Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurghan View Post
    Because the original person who responded to your thread said a lot more than the fact that he didn't intend to play classic. He responded to your original point, he said he thought it would work best without addons, and explained why. You fixated on the fact that he said he didn't intend to play classic, as he didn't think it would be fun. That clearly made you pretty mad. And then the thread became hilarious.

I also want to mention that someone's intent to play a game or not doesn't mean a thing. We all know what we're talking about here in regards to world of warcraft, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Pretty much from reading the OP's posts they hate anyone and everyone who does not agree with them.. They get mad and start insulting others and saying how they are not toxic when all their posts have pretty much shown they are very toxic..

In short they hate when they are challenged and have to resort to insults and other toxic behaviour to get their point across..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Oh, I was not actually talking about me here but rather how you attacked the one guy that actually seemed to want to discuss this with you.
    It does not matter much thoguh. You are proof enough that parts of the classic crowd is just as if not more toxic than the retail one.

As to the "respect" part - No, you will not get any of that from me.
    Can only imagine what a cesspool the classic servers might become, if they are full of people like the OP..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurghan View Post
    I'm not accusing you of over simplifying anything actually. I'm accusing you of asking for other people's opinions then refusing to debate any of them.
    They don't want to debate if the replies they get do not fall inline with their ideals..

care to explain which addons exactly? because there never were addons that:

- provided dual spel (you had to respec which was expensive)
    - provided AoE looting (you had to loot every single mob you killed in vanilla)
    - provided mounts at level 20 (was 40 in vanilla)
    - provided infinite mana (in classic you oomd after killing a mob)
    - provided LFD/LFR (you had to use trade chat to find a group in vanilla)
    - provided multi tagging of (quest)mobs (this was recently implemented in WoD)

i think i proved my point, or do you want me to continue? addons arent the reason QoL changes happened. lazy plebs are...

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    In short they hate when they are challenged and have to resort to insults and other toxic behaviour to get their point across..
    I do not actually think that there will be much difference from how retail is now.
    Most players will be players that play both versions.

The OP is not helping though. Not in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    One the main reasons I find the purists' arguments so ridiculous is because that addons can recreate most of the QoL changes they are raging against. Outside of GF and RF, most of these QoL already have addons that put them in the game.

The reason Blizz started adding these things into the game is because they looked at the top 50 most popular addons that nearly every player was using, and decided to build them into their game.
    You have a good point - but I don't think this is the entire reason or that it is this simple.

The questing experience with marking quest-givers was a QoL change from the start, so before addons there was a vision of improved QoL compared to earlier games.

Similarly dungeons had external guides and maps before they were added in game. I don't know if any addon actually integrated those in a good way before that - but I believe that from Blizzard's point-of-view people external web-site are problematic - since players are not even in the game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As has been said numerous times... it's fine to disagree and discuss. It's not fine to do it by insulting others. If you resort to that, expect to get called out on it. And don't expect us to fall for your victimization sob story either.
    Talk about being a hypocrite, you say it's not fine insulting others and yet quite a few of your posts have been very much doing what you are not fine with and that is insulting others..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I do not actually think that there will be much difference from how retail is now.
    Most players will be players that play both versions.

The OP is not helping though. Not in any way.
    Yeah you are very right on that point, the way the OP is carrying on does not help the vanilla/classic crowd one bit.. Which is quite unfortunate really which is quite a shame, as all it will do is turn away those looking at having a go at classic a lot faster..

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why the fuck are you here in the Classic forums? If you're not going to play, kindly stumble back to whatever forum hole you crawled out of.

And for the record, the community is not toxic. It's one of the nicest, most supportive communities I've ever been a part of. We are just toxic to jerks like you who coming in here for no other purpose than to shit on a game we like.
    Kinda funny how you praise the community and how nice it is, and I also guess you will be part of it. But then you start your sentence with an insult... And no, being toxic to someone that don't share your opinon is not an excuse because it is dumb as hell...
    Also seems like he used to play classic because of the last thing he said. So he does not SHIT on a game you like, because he obviuosly like it himself. He just don't belive that Classic will be able to recreate the "vanilla" feeling which I would say is right. In the end of the day I rather farm WQ than a bunch of potions from various mobs just so that I can raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Kinda funny how you praise the community and how nice it is, and I also guess you will be part of it. But then you start your sentence with an insult... And no, being toxic to someone that don't share your opinon is not an excuse because it is dumb as hell...
    Also seems like he used to play classic because of the last thing he said. So he does not SHIT on a game you like, because he obviuosly like it himself. He just don't belive that Classic will be able to recreate the "vanilla" feeling which I would say is right. In the end of the day I rather farm WQ than a bunch of potions from various mobs just so that I can raid.
    Show me where my sentence started with an insult. Are you feeling insulted because I said fuck? And again, I wasn't toxic to someone who disagreed with me. Read the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    God can you imagine DBM on Ragnaros?

BEWARE

*auto attack*
    ROFL! Please, someone make this happen.

Some of the people here, on the purists side, should apply for a position in the current administration. They posses the skills required for the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    - Toxic playerbase that cannot recreate the classic atmosphere: check
    - Known content that is no surprise to anyone: check
    - Old content with new UI: check
    - Powerful addons to beat Hogger level of content: check
    Sad as it is, this is what I fear most about World of Warcraft: Classic. It's never going to be the same as we remember.

The whole min-max culture on live already exists on private servers:
    - Min-max gear/talent lists for every class and spec already exist.
    - The fastest levelling guides have existed since literally 2006.
    - The best gold farming spots have been theorycrafted and monopolized.
    - Every last trick and tweak to defeat the bosses.

This will come to World of Warcraft: Classic, so it's not going to be the same.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    SO... Can you even have a Vanilla experience if all the modern addons are allowed? Or would Blizz need to restrict addons in some way to even approach how it was back then?
    I don't think it would be some kind of a true experience with modern QoL so I want them to keep addons use to the minimum. Back then, I had Omen threat meter, Quartz casting bar, Decursive and some kind of DPS meter for my raiding mage. You could probably add some kind of addon for UI modifications like a raid grid, and I remember that my healer buddy had voodoo and clique (while I prefered to use mouseover macros for my healing spells). You probably don't even have to add some kind of boss mods, because most bosses did not have that many mechanics to look out for. I only got Big Wigs in TBC for raiding, did fine without any kind of boss mods before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Sad as it is, this is what I fear most about World of Warcraft: Classic. It's never going to be the same as we remember.

The whole min-max culture on live already exists on private servers:
    - Min-max gear/talent lists for every class and spec already exist.
    - The fastest levelling guides have existed since literally 2006.
    - The best gold farming spots have been theorycrafted and monopolized.
    - Every last trick and tweak to defeat the bosses.

This will come to World of Warcraft: Classic, so it's not going to be the same.
    Also this. As soon as you had your first time, you're not a virgin anymore. So... I will not get my Classic experience back except when they erase my memories of the last 12 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Some of the people here, on the purists side, should apply for a position in the current administration. They posses the skills required for the job.
    You know that it's about recreating the gaming experience of the past? We already have a progressing version of WoW, which I support. To have the maximum differentiating potential, the new Vanilla should be as true to Classic as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    WoW has always had ass holes though? It was easier to make friends back then but to say the community wasn't toxic and shitty quite often is a lie. Plenty of people in classic would've responded exactly like they did...
    Sure, wow always had the assholes, but given vanilla had no crossrealm tech, it was way easier to avoid them, since there was fairly limited pool and you'd eventually just ignore all of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    WoW has always had ass holes though? It was easier to make friends back then but to say the community wasn't toxic and shitty quite often is a lie. Plenty of people in classic would've responded exactly like they did...
    This. People fool themselves about what Vanilla was in more ways than the content. The community was pretty fucking toxic back then as well, it just didn't have today's tools to do it with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Sure, wow always had the assholes, but given vanilla had no crossrealm tech, it was way easier to avoid them, since there was fairly limited pool and you'd eventually just ignore all of them...
    I'd be extremely surprised if CRZ was one of the things Blizzard decided to put into Vanilla, so this will still be possible on the classic realms.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    This. People fool themselves about what Vanilla was in more ways than the content. The community was pretty fucking toxic back then as well, it just didn't have today's tools to do it with.
    Oh yeah it could be toxic for sure, it was just not as noticeable as it is now, because back then to get anywhere in the game you had to play nice or you either had to change your toons name or move servers..

Quote Originally Posted by Bildur View Post
    10/10
    I am definitely looking forward to go back in time and re-live that WoW that (for me) was killed by LFG, guild perks, item level, penis-meters and cross-realms. But I don't have high hopes for a 2017 audience to be able to adjust to that. But I sure hope I'm wrong
    LFG, guild perks and cross realms will not be in, since those were game systems implemented later.

Item level (or gearscore) and DPS meters are community created issues, latter which was already around in vanilla. Those two will plague Classic as much as they do the live game.

10+ Year Old Account
    One the main reasons I find the purists' arguments so ridiculous is because that addons can recreate most of the QoL changes they are raging against. Outside of GF and RF, most of these QoL already have addons that put them in the game.

The reason Blizz started adding these things into the game is because they looked at the top 50 most popular addons that nearly every player was using, and decided to build them into their game.

What's the point of arguing against something that will be there anyways?
    Addons are QoL
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    God can you imagine DBM on Ragnaros?

BEWARE

*auto attack*
    DBM on Ragnaros mostly just had timers for the different phases.

Oh yeah it could be toxic for sure, it was just not as noticeable as it is now, because back then to get anywhere in the game you had to play nice or you either had to change your toons name or move servers..
    You didnt have to be nice, you had to be subservient to the couple of guilds, who called the shots on the server.
    Now this might just be my personal experience and maybe you were on a server, that was ruled by the united federation of care bears and they really did enforce friendly behavior onto assholes, but on the couple of servers I have been on, it always resulted in: People get bullied, when they dont give special treatment to the top dogs or talk back to them in chat and so on. Everyone else was free game. And Ive been on both sides of that "utopia".
    Vanilla servers in my experience where less like pleasent ville and more like lord of the flies.
    Which might still be better than todays zombie apocalypse, though.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Then why the fuck are you here in the Classic forums? If you're not going to play, kindly stumble back to whatever forum hole you crawled out of.

And for the record, the community is not toxic. It's one of the nicest, most supportive communities I've ever been a part of. We are just toxic to jerks like you who coming in here for no other purpose than to shit on a game we like.
    Yeah, kindest community... Kungen, alexensual are good examples... NOT

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    I did not play Vanilla; I'm a Wrath baby. So I am honestly asking, not knowing the answer. When people talk about Vanilla, I've never pictured all the addons we have today, but you would know better than I.
    The scripting language was way more open, though API was more cumbersome, not as many pre-defined functions. The reason classic AddOns weren't as advanced as modern ones was because people hadn't learned to make them yet.

Apply modern knowledge to Classic's lua engine, and you can do full automation add ons and other game breaking stuff.