Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    If this has been covered already feel free to delete this post.

Ok, so we know we are getting 4 of the 6 allied races early before the xpac.I understand why and how it fits the lore.But!
    The plain and simple truth of it is this just feels wrong.Think about it this way.What do you want to do when you get the xpac?
    level a toon from 20 to 110 for the transmog that comes with it?Or do you want to get from 110 to 120 and start seeing all the
    new things added in the expac?If you are just playing to play then i guess THe 20 to 110 is the way to go.However, if you are like a vast majority
    you will be chugging through the new content to hit 120 and start gearing up and doing all the max level content in preparation for the raid.

So if you are looking to level a Zandalari Troll or a DarkIron Dwarf and get that sweet transmog well you are going to have to wait till the expac hits.
    While the LightForged Daenei,Void Elves,High Mountain Tauren,and the Nightborne will get to do this way before the expac is out.
    it just feels wrong to do this to people looking to play the Zandalari and DarkIron.
    The expansion is most likely going to come with a free character boost, so you'll be able to get a 110 Zandalari Troll or Dark Iron Dwarf on day one. If you mostly care about being able to play the expansion content right away, it doesn't really matter all that much that you won't get the heritage armor from leveling 20 to 120. Ultimately the only part that is inconvenient is purely cosmetic and I feel like most people should be able to live with that.

"I'm getting something in a video game but it's not enough, here's an extremely expanded reason why even though what it boils down to is I'm an entitled brat."

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    nice thinly veiled "Allied races cost us a raid tier" comment

To the OP, my guess is the new races are faction/story related and will require a quest line related to the actual story of BfA
    I'm not mad about it, but it looks like we are expected to level races instead of having a weak ass raid tier, I actually much prefer the whole getting new races. I wish they did this at the end of every expansion (giving us access to some of the factions we just got done blowing for rep to play as) instead of their being a comically long content drought. And I don't think it cost us a tier, as much as it actually gives us something to do

But why would the Zandalari be an allied race before we've been to, you know, Zandalar?

The lore still has to make sense.

Ok, so we know we are getting 4 of the 6 allied races early before the xpac.I understand why and how it fits the lore.But!
    The plain and simple truth of it is this just feels wrong.Think about it this way.What do you want to do when you get the xpac?
    level a toon from 20 to 110 for the transmog that comes with it?Or do you want to get from 110 to 120 and start seeing all the
    new things added in the expac?If you are just playing to play then i guess THe 20 to 110 is the way to go.However, if you are like a vast majority
    you will be chugging through the new content to hit 120 and start gearing up and doing all the max level content in preparation for the raid.
    So if you are looking to level a Zandalari Troll or a DarkIron Dwarf and get that sweet transmog well you are going to have to wait till the expac hits.
    While the LightForged Daenei,Void Elves,High Mountain Tauren,and the Nightborne will get to do this way before the expac is out.
    it just feels wrong to do this to people looking to play the Zandalari and DarkIron.
    Shut up... If it aint obvious enough, everyone is going to play the BfA content when it comes out and not bother redoing the 1-110 content with the allied races.

Adding 4/6 allied races is a perfect way to keep people subbed and let people lvl them without a rush.

The plain and simple truth of it is this just feels wrong.
    That's your only reason for making this post. Your hurt feelings. Try as I might, I can't really feel sorry for you, since each and every expansion so far has had gated content. Just because that happens to be something you like this time, doesn't make your point any more valid.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I mean, one is a new model that's already mostly done and was shown at Blizzcon, the other is a reskin of the current dwarves.

There's nothing to cut.
    Zandalari trolls aren't even a new model, they have been in-game since MoP I think, definitely saw some NPCs in Legion and the female version seems like a reskin/recolor of the current troll model, so there's even that.

I have no idea how the Dark Iron fit into this - and probably Blizzard does not, either, because it is a very poor choice as an "Allied Race" - but to unlock Zandalari you will most likely need a lvl120 character who has finished Zandalar for the story to unlock them to make any sense.

"The Horde helped us save our lands! Join them!"

...how would that work before you even enter Zandalar? Let alone Zandalar even being in the game.

A lot of people will throw "baiting paid race change!" at Blizzard...but in this particular case i simply don't know how it would make any sense to access Zandalari sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    But why would the Zandalari be an allied race before we've been to, you know, Zandalar?

This is absolutely right, but you've opened up Pandora's box because now we get to speculate how the Dark Iron fit into this limitation because they're kind of around now...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post

Whilst I don't agree with OP they could've easily spun that so that it would've made sense. Like Zandalari coming to Orgrimmar on some boats to ask for help or whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Firen View Post
    Whilst I don't agree with OP they could've easily spun that so that it would've made sense. Like Zandalari coming to Orgrimmar on some boats to ask for help or whatnot.
    But the Zandalari have no standing relationship with us. Look at what we went through to get Highmountain and Nightborn to join us.

Ok, so we know we are getting 4 of the 6 allied races early before the xpac.
    Do we? Can you link your proof please?

Because all I have seen is people hoping for it and Blizzard stating explicitly that we were going to start seeing things for BfA datamined.

I suspect that we will unlock the quests to unlock the four Legion races prior to BfA, but if there is some proof that we will unlock the playable races I'd like to see it.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by Dromes View Post
    Zandalari trolls aren't even a new model, they have been in-game since MoP I think, definitely saw some NPCs in Legion and the female version seems like a reskin/recolor of the current troll model, so there's even that.
    Much like the Nightborne, quite some work is needed to adapt those models to be playable. But the thing is, they were already ready in the demo. There were dozens of NPCs wearing gear the way player models do.

The Dark Iron are the only ones we haven't actually seen, but, while they may have some details we don't know about, they should for the most part just reuse the existing dwarf skeleton and model, and just offer different hairstyles and beards. Maybe some extra feature like scars, but nothing that puts them in the cutting board.

It's precisely because of how ready these two should be by now, that their absence in the files of 7.3.5 points towards the other four being a preorder bonus. Apart from the fact that these four are directly tied to the story of Legion, not BfA...

Quote Originally Posted by Lemondish View Post
    This is absolutely right, but you've opened up Pandora's box because now we get to speculate how the Dark Iron fit into this limitation because they're kind of around now...
    I expect them to develop some storyline about the Dark Irons, or a faction within them, finally joining the Alliance after something happens in Blackrock. While they're technically part of the Alliance now, the few events in which they've appeared have proven that many of them don't really follow Moira. There may be another leader in Blackrock who's secretly undermining the Council, and probably a servant of the Old Gods/Ragnaros. Unmasking and defeating him would be a good turning point for the Dark Irons.

The Wildhammer, on the other hand, are, and have historically been part of the Alliance. If they end up becoming another Allied Race, I don't know what will be their excuse.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-12-18 at 06:37 PM.

Where has it been confirmed that we're getting them early/ before the expac? I know it would make sense, I just haven't seen a source that outright says "X races are being released as part of Patch 7.X prior to the release of Battle for Azeroth."

Deleted
    Oh no, so you mean that we can't get the entirety of a major feature of the newest unreleased expansion before its launch?

I mean, seriously, they are giving most of them before the launch and still instead of being happy because you get to play most of the races before it you whine about not all of them being released before the actual release date (which by the way is called release date for a reason)? And this is without even mentioning the fact that they don't really fit in lore-wise since they are supposedly a major part of the new expansion's storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I'm not mad about it, but it looks like we are expected to level races instead of having a weak ass raid tier, I actually much prefer the whole getting new races. I wish they did this at the end of every expansion (giving us access to some of the factions we just got done blowing for rep to play as) instead of their being a comically long content drought. And I don't think it cost us a tier, as much as it actually gives us something to do
    Ahh I gotcha, now I follow. Ya I am right there with you. I enjoy playing alts and leveling them, so 7.3.5 will be very nice. not only is it new races but a hopefully more fun leveling experience.

10+ Year Old Account

I see nothing wrong with them releasing new races with expansion... I mean they are the expansion's new races. If anything you should be thankful that they are letting you play most of the expansion's new races before the expansion comes out. That's never been offered before (see BELFs/Draeneis/Worgens/Goblins/Pandas).
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Much like the Nightborne, quite some work is needed to adapt those models to be playable. But the thing is, they were already ready in the demo. There were dozens of NPCs wearing gear the way player models do.

The Dark Iron are the only ones we haven't actually seen, but, while they may have some details we don't know about, they should for the most part just reuse the existing dwarf skeleton and model, and just offer different hairstyles and beards. Maybe some extra feature like scars, but nothing that puts them in the cutting board.

It's precisely because of how ready these two should be by now, that their absence in the files of 7.3.5 points towards the other four being a preorder bonus. Apart from the fact that these four are directly tied to the story of Legion, not BfA...

I expect them to develop some storyline about the Dark Irons, or a faction within them, finally joining the Alliance after something happens in Blackrock. While they're technically part of the Alliance now, the few events in which they've appeared have proven that many of them don't really follow Moira. There may be another leader in Blackrock who's secretly undermining the Council, and probably a servant of the Old Gods/Ragnaros. Unmasking and defeating him would be a good turning point for the Dark Irons.

The Wildhammer, on the other hand, are, and have historically been part of the Alliance. If they end up becoming another Allied Race, I don't know what will be their excuse.
    Techinally speaking, Dark Irons have been in the game since Vanilla wow. Every enemy dark iron we've ever faced is based on the player model. That said the choices will obviously be expanded for players. They require the least amount of work compared even to Void elves, which at their core are reskined blood elves (Which actully are whole new models, as evidenced due to difference in body shape). They're the least likely race to get cut.

I understand that four races are looking very completed in data mining but has there actually been any clarification that these races will actually arrive before 8.0? We saw kul'tiras quest sets in 7.2. Being in the game files is zero baring on what is actually available.

The only thing we have actually seen is that allied races are a feature in BfA, stop spreading rumors based on your assumptions.

You won't even be able to play Dark Iron / Zandalari on expansion launch. You'll have to unlock them first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post
    I understand that four races are looking very completed in data mining but has there actually been any clarification that these races will actually arrive before 8.0? We saw kul'tiras quest sets in 7.2. Being in the game files is zero baring on what is actually available.

The only thing we have actually seen is that allied races some with BfA, stop spreading rumors based on your assumptions.
    People are just assuming, I'm personally assuming they won't launch til launch.