Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    This might begin to make sense if the movie was made for a fictional character (Rey) and not an audience that has seen 7 previous SW films. RJ is an idiot.
    Maybe you're an idiot for thinking you're a screenwriter/director/producer, or for calling other people idiots.

Unfortunately (for you), the movie was made for a total SW junkie like me, but also for my 7-year-old son who ALSO has no clue who Darth Plagueis or anyone else is in deeper lore. I'm glad my son loves it. He's already seen it twice, and loved it both times... although he thinks it's a little long... meaning he wouldn't need some stupid-ass Darth Plagueis or Rey Skywalker/Kenobi storyline that means nothing in the long run. Only the internet 'wants' that.

I loved the movie. Thought the direction of the story is awesome. The internet decided those things were important, and the internet was wrong. Boo hoo.

It's a fantastic entry into the Star Wars universe.
    Last edited by Leadsop; 2017-12-18 at 05:22 PM.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    After being shot by Leia. He tried to undermine Holdor's authority from the very second she took control and he was demoted for being a hothead.
    And rightly so. He was in no way entitled to knowing about the plan after getting demoted. Not only was he disobedient, but he arguably was the main reason why the Resistance was almost wiped out after losing all of those bombers, leaving them with no other options but to keep sacrificing ship after ship just to delay the First Order. I really appreciate that they did not make Holdor the person in the wrong here as well as showed that people in higher command are in their positions for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

This is my current train of thought on Star Wars universe after this movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    And if you rate the Prequal Exposition Wars, and Rogue Fan Service One above the current Trilogy, get outa here!
    Star Wars was created by George Lucas. This trilogy is fan fiction. Rogue One wasn't fan service. It told a deeper story about an event we already knew about. TFA and TLJ were the fan service.

You get out of here. People like you are what ruined Star Wars and forced Lucas to hand it over to the "white slavers" at Disney (his words, not mine).
    Last edited by The Iron Fist; 2017-12-18 at 05:40 PM.

It's extremely difficult to make a hit movie.

And then to appease all of the fans some of whom became fans in 1976, that's border line impossible.

Star Wars is basically Flash Gordon with some religion thrown in, plot holes are a given in the genre, it doesn't make a lot of sense to nit pick something like that.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Star Wars was created by George Lucas. This trilogy is fan fiction. Rogue One wasn't fan service. It told a deeper story about an event we already knew abou. TFA and TLJ were the fan service.

You get out of here. People like you are what ruined Star Wars and forced Lucas to hand it over to the "white slavers" at Disney (his words, not mine).
    Do you consider all of the Legends EU to be fan fiction as well (including KoToR, etc), or has Star Wars to you only been the movies, and nothing but the movies?
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Do you consider all of the Legends EU to be fan fiction as well, or has Star Wars to you only been the movies, and nothing but the movies?
    Anything created by George Lucas is Star Wars, love it or hate it. The people that pressured him to hand it over are ridiculous. You'd never hear people upset with WoW to hand it over to another studio because they'd do it better. WoW is a Blizzard game. If you stop liking it, move on. That's the way people should have taken the prequels. I wish George hadn't given in to them, but one person can only take so many death threats over fiction, so I understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are making an argument though. You're making the argument that Rey is a "Mary Sue" because she can do everything when "Anakin needed all this training".

It's established in the story how Rey can do the things she can do.
    Wasn't it established in The Force Awakens that Rey had her memories and force powers locked away by someone?

With that in mind, I believe there is more to Rey's ability to use the force than people are discussing. Which is why it irks me that her parents are just junkers.

On that point, the entire connection between Rey and Kylo was fabricated by Snoke. How do we know that the information they told each other wasn't also fabricated by Snoke?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay saw this movie on Saturday. What the movie does right get over shadowed by the many things it does wrong.

Right: Kylo and Rey grew as characters. Too be honest Kylo was probably the best character in TLJ. Seeing Luke being a broken man was dramatic and believable.

Wrong: Boring and Long. I didn't care about the people on the rebel side. I found myself cheering on the FO with each scene and sub plot. What was the deal with fuel? Oh that's right ... a plot device. But the rebel ships are faster the the FO ... oh another plot device. Out of range? Another cheesy plot device. Basically stuff that never existed in movies are used to try and put together a horrible plot - a movie about trying to escape the barrage of turbolaser fire with sprinkled in comic relief.

And what was the purpose of Snoke? No back story? Did he really die? I can't beleive they are just going to end him like that without answering all the questions.

And once again the critics are full of shit. More proof that 1) they have no business being critics and 2) don't want to get uninvited to the fun Disney parties.

Oh and Leia flowing through space ... she should of just died out there.

C+

Last edited by zEmini; 2017-12-18 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Anything created by George Lucas is Star Wars, love it or hate it. The people that pressured him to hand it over are ridiculous.
    Wait, who pressured George into selling Star Wars? Have any sources for that, cause that's never something I've ever seen come up. As far as I'm aware, George was pissy after the prequels because fans hated what he did and he felt as though "no one gets him", and that he eventually sold the rights to Disney because he didn't want to deal with it anymore.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The acting has never been better in a Star Wars movie.
    What was wrong with the acting in the original 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Wasn't it established in The Force Awakens that Rey had her memories and force powers locked away by someone?
    There was a lot of fan speculation that this might have been the case, but no, unless I'm forgetting something that was never established.

With that in mind, I believe there is more to Rey's ability to use the force than people are discussing. Which is why it irks me that her parents are just junkers.

On that point, the entire connection between Rey and Kylo was fabricated by Snoke. How do we know that the information they told each other wasn't also fabricated by Snoke?
    To your last point, we don't know that Snoke wasn't messing with Kylo's visions as well as Rey's, so it's very possible that Snoke fed the vision of Rey's parents being junkers.

Honestly, the fact that Rey is a nobody is actually pretty awesome. We've been led to believe all this time that powerful Jedi are the result of legacies. The Force "created" Anakin to be their champion, Yoda comes from a race of force-strong beings, etc etc. And if you think about it, the Jedi code forbid emotional attachments, so it doesn't make sense that force sensitivity is hereditary. Rey coming from nothing, while Ben came from the lineage of The Chosen One - and that the two balance each other - creates a pretty amazing dynamic both story-wise and lore-wise.

As for Rey's power - Snoke, while they're in his throne room, says that as the dark side rises in Kylo Ren, the light rises to meet it, and that he incorrectly assumed that Luke was the source of that rise in the light when it's actually Rey. That's a pretty strong implication that the light power inside Rey is rising to balance against Kylo Ren's darkness. The force wants to be in balance, so this makes sense.
    Last edited by Krigaren; 2017-12-18 at 05:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Ofc she knew otherwise it would not been in the movie.
    She also knew to Jedi mindtrick.
    She also knew to battle with a Lightsaber.
    She also knew to make rocks fly.
    She also knew to Force pull lightsaber.
    She also knew to swim in water but never left a desert planet.

So yeah i am alrdy know that Rey knows everything what the story needs.
    She is the greatest Jedi ever Anakin Skywalker is a joke compaired to her with all the training he needed.
    The only really impressive thing on that list is being able to swim.
    If your strong in the force a mind trick isn’t hard and I think she saw kylo do it but I might be wrong there.
    Fighting with a light saber wouldn’t be hard if you had trained like she did with her stick.
    Lifting rocks is like the most basic force ability.
    Force pulling isn’t above lifting rocks in how basic it is hell we even see the kid do it with a broom at the end.
    Swimming is bull your right about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for Rey's power - Snoke, while they're in his throne room, says that as the dark side rises in Kylo Ren, the light rises to meet it, and that he incorrectly assumed that Luke was the source of that rise in the light when it's actually Rey. That's a pretty strong implication that the light power inside Rey is rising to balance against Kylo Ren's.
    Which is why I did like the idea that Rey is a nobody. It implies the canon regarding the Rule of Two, the less force wielders in the Galaxy, the more powerful the users become individually.

Right now, there is literally no one else trained in the Force even partially aside from Ben and Rey; Ben has become the Dark side incarnate while Rey is the Light.

If anyone remembers, it is also reminiscent of that one Clone Wars episode where Anakin and Obi-Wan are stuck in this cosmic 'holding cell' for the Physical manifestations of the Force, The story goes they were physical representations of the force in mortal form IIRC, The Father was the Balance, the son was the Dark Side, and the Daughter the Light Side.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Which is why I did like the idea that Rey is a nobody. It implies the canon regarding the Rule of Two, the less force wielders in the Galaxy, the more powerful the users become individually.

Right now, there is literally no one else trained in the Force even partially aside from Ben and Rey; Ben has become the Dark side incarnate while Rey is the Light.
    Trained? You are right. But force sensitive? The ending scene showed that there are more force users out there ala the child who uses the force on the broom.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    This might begin to make sense if the movie was made for a fictional character (Rey) and not an audience that has seen 7 previous SW films. RJ is an idiot.
    Ya the movie should be made to tell a story not to explain stuff to fans that the characters wouldn’t care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    If anyone remembers, it is also reminiscent of that one Clone Wars episode where Anakin and Obi-Wan are stuck in this cosmic 'holding cell' for the Physical manifestations of the Force, The story goes they were physical representations of the force in mortal form IIRC, The Father was the Balance, the son was the Dark Side, and the Daughter the Light Side.
    Yepyep, and the Son tried to get Anakin to turn to the dark side, but it was only by Anakin harnessing the power of both the darkness and the light that was present all around them, that he was able to overpower both the Son and the Daughter. Which is why The Father wanted Anakin to take his place as the balance to keep the light and the dark in check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Trained? You are right. But force sensitive? The ending scene showed that there are more force users out there ala the child who uses the force on the broom.
    There are force sensitives, but without training they cannot harness the Force like a Jedi or Sith did. The Rule of two implies the untapped collective power of the force is what gave them their influence. Much akin to the idea if too many people are on the line, interference is going to happen and cause the connection to be weaker.

Too many jedi and sith tapping into the force weakens it as a whole. The less being able to directly use it, the more power one individual can utilize from it.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I am not making an argument i am saying Rey knows and can do anything.
    You that goes for any character in star wars right? Obi wan can magically beat Maul anni can magically blow up space stations as a kid. I personally don’t like Rey but they have always been magickly doing stuff they have no right to be doing.