Poll: Do you enjoy them?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevrex View Post
    I want the rotation to feel fluid and fun. So if there are many buttons, I want them to work nicely with others. If there are less, I'd like to have a nice combination with procs.
    This a thousand times

I've played a hunter since 2008 and a rogue/prot warrior prior as my mains. I am unsure what the most "complex" rotation is I've done. I tried Survival this expac and I wanted to die. No downtime. Hard to maintain all buffs/debuffs. It's cancerous. Not fun. And unrewarding.

I guess at my age now I prefer "simpler" ones, so I can focus more on mechanics and/or helping with raid callouts. CBA staring at 4 debuffs/buff timers and 6 rotational CDs
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I enjoy easy rotations as a way to leave room for complex combinations. 2-3 buttons as a core rotation; planning ahead, managing your resources, building up for a burst window, reacting to certain procs and adding more depth to all of that with legendaries or a set bonus... that's what i find fun.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Deleted
    Complicated, not so much, but I do prefer my rotations are fast. I remember it was one of the things that I loved about Rift Storm Legion, most classes had a talent that would cut your global cooldown in half so it was down to half a second; which honestly is a more natural pace for me.

I like rotations with some synergy, so doing this before that and lining up certain buffs can give me some rewarding result.

I also like having one or two alts that are just mindless button mashing for when I need that kind of break.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

2 of my favorite alts are Bear Druid and BM hunter. I have no issue with easy rotations tbh. That being said I can appreciate and respect the skill that goes into mastering a complex rotation
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

i hate the fact that they switched from decently hard rotations+decently hard bosses to braindead rotations a monkey could do and even harder bosses, now its just gear and cheesing since the skill aspect was removed.

I really like when there're more than 2-3 buttons to use - that's why I can't take BM at it's current state.I really liked the enhance spec (with the fire totem). I played a survival spec in the Legion a bit and despite the fact,that it's quite challenging,I didn't find it so fun (gameplay wise).Also I don't like too complicated specs - by this I mean a feral druid pre-Legion. Im currently playing a ret paladin and i'm having fun - don't know how easy or hard it's in the chart atm. I also really like the WW monk at it's current state.

i enjoy complicated rotations, cuz they add variety and thus i am not that easily burned out.
    Got an alt DH, tried to main it with Momentum+VR but current brainless meta-annihilation spam is plain stupid.

i love my ww rotation
    easy to learn hard to totally master with choices that lead to gains

Deleted
    Alot of people are excited for Classic so there's alot of people out there who can't wait to go back to simpler times for sure.

A mix. I don't like spamming specs, but i'm happy with 3-5 buttons pressed semi frequently, and a resource to manage. Any more than that and it's too many shitty keybinds and clunkiness. More abilities generally doesn't mean more complicated, just more annoying. You just need some good overlap of skills and resources to make some compelling gameplay. Someone mentioned ff 14. I don't even want to play it because of that reason alone. Every class seems to have so many redundant and ridiculous rotations that are 10 years in the past.

I enjoy the simpler proc based specs, honestly. I hate having a thousand fucking spells and shit or having to time things just right.

7+ Year Old Account
    i like rotations in which i need to think about what im doing, but at the same time i dont like stuff like SV which is heavily bloated with all sorts of random shit (though i still kinda like SV).

id probably say DK Frost BoS build has been one of my favourites. UH is pretty amazing too, as its not super complex, but you cant quite facemash your way through it. Though im not a big fan of the spec as a whole, id say the current state of Destro is also pretty interesting what with dealing with shard generation/expenditure.
    Sub rogue has been pretty fun too

Way back when I started, everyone said shadow priest and feral were the hardest. I had no problem with shadow, usually top damage/dps. It just felt easy to me. Feral on the other hand, felt impossible. I was decent enough at it, but nowhere near what I should have been. I felt it was the ranged vs melee aspect that made it that way. I couldn't always see if I was in front or behind my target. With so many pets and other players, and only staring at boss calves...

Nowadays, I really like Survival Hunter, I find it fairly easy (single target) and decently easy multiple target. I like it though, i have fun. I don't have as much fun on some of my other toons, so I lose focus and either fuck around or fuck up easy shit. Buffs fall off, I don't notice I have buffs (tich).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I like a rotation that has some thought and complexity to it... but I do not want a dance-dance revolution that if you miss one button it tanks your DPS... that is not interesting. So the poll doesn't really cover all the bases to me...

5+ Year Old Account
    No, I don’t enjoy complicated rotations. I rather have 2 or 3 buttons for the rotation, and some accidental buttons for cds and defensives. I also don’t like heavy movement fights. I just like to stand and nuke watching my crits flashing lovely yellow numbers

10+ Year Old Account
    Complicated rotations quickly separate good and bad players, for that I like them a lot. DPS should be decided by more than your stats.

7+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy a rotation in which the abilities complement themselves in order to pull out a combo.
    Like Sub rogue at the moment, where you line up your "conditions" to execute the huge Dfa combo, and outside of that you hit pretty low.
    Rotations with a lot of abilities but close to none interactions between them seems more like a choire to me.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Simple is nice, but when it becomes just alternating between 2 or 3 buttons it get becomes really boring as a playstyle. I've been getting back into my hunter alt I haven't played since MoP, and realized that BM in Legion is just that. You only have one damaging spell in Cobra Strike, the other two or three buttons are just indirect damage from things your pet does that you don't even see or feel an effect to: Kill command, Dire Frenzy, and Beastial Wrath/Dire Beast. All just buffs for your pet. You can choose Murder of Crows as a talent if you want to get fancy, and as far as the other two talents, barrage doesn't always help in every situation, and volley is just an auto attack effect.

Maybe i'm playing the new BM wrong, but I much prefer survival or marksman to it these days which is a shame since I love my exotic pets. I get the idea of a beastmater using their pets more than their bow, but they shouldn't limit that fantasy to their pets. If it's a beastmaster, we should have more abilities that incorporate using wild animals in our shots, and summoning more of them. Kind of wondering why BM doesn't have the sidewinders and and spitting cobra as talent choices. Makes more sense thematically at least. And having more directly damaging abilities would make me feel like i'm actually doing something as a BM hunter.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2017-12-19 at 08:09 PM.