Thread: I hate Legion.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Well, I hate Legion past 7.2. Legion pre 7.2 was absolutely amazing.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Sucks to be you.

Legion's been an objective success, and they'll hopefully move forward following the same standards and not revert to what we had before MoP/during WoD ever again, whilst fixing the crap that's apparent shit tier in terms of decision-making.
    Thanks for the Joke of the Day
    /spit@Blizzard

OP, I am so completely there with you. 100% agreed with your statements.

Legion content has been fun. The new content additions, world quests, and mythic dungeons, great. Legion system design though, worst in WoW history.

Legion has been excellent. Thoroughly good expansion. Some RNG niggles pale in comparison to the overall enjoyment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesde View Post
    You had other grind to do.
    For example, in Vanilla you farm all day long on flasks to kill raid bosses with tactic easier then tactic in current lfr.

IMHO, tf, ap and m+ are definitely better things to do.

Let's imagine, that's in Legion we don't have RNG and ap grind. So what would we receive?

No point to go to m+ more then once for weekly cache very limited period of time.

No point at all to go into old raid tiers or other raid difficulties (alts are much harder to gear).

No point to do world quests at all after you earn exalted with all fractions.

You receive 2 bis leggos in first month and stop any farming after that.

When you gear up (without TF, it would be quite quickly), no point to play on your main until next raid.

So approximately since NH you raid or die. And for 95% players who don't participate in mythic raids it's nothing to do.
    Nothing to do - no subcribtion.
    Playerbase are vanish and addon are cutting down (we saw this at WOD).

Summarizing, if we don't have RNG, AP and TF, we receive second in row the worst addon in history of WOW.

Is that really necessary?
    What u say is wrong because that what happened literally in wrath, and player sub didn't 'drop', ppl started to play other alts or try harder progress (achievements for example) on main and so on
    So what will happen is exactly as happened in Wrath, compare it to WoD is bullsh8t because WoD had the least amount of content in game
    ppl were able to test Blackrock Foundary in the game beta, yet blizz delayed it to the amazing 'selfie' patch that even blizz is 50/50 on calling it an actual patch or not
    then u get hellfire citadel, which was good, but stayed for way too long, and unlike wrath where we had ruby sanc in middle to easy a little the long way, we had nothing, in fact if u compare patch 3.3 vs entire WoD, WoD content will be a 'little' more, just little
    So yes it is necessary, repeat the system that had the best time ever in terms of sub numbers at least in wow
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Thanks for the Joke of the Day
    Aaw, is your self-image harmed by the fact that a product you don't enjoy is a success both financially and critically?

Like I said: Sucks to be you. In your case, that's doubled.
    That being said, not sure why I see your posts when I put your sorry ass on ignore ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Artoria View Post
    I hate having 9 of my 15 gear slots filled with items that it's impossible to replace.
    I hate having to use 4 pieces of gear that aren't even from the current raid tier.
    I hate having to farm legendaries on alts so they don't feel drab and useless.
    I hate having to get 3 weapons to drop instead of one and then having to pray that all 3 roll good in the crucible.

I hate Legion... but I don't hate everything about legion.

The raids have been amazing, the dungeons have been great, and the questing has been one of the best in any expansion if not the very best. The mage tower challenges were interesting, fun, and challenging when they were first released(most of them anyway.) Mythic plus dungeons are fun and have amazing replayability, but after a certain point it feels pointless to do them unless you want to entirely rely on rng. I feel like some legendaries really create an interesting spin on some classes' play styles and the artifact traits and even the skins are amazing.

I'm done questing, my item level is reaching a point where the only benefit I would gain from M+ them would be the CHANCE at a titanforge, and in a few weeks my guild will be done with mythic Antorus. For the first time since I was 7, I'm honestly beginning to feel like WoW is boring. Even during WoD I never felt this way. I could just play any random alt I wanted and even if I wasn't the most geared I knew it wouldn't take me 12+ weeks to even be decent.

I know you guys have probably heard this a million times by now, and some of you may even be feeling it yourselves but I just wanted to vent my frustrations before I lie down. All in all... I Hate Legion. And I sincerely hope Battle For Azeroth brings new enjoyment into the game.
    All the things you dislike are things I enjoy.

I mean, I enjoyed Legion, but the Legendary system was just fucking garbage RNG that needs to stay in Diablo 3. That was the main thing that made me quit playing D3: endless farming for RNG legendaries. Just doing boring and repetitive activities over and over and over, just for a *chance* at getting a legendary....and then when it finally does drop, it's a garbage legendary that goes straight into the bank.

Like seriously why are there even bad legendaries? Half of these legendaries make me think "how the everloving FUCK did this piece of garbage even make it past alpha, let alone beta and release??"

World quests were a nice idea, but they got very stale and repetitive very quickly. Once I hit exalted with all reps, I had no reason to do them anymore, as the gear rewards were crap, and I didn't have much use for the currencies.

Class balance was also crap as usual, with Shadow Priest getting shafted for yet another expansion, being garbage at everything except pure single target fights....but then they nerfed that talent and now Shadow is garbage at everything except fights where there's always 2+ targets up. Disc got weird balancing and became awkward to play, and Holy got fucked in the mobility department. Once more Druid and Paladin and Shaman continue to be the best at everything and have a fuckton of utility while Priest and Monk have barely any.

Now that Blizz is making official vanilla servers though, fuck retail, I'm done. I'd much rather play on a version of the game that I know isn't going to fuck over class balance at any given patch or implement a whole bunch of shitty RNG just to keep you playing longer.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another one of these threads. Okay. *sigh*

You first point is kind of irrelevant. You've always been unable to replace tier until the next tier. The two legendary slots I'll give you, but by this point you should pretty much have them all anyway.

You don't have to farm shit on alts? I'm not sure where you' getting that idea from. Your first two legendaries you get from barely even playing, and those are good enough. Even if you get two garbage utility legendaries in most cases that's not the difference between top and bottom of the pack.

Agree about the crucible.

Have to laugh at the replies about Titanforging. Yeah it's an inconvenience for those of us that raid Mythic, beyond that it's completely fine unless you subscribe to some youtube snake oil salesman that tells you TF is bad for you. It doesn't make sense for a business to cater to us anymore though, we're 3% of the population, and we're not going anywhere. We have nowhere to go for good PvE content, so we're going to be here whether they cater to us or not. The plebs are far more fickle. So TF is staying, and I'm fine with that.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Aaw, is your self-image harmed by the fact that a product you don't enjoy is a success both financially and critically?

Like I said: Sucks to be you. In your case, that's doubled.
    That being said, not sure why I see your posts when I put your sorry ass on ignore ages ago.
    Keep up the good Blizz white knighting. Everyone knows your autistic posts are not worth shit here.
    /spit@Blizzard

Deleted
    I kinda don't, since they were the actual reason for Warcraft.

So ironic.

Deleted
    So, you really like Legion, only hate gearing system? Seems like Blizzard made good expansion

You maybe correct that people saying "if you don't like game x, don't play it" does not CAUSE people leaving the game.
    But there is definitely correlation (which doesn't proof it, but this is not a science thread). And as I pointed out, these kind of comment is exactly what is left in dying games forum. Besides my point about him bitching other people bitching is true enough.

EDIE : SCREW It, now that I kind of remember more about that warhammer online forum, those people that comment about "if you don't like it leave" from the beginging to the end ALL contributed to the demise of the game".
    Last edited by gobio; 2017-12-19 at 02:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I feel indifferent about the mechanics of legion.

I get most of my enjoyment from raiding with my crew - So the rest, to me, is just wrapping paper.

I guess that the legendary system has only really bought me frustration over the course of this xpac. I only recently got my BiS leggo, and it was dead last (because of course). But I don't dislike it to the level of hate.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    You maybe correct that people saying "if you don't like game x, don't play it" does not CAUSE people leaving the game.
    But there is definitely correlation (which doesn't proof it, but this is not a science thread). And as I pointed out, these kind of comment is exactly what is left in dying games forum. Besides my point about him bitching other people bitching is true enough.

EDIE : SCREW It, now that I kind of remember more about that warhammer online forum, those people that comment about "if you don't like it leave" from the beginging to the end ALL contributed to the demise of the game".
    It happened on the SWG forums as well when that game was in it's slide when WoW came out. Ultimately the masses leaving caused them to do the NGE which just destroyed the game completely and even those that had been saying that got up and left. In the MMO world you gotta be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

That said Legion is ok. It got dull once it became obvious that the only thing really being added were just more WQ's and a raid with every patch. Yeah you would get a bit of story, but it seemed like the longer things went the less actual story you got. It just got really repetitive, and not in a good way. In the past you had grinds, but there was always more or less a finishing point, Legion doesn't really have that, you just go until you can't take it anymore.

Added to the above, when you get on an alt for some reason or another it's just not a ton of fun, and I think it's mainly because the things you need to do on the alt, you are still mostly doing on the main, you've just doubled the amount you are doing it. I guess it's ok if you only have a main and maybe one alt, but I've played my alts less this expansion than I have in any expansion since Vanilla. For me that's not good, for others that may be ok.

Legion for me goes down as a solid xpac, but that may just because we just came out of the crapfest that was WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintlel View Post
    People have been saying that about any game, at any period in it's lifespan

You're being completely asinine by even insinuating your anecdote means anything, because Vanilla even had people saying that, people said that about League of Legends, people say that about any fucking game

MMOC is a cesspool of whining about this game lmao what the fuck is your imaginary land of fanboyism, all I see on here is a more negative official forums, and that's saying something
    Dude, just look at this thread. Look at this thread. You see the number of FBs jumping on TS like a pack of hungry hounds just because he had some valid criticisms? There are countless other threads where people get roasted by FBs just because they had some minor misgivings about the game. This is a FB site no question.
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2017-12-19 at 08:21 AM.