Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I had such high hopes after Rogue One.

*sigh*

This franchise is done for me.

No it isn't, you'll go see the next one just like the rest of us. lol

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    This movie was so fucking boring, and it felt like nothing of consequence really happened.

Luke's "death" had me cracking up.
    Sorry that youre dead inside.

Nothing of consequence happened except the Resistance being wiped out. No big deal.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Why does he have to be a Jedi to do something about his aunt and uncle?
    I'll tell you what, go see the movie yourself. (The hero worship of his father and the Jedi Order comes across as pretty obvious)

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Don't have the book right here now, but this is what Wookiepedia says:

"Inside the walker, Rey also had a computer display from an old BTL-A4 Y-wing assault starfighter/bomber that she used to learn alien languages, study the schematics of Republic and Imperial starships, and run flight simulations in order to hone her skills as a pilot. Her ability to understand alien languages, including the binary language of droids, helped her when off-worlders came to Niima Outpost. Two such off-worlders were Wookiees, who regaled her with the stories of the famed Wookiee smuggler-turned-Rebel fighter Chewbacca. She learned of Chewbacca's exploits, as well as those of his friend and fellow smuggler Han Solo. Studying schematics to learn how ships worked was also an important part of her survival on Jakku. She recognized almost all of the Republic and Imperial vessels that could be found in the Graveyard, including what roles they played in combat, the types of weapons they were armed with, their models and classes, and how many crew members each one had. She learned this not just through studying schematics on her computer, but also by climbing through and exploring the ships and tinkering with their systems. This let her know what each part was, what it could do, whether it worked, and, most importantly, whether it would carry any value in Niima Outpost."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rey

It is a pretty solid explanation, Rey is pretty much a simulator veteran (more than ten years of training) by the start of TFA.
    Again, it does help explain it, but 10 years of sims doesn't make you one of the best pilots in the universe or there would be a whole lot of 'best pilots'.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    No it isn't, you'll go see the next one just like the rest of us. lol
    I've been told that about the Marvel movie shit too...
    And I haven't really bothered with any of them this year except Deadpool, Logan, and that Apocalypse one.

The only Marvel movie I want to see is Black Panther. And that's pretty much it.

You do know that originally Luke was planning on joining the Empire, right? He didn't give two shits about the Jedi Order.
    And what happened...? Follow it logically, and get away from the nonsense that this Last Jedi was...

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    This is a shit review, it doesn't actually make any legitimate, constructive points. It just says the film is bad and hopes you agree. And also, calling Disney the "Disney Social Justice Empire" kind of shows a good deal of ignorance because they're one of the few massive media companies that hasn't gone fully politically correct. I challenge someone to point out one scene that could be construed as 'social justice-y'. Of course I'm willing to take on board reviews that actually try to articulate what was wrong and why they think that, but nearly every negative review I've read has been 100% emotion and just screeching "BAD MOVIE REEEE" and no actual logic within. Sorry.
    Totally agree, I really like how Disney is portraying traditionally marginalized groups. I honestly feel that Rey is an equal and incredibly cool character without being artificially elevated for political purposes. She's a great character.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You're absolutely right, and its called double standards. Like, its totally okay when a male character is OP because all the insecure nerds can project themselves onto that. Its the same reason most game protagonists are white males.

But Rey is a girl, so her being competent at things makes her a Mary Sue and subject to exaggeration.
    Because a guy who spent his whole life training in the force, first under Luke and then under Snoke, doing force feats makes him a Mary Sue.

But a girl who spent approximately no time whatsoever training in the force, accomplishing the same feats, even surpassing the aforementioned guy with training. Not a Mary Sue!

Makes perfect sense.

Except that, you know, she was also force sensitive.
    The things Rey did were cooler than the things Mara Jade did and she had more experience and was also force sensitive (you know, what with being the personal hand of palpatine).
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Makes perfect sense.
    Don't forget young Anakin flying in space, destroying starbases and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Don't forget young Anakin flying in space, destroying starbases and shit.
    Yeah that shit was dumb. Those movies blew.
    -Darsithis

Come on, list the reasons Luke had for becoming a Jedi.
    If you don't know the movie then I suggest you get to it.
    If nothing else, it at least makes sense. Unlike the shit playing now.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Sorry that youre dead inside.

Nothing of consequence happened except the Resistance being wiped out. No big deal.
    Only the parts of the Resistance that we saw in the movie.

You really think the bad guys are going to win?

10+ Year Old Account
    - He is force sensitive.
    - His father was a Jedi.
    - He has nothing else to go back to.
    - It allows him to help his friends.
    - Its his destiny n shiettt.

7+ Year Old Account
    "I want to come with you to Alderaan. There's nothing for me here now. I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father."

Think that quote sums it up tbf

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    So when they blew up the bridge and Leia used the force to fly back into it, how did they not get sucked out into space when they opened the door to get her?

How did Finn not die when he flew directly into the battering ram cannon’s beam with an open cockpit ship? They showed us that it was heating up the blast door.
    The ship still had a force field, which i assume went into emergency mode to cover that part of the ship when it got damaged. Might have to watch that scene again. As for Finn. I think he should have died for no reason there. But just because its hot does not mean you should die. Although yea the metal stuff was getting wrecked. Maybe the part of the ship he was in was on the outside of the beam. Think of the center as the hottest point which makes sense and hes looking at the right part of the ship which is receiving the most intense heat. Honestly your nitpicking tho.

- His father was a Jedi.

Literally only thing on that list that Rey doesn't have word for word common with Luke, and even that is subject to debate as Kylo might just have been lying to Rey.

Though I'm more inclined to believe that Rey is special because for a time, she was the only person(that we know of) in the galaxy who was connected to the light side of the Force.
    Snoke gives the only reason we need as to why Rey is not only so powerful but is so connected to the light side of the Force. "Darkness rises, and Light to meet it. Kylo I knew a powerful rival would emerge, Skywalker I assumed, wrongly."

Snoke knew the force would choose someone in the universe to be a Light amidst the darkness. That person was Rey. This new Trilogy is about Rey and Kylo. Light and Dark.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2017-12-19 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    -Snoke's fate was bothersome to me. They spend all of TFA making him look very distant and above it all only to have him show up and get sliced in half. Not only that but when he shows up in person he's a legit badass in a suave outfit making effortless use of the force. The way they presented him in this film made me want more of him only to be let down shortly afterwards. It's not his lack of backstory that's the problem it's that he can't do more for the future.
    He had so much rage that he couldn't tell which saber was being turned and ignited. The folly of the dark side. I loved it.

-Rey and Kylo scenes were very good. I think they both grew as characters in this film. Kylo was much more tolerable here than in TFA.
    Agreed (but put on a goddamn shirt).

-Wtf Holdo, communicate the damn plan instead of being a cosmic space hoe
    As soon as Poe figured out her plan, he went and fucked things up, which is why she never told him in the first place.

-Loony Yoda was great. Love the return to that. It's sad though since that is probably the last we'll see of Yoda. He doesn't have any connection to the remaining characters.
    He knows Rey. I assume he will be back in IX. In my dream sequence, Kylo and the Knights of Ren would attack Rey, and then the Force Ghosts of Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Luke, and Yoda would come to her defense. It's plausible... especially seeing the effect Force Ghosts can now have on the real world.

-Luke's arc seems to have the internet's panties in a bunch which I understand emotionally but I think it's fine the way he went out. We may or may not see him later as a force ghost but he did inspire a new hope into the resistance with his passing. He's essentially passing the torch to Rey.
    It was a beautiful and fitting ending for Luke. Loved it.

-Leia. What to do with her idk.
    Agree. So many ways she could have gone out. IDK what they do with her now when they could have offed her so many different ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    The things Rey did were cooler than the things Mara Jade did and she had more experience and was also force sensitive (you know, what with being the personal hand of palpatine).
    Mara Who?

/notcanon
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Only the parts of the Resistance that we saw in the movie.

You really think the bad guys are going to win?
    Knowing how 99% of all stories will end doesnt mean nothing of consequence happened in the story...

Im sure people didnt think the Empire was going last through ROTJ.

You do know that originally Luke was planning on joining the Empire, right? He didn't give two shits about the Jedi Order.
    ??? Pretty sure he wanted to join the rebellion not the empire. He talked about his friends already joining and you meet one of them later in the movie named Biggs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Totally agree, I really like how Disney is portraying traditionally marginalized groups. I honestly feel that Rey is an equal and incredibly cool character without being artificially elevated for political purposes. She's a great character.
    They act like SW hasn't always given screen time to a diverse cast.

Leia has always been a leader.
    Lando, Mon Mothma, Padme, Windu, aliens.

In the cartoon:

Too many to bother.

People arw really arguing that SW is too diverse...