended doesn't mean you were the only one to report him before Blizzard did their review.

Other people could have reported him silently. When I report someone, I don't feel the need to tell them in chat that I'm doing it. I just do it and block them.

There was a video a while back where a guy had 40 people report him all at once and he was insta-suspended. Then Blizzard came back and reviewed the situation and reinstated his account. So if you get enough reports all at once you're out. And if you get a single report, and a GM reviews it and finds you wrote the n word seventy-five times, you're also likely out.

I never said they arent idiots, also i live in a country were african or african american people are really rare so such a thing cant happen but i get your logic.

And no, blizzard has been in a SJW period for the last 2 years, those type of spammers always got banned after 2-3 days usually by a manual check of the logs, but for the last year especially if its during work hours of GMs for each represented area, the ban can come minutes after cause those reports have priority over more serious in-game matters.

Which is why i used the "SJW" term cause Blizzard is really going at it more than it should.

Gold farming auction bots are apparently less important than a 13 year old yelling a word a few times.
    Gold farming auction bots don't make people feel uncomfortable. Trust me, I'm the last person to care about the use of nigger, or really any other racial slurs, but from the story this dude would not stop and just continued to be an immature little shit. He could have been yelling ice cream and I probably would have reported him after a while, sometimes people need to shut their mouths.

I'm almost certain, when it comes to certain words, all it takes is one report (if any).

Blizz likely flags certain words (such as the "N Word" being used in public channels) and automatically "reports" the user even if nobody else does.

With that said.. You probably should've PMed him and asked him to stop first. Friction within a guild can cause issues, and they might've just "lol'd" when you said you were going to report him because they thought you were joking. It's very common for people to jokingly threaten to report someone (ever heard someone say something like "reported for reporting" in Trade?)

I'm not saying you were wrong in taking offense or anything. I would've asked him to stop too, but sometimes it's better to try and handle things man-to-man. Especially when it's not just some rando outside of LFG.

You should've sent him a PM and kindly asked him to stop as you don't like that word. Sometime people might surprise you and hopefully he would respect your wishes. If not then report him if you wish, and maybe find another guild.

Reporting for language in 2017. LUL

Unless he is directly offending someone I would never report anyone whatever they say. Things like this cause unwanted friction in guilds. I respect player skill not his behavior when most of the people are ok with it.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Chat logs are stored.
    If he kept at it as incessantly as you describe, that's pretty easy to identify.
    It doesn't matter that everyone else thought it was funny/ignored it.
    It violates rules, regardless of how people feel about the rules, so bye bye douche canoe.

Chances are he's gotten more than 1 report on his account. People behaving like retards tend to do so everywhere, and then they scream "SJW!!!" whenever they're held accountable for their retarded behaviour.

The people throwing around the term "SJW" are usually the sort of person that warrant suspensions and get clocked in the teeth when they're out among real people.

AKA, idiots with no filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The people throwing around the term "SJW" are usually the sort of person that warrant suspensions and get clocked in the teeth when they're out among real people.

AKA, idiots with no filter.
    Adorable, did i hit a nerve or something?

SJW is a mocking term for a reason, and yes i do not have a filter IRL, never got me into trouble, honesty isnt a bad thing.

Hey guys,

Yes, long story short I have had a 1 day and 3 day suspension for saying things in /Yell in the past both were from a single report. once in Vanilla and another in Wrath. It really doesn't take much if your stupid enough to type it out.