View Poll Results: Big Announcement Coming?

Voters
97. This poll is closed
  • Yes, prepare to be visited!

15 15.46%
  • No, they will never admit to us the truth until the aliens arrive.

55 56.70%
  • Aliens dont exist so nothing to tell.

27 27.84%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Alien Announcement Coming?

IT seems that everyday day now I am seeing more and more news articles about Area 51, secrete pentagon budgeting, governments admitting that they study the phenomenon, statistics about how many people believe we are not alone, etc...It just like more news is being released almost in an effort to desensitize us partially. I know, conspiracy theory and all of that, it just is odd how much news I have seen lately on this topic from fairly mainstream sources.

Thoughts?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6f4752554d51
    http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...htmlstory.html
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/18/i...m.html?src=twr
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/18/politi...gon/index.html
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b03d0624b0abe4
    Last edited by Cyi; 2017-12-19 at 01:12 PM.

Any actual sources you can provide?

Because no one will have an idea about what you’re talking about.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Doesn't like anything to me.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

7+ Year Old Account
    Saw that VG (A norwegian newspaper) wrote an article about Pentagon admitting/releasing a video of a "UFO".
    Now I'm quite "agnostic" to the existance of Aliens, or life in general outside of our blue ball of dirt and water. To partually rephrase that, I do not think that we are alone in the universe, I find that to be too much of a coincidence. However, I stay sceptical until proven otherwise. And I do not believe that *IF* Aliens had visited Earth, that the Goverment's would release information outright.

Now I'm not saying that the Goverment is running some X-Files like syndicate conspiracy to keep the existance of Aliens a secret, but I do think they would spend A LOT of time within closed doors planning and thinking of how to go about business, and/or how the existance of life outside our planet would affect the world, panic/riots in the streets, the effect on religion and politics. There's soo much that we don't think or realize could be affected by such a discovery. Are they hostile? Are the friendly? What's their purpose of visiting us, and why specifically us?

So, yeah. TLDR; I don't think the Goverment would admit to shit without thinking or planning on every potential outcome, or as close to every potential outcome.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

I've seen one piece about the pentagonchecking into it and finding nothing. That's it

Honestly, I gave up believing the USA has alien tech/info the moment Dumbass Dump became president, or at least they sure as hell aren't telling him about it if they do. >_<

Deleted
    What is this nonsense? Why would they "never tell us the truth?" I smell conspiracy theory in the back of this OP what makes it forbidden topic.
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2017-12-19 at 11:29 AM.

There is definitely a new Alien movie coming out next year.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    What is this nonsense? Why would they "never tell us the truth?" I smell conspiracy theory in the back of this OP what makes it forbidden topic.
    Because there are people who seek for any excuse to start riots, looting and vandalizing things and if government announce aliens are real they would burn down whole cities.

it was on reddit earlier something about this video being a government release.

still equally as vague and shit as all the other crappy footage of ufo's or UAP's

I don't think Aliens have been here yet mainly because our radio signals haven't travelled that far yet. it'll take 1000s of years for our radio signals to reach out into the galaxy. its about 100,000 years to reach the opposite side.

i'm pretty much convinced we haven't made enough noise yet, either that or aliens are in the same boat as us, with space being too big to traverse efficiently without generation ships. I don't see why aliens have to automatically be more advanced they could be cave men.

what this basically means is that if we wanted to know if there were aliens on the opposite side of the galaxy, they would have had to have been broad casting radio signals 100,000 years ago. for us to detect them today. if they just invented the radio today, we're going to have to wait 100,000 years before those signals reach here..
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-12-19 at 12:07 PM.

A worldwide conspiracy spanning decades/centuries with multiple regime changes and not a single one government in any country has ever leaked any evidence.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    it was on reddit earlier something about this video being a government release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf1u...ature=youtu.be

still equally as vague and shit as all the other crappy footage of ufo's or UAP's

I don't think Aliens have been here yet mainly because our radio signals haven't travelled that far yet. it'll take 1000s of years for our radio signals to reach out into the galaxy.

"Wasn't released by DoD, but a questionable shell company called Stars Academy"...can people not even be assed to try even a little?

Deleted
    unlikely.

an early space faring civilization would come in force and would be detectable (even if all we detected is the meteor they send our way).
    an advanced space faring civilization would have a lot less reasons for coming in the first place and if they did would be completely undetectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    IT seems that everyday day now I am seeing more and more news articles about Area 51, secrete pentagon budgeting, governments admitting that they study the phenomenon, statistics about how many people believe we are not alone, etc...It just like more news is being released almost in an effort to desensitize us partially. I know, conspiracy theory and all of that, it just is odd how much news I have seen lately on this topic from fairly mainstream sources.

Thoughts?
    somebody is watching to much "ancient aliens"

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they will come with legions of sectopods. I have that on good authority, in fact the Elders just told me this morning at breakfast while we ate our ethereal muesli.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted

Thoughts?
    No. /endthread

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, conspiracy theory and all of that,
    So why bring it up?

conspiracy theories aren't allowed on this forum
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Come on guys, Universe is old, very old. We are here like what, 2 hundred years (making noise-wise) in probably next 2 hundred years we will either starve to death running out of resources, or we will kill each other and our planet (we have the means for so right now).
    Imo that is the reason we didn't make any contact, universe is too vast and too old that the probability of two sentient life forms 'live' in the very same TIME (100 thousand years is well, nothing compared to the age of the universe), close enough to each other to make a contact assuming the span of the universe is well, close to zero.

Assuming also that entropy is a fact, there were probably intelligent life forms somewhere and will be, but they would rather decline and die out than made it to the stars, those long distance stars.

Quote Originally Posted by z3rK View Post
    Come on guys, Universe is old, very old. We are here like what, 2 hundred years (making noise-wise) in probably next 2 hundred years we will either starve to death running out of resources, or we will kill each other and our planet (we have the means for so right now).
    Imo that is the reason we didn't make any contact, universe is too vast and too old that the probability of two sentient life forms 'live' in the very same TIME (100 thousand years is well, nothing compared to the age of the universe), close enough to each other to make a contact assuming the span of the universe is well, close to zero.

Assuming also that entropy is a fact, there were probably intelligent life forms somewhere and will be, but they would rather decline and die out than made it to the stars, those long distance stars.

200 years? And another 200 years! I'm pretty sure we been here longer ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    an early space faring civilization would come in force and would be detectable
    Not a chance.... it is unlikely we would even recognise any civilisation capable of travelling here as life.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by z3rK View Post

this is just it, most life as we know it forms on a planet and has a life span, i could imagine some form of life living for 1000 years or more, but nothing evolves to survive million light year journeys through space, unless there are giant space amoebas. no life is going to evolve on a planet with the capability to survive millions of years travelling through space. thats like a human being born today with gills. sure it could happen but its very unlikely. nothing is born to survive space, unless its born in space by an entity that lives in space the only way your going to over come the time factor is if time isn't a factor.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-12-19 at 12:29 PM.