Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Don't use words, if you have no idea what they mean.

Little hint: Playing on private server is not infringement on Blizzard IP.

In other words, yes, play on private server, if you have problems that many people wont share your point of view on Classic WoW.
    Um, no. It is totally infringement on Blizzard’s IP. It is using stuff they designed in a way that they did not okay. Additionally those servers do actively break the Terms of Usage, so they are totally illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Um, no. It is totally infringement on Blizzard’s IP. It is using stuff they designed in a way that they did not okay. Additionally those servers do actively break the Terms of Usage, so they are totally illegal.
    Illegal to operate. Not illegal to play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Doesn't really matter what Blizz do, there'll be moaning because peoples experience won't be the same as a decade+ ago.

For what its worth I would guess there'll be some QoL changes around battle net and support etc.
    Or it will be and they don't remember it the way it was but the way they want it to be.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    HOSTING the server is illegal

playing on it is not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    but multimailing and pots by piles of 20 will not ruin the interest
    You all have this fantastic ability to forget the past and claim your proposed changes won't hurt the game. Yet, the past shows Vanilla WoW, without these changes was more popular than retail WoW with these changes, is today. But like Nostradamus, you apparently have the secret sight to know - few QoL changes won't hurt the game. You can't seem to agree on what those QoL changes are. But it's ok, they won't hurt. LFR will make raiding better. Dual specs and free switching will save the game, auto loot won't hurt a bit .. etc etc. It's been endless flow of "stuff that should be added" ever since this forum started. Everyone has their own facourite. And you *just know* it won't hurt anyone - so everyone should take it as a fact and agree with your proposed fantastic changes.

Excuse if I'm sceptical. I know what worked 13 years ago. I played that version of WoW. I've played ever since until recently, when the changes to the modern WoW just got too much to stomach. There is a track record of what worked.

So how about, we start from that proven good version and see if it works again before adding countless number of suggested "improvements" from current day shit-WoW? Hmm? Maybe? And if that doesn't capture the zeitgeist, then go ahead and implement your LFRs, your dual specs and whatever the fuck else you guys are pushing here almost daily.

You think I'm a purist for wanting to play vanilla "as-is". But at the same time you and your ilk are pushing changes without consideration daily and magically claiming "it's ok, it won't hurt", while there is 10 years of proof these changes did nothing but hurt the game and the community.
    Last edited by mmoce1addbf3e1; 2017-12-19 at 05:40 AM.

This thread reminds me of people complaining about pvp on pvp realms. Classic should be classic Vanilla.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    It's pretty annoying that the smallest features means you're a retail scrub. Is there any room for a nuanced view of the issues?
    It's OK. The "Go play Retail then!" people don't realise that having hostile exclusivity is one of the first things that will kill off Vanilla servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    HOSTING the server is illegal

playing on it is not
    I think "technically" it is. As you are meant to agree to a ToS to access the use of their product. It's basically Virtual Squatting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    It's OK. The "Go play Retail then!" people don't realise that having hostile exclusivity is one of the first things that will kill off Vanilla servers.
    Partially true. But once the servers go live, they will probably maintain themselves. Forums are never a good indication of what the game community is like. I wouldn't even post on the forums except for the fact that I'm bored at work and can play at the moment.

Deleted
    And the "let's add xyz"-crowd won't realize there won't be a Vanilla servers in the first place if all their changes are added. The discussion should perhaps be "which 1.x patch level should the vanilla server start from" not "we should have LFR" - how about we let Blizzard actually create a Vanilla server before adding new stuff to it? Why is that such impossible concept to understand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    And the "let's add xyz"-crowd won't realize there won't be a Vanilla servers in the first place if all their changes are added. The discussion should perhaps be "which 1.x patch level should the vanilla server start from" not "we should have LFR" - how about we let Blizzard actually create a Vanilla server before adding new stuff to it? Why is that such impossible concept to understand?
    It's not, but screaming at anyone that even mentions a QoL change is just retarded. Also a very big difference between adding a Feature - LFR and adding a QoL change - AoE Looting. Looting singularly adds literally nothing to Vanilla excepts annoyance. People arguing in favour of annoyance because of some juvenile "ME WANT ONLY WHAT ME WANT!" mentality is idiotic.

Dual Spec does break the immersion in your character, the commited choice you take- it should be important!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    It's not, but screaming at anyone that even mentions a QoL change is just retarded. Also a very big difference between adding a Feature - LFR and adding a QoL change - AoE Looting. Looting singularly adds literally nothing to Vanilla excepts annoyance. People arguing in favour of annoyance because of some juvenile "ME WANT ONLY WHAT ME WANT!" mentality is idiotic.
    Yeah, well which one of you people gets to decide which one of the proposed changes is going to hurt the game and which are not? There's not even a consensus of what a QoL means in that context.

Maybe the lack of AoE looting is annoyance to you. Maybe it's important part of RPG immersion to me. Why are you the one who gets to decide what these things mean to people? Why can't we just start from the last known good version? Remember, the one that was deployed on the servers? Patch 1.x.x?

Why do we need to start changing the last known good feature-set before it's even deployed?
    Last edited by mmoce1addbf3e1; 2017-12-19 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do we need to start changing the last known good feature-set before it's even deployed?
    Because what is the last known good feature set to you for Vanilla? Vanilla changed a LOT during the first 2 years of WoW. Even within the Vanilla "purists" groups they can't decide on whether they want 1.0 or 1.12 or any combination in between.

To me, Vanilla has very little known good features that are constant from 1.0 - 1.12. literally most of them were changed moving into TBC and Wrath. Your RPG immersion point is silly as well. Since ok Fair enough AoE looting doesn't seem as "realisitic" as looting something 1 at a time. Yet if you are looting a mount, where is the immersion of jamming it into your bag. Even Legions Mounts feel more "immersive" since you Summon them as a Spell, not as an Item.

Fair enough there are some things that would break immersion. But holding onto purely annoying aspects because you think it is immersion is silly. Ammo for example, people say "HAVING AMMO GAVE MY CHARACTER IMMERSION!" Oh really? Which part? The part where your character had a quiver with 20000 arrows in it? So immersive right?

Deleted
    Because what is the last known good feature set to you for Vanilla? Vanilla changed a LOT during the first 2 years of WoW. Even within the Vanilla "purists" groups they can't decide on whether they want 1.0 or 1.12 or any combination in between.
    Hoo-fucking-ray. Finally a glimpse of a relevant, sane conversation.
    This should be the stuff we should try to figure out - not "what feature from current WoW can be backport".

- - - Updated - - -

Your RPG immersion point is silly as well. Since ok Fair enough AoE looting doesn't seem as "realisitic" as looting something 1 at a time. Yet if you are looting a mount, where is the immersion of jamming it into your bag. Even Legions Mounts feel more "immersive" since you Summon them as a Spell, not as an Item.

Fair enough there are some things that would break immersion. But holding onto purely annoying aspects because you think it is immersion is silly. Ammo for example, people say "HAVING AMMO GAVE MY CHARACTER IMMERSION!" Oh really? Which part? The part where your character had a quiver with 20000 arrows in it? So immersive right?
    But then in the next paragraph you have to insult me and tell me my feeling of immersion in 1.x WoW was "silly". Thanks man, thanks for mansplaining me how things worked back then. </sarcasm>.

Yet, that was what the featureset allowed. I enjoyed it. And so did millions of others. I don't know why you should be the one to tell me or anyone else it was wrong? Again, my question is - why can't we start from there again? Why must it be "add xyz from retail or else.."?

Hoo-fucking-ray. Finally a glimpse of a relevant, sane conversation.
    This should be the stuff we should try to figure out - not "what feature from current WoW can be backport".

- - - Updated - - -

But then in the next paragraph you have to insult me and tell me my feeling of immersion in 1.x WoW was "silly". Thanks man, thanks for mansplaining me how things worked back then. </sarcasm>.

Yet, that was what the featureset allowed. I enjoyed it. And so did millions of others. I don't know why you should be the one to tell me or anyone else it was wrong? Again, my question is - why can't we start from there again? Why must it be "add xyz from retail or else.."?
    Silly isn't an insult. It's actually the opposite. Silly is a polite way of telling someone they're being stupid.

Also, there was no "mansplaining" in the post you quoted. Please choose words you know the meaning of if you want us to take you seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Silly isn't an insult. It's actually the opposite. Silly is a polite way of telling someone they're being stupid.
    Ok, so telling someone is being stupid is not insulting them? I'm not sure I agree with your defenitions. Telling someone "oh stop being so silly" is belittling the topic. It's like me patting you on the head right now, little boy. You're being silly. Why don't you just go play with the other kids in the retail forum and leave this discussion to adults, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Dual Spec does break the immersion in your character, the commited choice you take- it should be important!
    If they want spec choice to be important then they should make each spec actually effective at its assigned role. But that would "break" Classic a lot harder than dual spec would!
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Ok, so telling someone is being stupid is not insulting them? I'm not sure I agree with your defenitions. Telling someone "oh stop being so silly" is belittling the topic. It's like me patting you on the head right now, little boy. You're being silly. Why don't you just go play with the other kids in the retail forum and leave this discussion to adults, ok?
    Insult: speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse.

I would think an attempt to politely tell someone they're making an ass out themselves would be the opposite of an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Exactly. The people who actually fought, scratched and clawed for this want the original classic WoW experience. Not 'kinda like classic, but with modern bits too!'
    As someone who 'fought, scratched and clawed' through the shit of Vanilla, I don't want any of it. I think it's a stupid idea. But making it exactly like vanilla? Even more stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    If they want spec choice to be important then they should make each spec actually effective at its assigned role. But that would "break" Classic a lot harder than dual spec would!
    Vanilla was broken to begin with..... How the fuck is adding something making it even more broken? Vanilla just is and always has been half a game.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    As someone who 'fought, scratched and clawed' through the shit of Vanilla, I don't want any of it. I think it's a stupid idea. But making it exactly like vanilla? Even more stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla was broken to begin with..... How the fuck is adding something making it even more broken? Vanilla just is and always has been half a game.
    I get the feeling that Vanilla WoW might not be for you. But it's ok. You're not forced to play it. Or read this subforum. Kinda cool how that works out, eh? You can literally just "go play retail"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Insult: speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse.

I would think an attempt to politely tell someone they're making an ass out themselves would be the opposite of an insult.
    Why are you still here? You're not adding anything to the debate. I showed you the way to the kids table. Go derail some threads in the retail forum.