Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

What if blizzard decides No addons allowed for Classic?

Would you still play it?

Deleted
    1. It won't happen.

2. So why discuss this?

3. Yes.

I think it might be more fun with no add ons...

But I'm biased because I really didn't understand add ons so much until BC. I had a few but I feel like I don't remember which ones they were even.

5+ Year Old Account
    That wont happen and this is a stupid thread.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

It wouldn't matter. Fight mechanics were very simple in vanilla anyways. You don't really need add-ons and timers like you do now. The only thing that might suck not to have is threat meter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

I think no addons would be awesome. I would absolutely still play it.

This forum has become my favorite on MMO champion, read my signature for more thoughts on vanilla servers.

Plenty of add-ons were used in vanilla so I don't see why they would ban the use of them for classic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Would you still play it?
    It should be applied to retail too. A lot of addons these days are way too extreme and take knowledge/skill out of the game and display it on timers instead.
    Make boss/class mechanics more apperant but remove a lot of these handholding addons.

It's not like addons are needed for the content back then, so...

But, they won't prohibit the use of addons, so speculation is pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    It should be applied to retail too. A lot of addons these days are way too extreme and take knowledge/skill out of the game and display it on timers instead.
    Make boss/class mechanics more apperant but remove a lot of these handholding addons.
    If addons take knowledge and skill out of the game, how come so few ever amount to anything past Normal raids...?

Spoiler: Because they don't. You still gotta play your class vs the environment, and clearly that's too difficult to the vast majority of players even with all the addons given to us by the top percentage.

Fewer tools wouldn't translate into "more apparent boss mechanics", it'd translate into more simplistic boss fights to compensate for the fact that not even the very best of players can keep track of absolutely everything on top of performance and the performance of the others within a group.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-12-18 at 04:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    O.o....riiiiight.

Do you know how many times per week I spot nubcakes in groups that clearly don't have DBM and sabotage things for everyone else? And you think this should be MORE common? Sounds almost as if you might be one of these people.

Addons should not only be allowed but mandatory.
    Last edited by Animalhouse; 2017-12-18 at 04:16 PM.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    O.o....riiiiight.

Do you know how many times per week I spot nubcakes in groups that clearly don't have DBM and sabotage things for everyone else? And you think this should be MORE common? Sounds almost as if you might be one of these people.

Addons should not only be allowed but mandatory.
    The fact that you think DBM makes you good says volumes about your cognitive abilities.

DBM just made fights easier. You know...for dumb people who dont raid in progression guilds. You realize there are people who actually have to go out there, learn the fight, and beat the boss without DBM so that someone can program it for all you noobs who rely on it, right?

I am not to worried if they didn't allow them or not. Really not near the top of my worries.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Would be more interesting without addons.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Would you still play it?
    1. Won't happen.

2. Shit thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    The fact that you think DBM makes you good says volumes about your cognitive abilities.

DBM just made fights easier. You know...for dumb people who dont raid in progression guilds. You realize there are people who actually have to go out there, learn the fight, and beat the boss without DBM so that someone can program it for all you noobs who rely on it, right?
    When did I say DBM makes you good? Please tell me.

As I have quoted Chris Rock before, I will do it again. "You can drive a car with your feet if you want to, but it doesn't make it a good fucking idea".
    DBM is available for a reason. Even the best player can get distracted by shit going on in the room. It is just a damn good idea to use it...especially for lemmings that have issues with mechanics.

So...lemme guess, you to don't use DBM?
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post

LOL... every progression guild used/uses DBM... it became such a thing that Blizzard has pretty much created DBM announcements within raids along with dotted lines and such. Not to mention a dungeon journal to TELL you every single freaking thing the boss does.

There are plenty of other addons that became nearly "required" by raiding guilds including Threat and damage meters.

Blizzard made the addon API so that users could create/use addons they find helpful. They broke things in the API to prevent thins they felt were too powerful and added new things to expand it's usefulness.

Of course they should be part of Classic. It was there then, and should be now.
    Last edited by Maudib; 2017-12-18 at 07:34 PM.

If we play with the idea that addons somehow are disabled and taking note of how bad the default UI acually is. No, i whouldn't play Classic.
    But since that they won't be disabled. Yes, i whould play Classic.

As long as they let me have the ones to adjust the UI and bags they could force the rest out imo. Playing with the Blizzard UI is nearly torture, and so is dealing with those bags without a mod.

What a bizarre scenario.
    I myself whould lament the loss of dmg meters and threatmeters. Wait for 5 sunder-rule might become a thing again^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Lol today's add-ons alone are gonna destroy the "purist" vanilla experience some of you all seem to crave so much
    NO amount of addons is gonna destroy vanilla lol. Ppl had so many addons in vanilla that memoryspace started to become an issue.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2017-12-18 at 09:34 PM.