Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenchac of Argus View Post
    "The Horde/Alliance is evil and planning on using the Azerite as a weapon!", maybe? Ironically thus leading to them using Azerite as a weapon - though that's not technically a lie as much as a half-truth, is it, since it would be the plan to make that come true.
    The Old Gods and Void Lords do deal in half-truths and obscured prophecy. It might be something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    i think a big NO for wrathion as "boy-king" is that he got scrapped from legion pretty late in the beta, meaning they were unsure about what do do with him.

this whispers-thing is too well made to remove a main pivot point halfway into beta. Anduin had a more or less clear and cut-out path ever since he graduated from guarding an empty throne.

remember, despair is a favorite of the old gods, and the more one believes, the bigger the risk of falling to madness.
    It -is- true that he got cut, but what if he didn't get entirely cut and just -shifted-? Rather than finishing out the Wrathion content in Legion and launching it, they could have Wrathion's part of the war be told through flashback quests where he talks about what he did and the player takes control of the Wrathion in the flashback to act-out his various actions. Like in the Jade Forest with the Jinyuu and Hozen?

That way they could carry forward all the work they did on Wrathion, keep him a part of the story, but shift it forward to offset the workload that was Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Bound by a Throne and yet Boundless...

Lich King anyone? Bolvar is stuck in an icecube on his throne and yet has the Ebon Blade to enforce his will, he doesn't need to do anything personally.
    Ooooo... I like that a -lot-. And he -has- been getting more active in the world. Plus Kel'thuzad is still drifting about and the Cult of the Damned is stirring up trouble...

What if it's N'zoth this expansion and Bolvar in the next? I suggested a couple of months ago that they could intro Bolvar and the Scourge as an ally to the fight against N'zoth and then have him go bad once N'zoth is downed, with the Scourge already out of Northrend he could just go directly from kicking N'zoth's ass to kicking ours in preparation for 9.0's "Return of the Lich King"?

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    Who says his three lies would usher in their coming. I thought that was "her" third death? (I don't remember all quotes exactly atm) It could just be that the three lies serve to incite a war that depletes the Horde and Alliance ranks even further, so that the Old Gods have a easier time at the hour of "her" third death.
    "The Boy-King sits at the Master's Table. Three Lies he will offer you."

The third death thing is, clearly, Alleria. And -probably- won't happen until some time in the next expansion or the one after it, I suspect.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2017-12-19 at 02:25 PM.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    All I know is that all these riddles, all these cryptic lines all over the place, they're doing a fine job at hyping me up for N'Zoth and general Void related horror in the future. :P
    Let's just hope they can live up to the hype and not end up like Deathwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Let's just hope they can live up to the hype and not end up like Deathwing.
    True! Anything turning out like Deathwing would be horrible, still the worst main antagonist of WoW in my book.

But then again, I don't feel Deathwing got quite this hype built up, possibly because expansions back then weren't as linear as they are now in terms of storytelling. When Cata came about it was just Deathwing's turn for some spotlight, little as it were, among the many Warcraft baddies out there.

With N'Zoth we've known about the bloke for a while, probably by name since Cata actually, so he's been mentioned here and there, a riddle or two thrown about, slowly easing us towards the inevitable day where he'll make his grand entrance and try to doom us all.

Unlike Deathwing, who we did know about, suddenly popping out of the ground going "Imma break your world!"

Really hoping that N'Zoth will provide us with some glorious times when his spotlight turns on. Until then, I guess we'll continue to read all these rambling sentences! ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg this reminds me. Khadgar went back to Karazhan to find a way to stop Azeroth from dying. Could Khadgar be fooled into turning a key and freeing N'Zoth?

7+ Year Old Account
    Page 4: A shepherd, cloaked in the shadows of her past, beloved by a flock of blind sheep./The crows grew fat upon sheep flesh. Her laughter echoed all around.
    It seems refered to Azshara returned to her elven form (cloaked in the shadows of her past)... as we have also seen her in Azsuna with her flock of naga.
    Someone thinks he is referring to Sylvanas and his forsaken ... but it is not true that she has never been questioned and the horde is not an army so devoted to her.

Page 5: The blade's eye watches all. /The first of his lies has been offered./Bound by a Throne? No... boundless./The next will come soon.

Look refered to Sargeras and his sword ... but remains to understand what is this "first lie" and from who. If it's linked to the "Boy king", maybe the sword is his father sword. But this also could be two distinct sentences: the first referring to Sargeras now "imprisoned" in his throne (or so we believe) and considering the Void presence on Argus, maybe the Void has corrupted someone from the Phanteon if not Argus / Sargeras himself. The next is the new threat

Page 6: A band of cultists arrived. They speak of Argus. Of the one who was awakened. Of the victory that went unnoticed. I shared my vision, but the skinny one just laughed. I do not like her.

Are Twilight Cultist or maybe the Shadowguard, the ethereals from Mac'Aree? The "skinny" can be an undead, maybe Willow an NPC undead that was affiliated with Twilight's Hammer? The victory unnoticed is the old gods freedom.

Page 8: The star peers down. I must hide from its glare. The dagger spoke true. It has been too long since I was drowned. Do not forsake me, Masters!
    Here it seems that it is the "Master" who speaks [n'zoth?] more than the "boy", who has to hide from the phanteon's gaze from Argus. The dagger is Xal'atath

Page 10: "Roused by her screams." Stirred by her whispers " seems refer to our Titan Azeroth. Can "the boy" hear her screams? Is Azeroth been corrupted and her heart filled, "At the hour of her third death"?

The "circle" are the titans of the pantheon as he also calls them Sargeras when ad aggram says that the "circle is almost complete" ...
    The door, the path is the gap open perhaps when we cure the wound by sacrificing our artifacts weapons(and maybe even the 5 artifacts)?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

I think that the shepherd is Azeroth, already corrupted. This fits with the "king of diamonds being made a pawn". And this is why Sargeras stabbed the world, and specificly in Silithus - where C'thun (the only old god who wasn't imprisoned) had thousands of years to burrow down into Azeroth's core. This is also the "victory that went unnoticed".

The "circle of stars" and the "star peering down" likely refer to the Pantheon.

I can also see this leading to Sargeras becomming our ally against the void lords, and Illidan finally embracing the light to fight them and fulfilling Xera's prophecy.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2017-12-19 at 03:49 PM.

Last night I dreamt of two great armadas clashing upon an ocean of blood.
    Shadows writhing beneath them, rising. Rising. I smiled in my sleep.

Why did the skittering insects have to stir me? Damn those bugs!
    No matter. We will finish what they began.
    The two armadas are very likely the Alliance and Horde. The ocean of blood could have to do with the blood of Azeroth (which the armies are fighting over) or just with the blood that will be shed in the war.

Life returns to this dead place.
    First the bugs came. Now Goblins skulk about. It is the blood they crave... I am sure of it.
    Bah, Let them have these drippings! Soon there will be enough seas to sate every thirst.
    No visions here, but this could imply the old gods plan to have more blood coming out of Azeroth. Opening more wounds or making the Silithus one worse.

Today the smoke rose from my campfire and took form.
    A shepherd, cloaked in the shadows of her past, beloved by a flock of blind sheep.
    She guided them over a cliff. Even as they crashed upon the rocks, they never doubted her.
    The crows grew fat upon sheep flesh. Her laughter echoed all around.
    This is very interesting. Who could this shepherd be? Sylvannas, Jaina, Alleria? Neither of them really fits it.

The blade's eye watches all. Why do you not see?
    The first of his lies has been offered.
    Bound by a Throne? No... boundless.
    The next will come soon.
    "The blade" is most likely Sargeras' sword. Is he watching us through it?
    Is he not truly imprisioned in the Seat of the Pantheon? Maybe he is, but is able to manifest his consciousness anywhere he wants?

The part about the lies doesn't fit well, though. Wowhead claims it could be about Anduin, but it would be weird for there to be a quote about anduin between two about Sargeras. Unless they are not about Sargeras. I mean, Anduin also has a throne. And a sword with an "eye."

The star peers down. I must hide from its glare.
    The dagger spoke true. It has been too long since I was drowned.

Do not forsake me, Masters!
    Reminds me of that "drown yourself in a circle of stars". Maybe it's not an actuall circle we can see somewhere in the world, but something more metaphorical? This guy was just a random soldier, yet he seems to have already drowned in it.

Roused by her screams. Stirred by her whispers.
    A blessing from the Masters. At last I understand!
    A door. A path. Ours. Ours.
    Fool! The circle has awakened us all.
    So... the "circle". Again.
    Who's screaming and whispering? Azeroth?
    What is this door and this path? Does it have to do with the "five keys to open our way, five torches to light our path?"

Deleted
    I really wouldn't say Sylvanas is obsessed with the past since she's all about planning for the future atm. Jiana however is hung up on thermore and her father....

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Maybe Odyn is the Lord of Ravens who turned the Key by arranging for the death of Helya, who was turned against Odyn by Loken who we know was influenced by the Old Gods... right?
    That's kind of half-true. Loken took advantage of Helya's anger against Odyn, but he didn't really "Turn her against him" - Odyn did that himself when he murdered Helya and twisted her spirit into a slave-ghost just because she didn't want to do the same to random Vrykul.

Deleted
    The Horde and the Alliance fight across the Ocean
    Its NOT litarilly an ocean but the blood aka azurit that is flowing through silithius atm.

Sylvanas, perhaps?
    how can you not see that obviously Azshara is meant with that?

I'm not so sure the boy-king is Anduin anymore since these new whispers, actually. Varians sword aside, I am almost certain Wrathion is manipulating Anduin in a very Onyxia way, especially after it was confirmed that Ebonhorn nearly succumbed to Old God whispers in 7.3.5 HM Tauren unlock chain.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ogmot_the_Mad
    Ogmot is an Ogre, probably coming from the first Hord invasion.
    We know that some ogres left Eastern Kingdoms during Warcraft2.

I was a mere boy fighting at the war camp when the masters first blessed me with their visions.

I have come to Silithus, to the site of the great gound, seeking wonders beyond imagining.

Make me your vessel, Masters!
    Ogmot seems to be one of these ogres that sailed to the west during WC2

Last night I dreamt of two great armadas clashing upon an ocean of blood.

Shadows writhing beneath them, rising. Rising. I smiled in my sleep.

Why did the skittering insects have to stir me? Damn those bugs!

No matter. We will finish what they began.
    Ogmot foresaw the Battle in Silithus for Azerite. His vision seems to happen before the Silithus campaign in Vanilla

Life returns to this dead place.

First the bugs came. Now Goblins skulk about. It is the blood they crave... I am sure of it.

Bah, Let them have these drippings! Soon there will be enough seas to sate every thirst.
    "Life returns to this dead place" indicates that he wrote this long after Ahn'Quiraj events, and the Goblins' presence shows that it's right after Sargeras stabbed Azeroth in Silithus with his sword.

Today the smoke rose from my campfire and took form.

A shepherd, cloacked in the shadows of her past, beloved by a flock of blind sheep.

She guided them over a cliff. Even as they crashed upon the rocks, they never doubted her.

The crows grew fat upon sheep flesh. Her laughter echoed all around.
    Another vision of a female leader worshipped by followers, even if she was responsible of their fall.
    Can't be Sylvanas, since she never sacrificed her people and she got rid of her past after ICC's events.
    Looks more like Azshara, who was worshipped by her Highbornes even after the Sunderring and their transformation into Nagas.
    Can't figure out who are the "Crows" if the "Sheeps" are Highbornes/Nagas.

The blade's eye watches all. Why do you not see?

The first of the lies has been offered.

Bound by a Throne? No... boundless.

The next will come soon.
    He's talking about Sargeras' sword, Gorshalach.
    The next lines are blurry, he mentions "lies" and "throne", we heard about the "Boy-King" "serving" at the "Master's table" that will "offer 3 lies".
    But what the relation between Sargeras and "Anduin"?
    I think the first lie is that Sargeras was defeated, imprisonned at the Seat of the Pantheon, where is Sargeras' throne (and we saw it in the Raid and ending cinematic).
    Is Sargeras really bound to his throne and can't escape?

A band of cultists arrived. Do they comprehend my blessing? My greatness?

They speak of Argus. Of the one who was awakened. Of the victory that went unnoticed.

I shared my vision, but the skinny one just laughed. I do not like her.
    The cultists came to Silithus right after Argus events.
    They are the harbingers we see in Dalaran and other cities, preaching about the doom of Azeroth and the Legion's possible vitory.
    Ogmot talks about a skinny female, that could be human, orc, Blood Elf or forsaken.
    It's probably nobody important. The fact here is that they don't worship Old Gods but Sargeras.

Many days have passed without a vision.

Have I displeased you, Masters?

I will leave you a sacrifice.

Remember me!
    After his last vision in the campfire, Ogmot feels lonely and needs a sign from the Old Gods.

The star peers down. I must hide from its glare.

The dagger spoke true. It has been too long since I was drowned.

Do not forsake me, Masters!
    He talks about a Star, knowing that this scene is happening after the imprisonning of Sargeras, he's not talking about the Pantheon, since they've been lock down with the Dark Titan and the rift to Argus is closed.
    He might talk about Elune.
    The dagger is Xal'Atath, that might have whispered the ogre on how to reach for his masters.

The bones were picked clean, yet still I am granted no insight. The others scoff. They question my devotion.

But I am the chosen vessel. I will not lose faith!

Another sacrifice. Yes. One more of them will not be missed.
    Ogmot killed one of the cultists, a sacrifice for his masters. But no answer. He will try again.

Roused by her screams. Stirred by her whispers.

A blessing from the Masters. At last I understand!

A door. A path. Ours. Ours.

Fool! The circle has awakened us all.
    I think he sacrificed the "skinny one" (Roused by her screams) and he heard Azeroth's whispers.
    His last quote is odd. "Fool!", who is he speaking to? Just before he's going on short sentences, like he was slowly possessed by something coming from his visions.
    What if the last quote isn't Ogmot talking, but an Old God that made the ogre his vessel?

From what I read, Ogmot was called long time ago by the Old Gods to stay in Silithus. There he waited for Sargeras to stab Azeroth, and made many sacrifices around her wound.
    Then something happened, and he became something else, leaving only his journal.
    A future boss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ogmot_the_Mad
    Ogmot foresaw the Battle in Silithus for Azerite. His vision seems to happen before the Silithus camp
    From what I read, Ogmot was called long time ago by the Old Gods to stay in Silithus. There he waited for Sargeras to stab Azeroth, and made many sacrifices around her wound.
    Then something happened, and he became something else, leaving only his journal.
    A future boss?
    This is a good summary imo. Especially the last part in reference to who he’s calling a fool.
    Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not.
    Make it your strength, then it can never be your weakness.
    Armor yourself in it, and it can never be used against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Bound by a Throne and yet Boundless...

Lich King anyone? Bolvar is stuck in an icecube on his throne and yet has the Ebon Blade to enforce his will, he doesn't need to do anything personally.
    He's free of the icecube now, you see that during the quests.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

The third death thing is, clearly, Alleria. And -probably- won't happen until some time in the next expansion or the one after it, I suspect.
    If Alleria's deaths are all symbolic--or at least for her--then the third could be Vereesa, especially if Sylvanas is the one to kill her.

The shepherd could be Katherine, especially if she turns out to actually be a dreadlord.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The Blade's Eye thing really just makes me think of the humongous blade in Silithus.

Maybe too obvious and simple, but it does have that circular guard with energy swirling from it. Plus Sargeras was thought to be imprisoned at the Seat of the Pantheon.

Now of course Sargeras is unlikely to return to the story for a while, if at all - but that's what it made me think of.
    I think so too. If you look at official Sargeras art, the sword is drawn with an eye on the hilt.
    http://pm1.narvii.com/6165/db98cadd4...c3f5979_hq.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/o7DcqCG.jpg

Even his avatar had it. http://i.imgur.com/Dy5Vntj.jpg

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    If Alleria's deaths are all symbolic--or at least for her--then the third could be Vereesa, especially if Sylvanas is the one to kill her.

The shepherd could be Katherine, especially if she turns out to actually be a dreadlord.
    I think Alleria's "Third Death" is banishment from Silvermoon, but not before she poisons the Sunwell with her presence. The shadowstuff that comes gushing out of it after her in the Nightborn storyline could be just that...

Alternatively, her third death could be her giving in to the Shadow and creating something terrible from the Dark Naaru's power and the Heart of the Shadow God she consumed...

It's gonna be a wild ride.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

She was indeed ready. But it was not yet time. She had witnessed herself jumping from a cliff, peacefully surrendering to the long fall. When the time came, there would be no choice and no alternative. Now, she could still escape. And her destiny demanded that she must.
    - Shadow & Light

The shepherd is 100% Alleria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    He's free of the icecube now, you see that during the quests.
    Well he isn't leaving his Throne either way.

That shepherd though is still being referred to in the past tense and page 4 describes the fall of Azshara and her followers into Naga perfectly. Ahich is why I think it’s her. And certainly none of the major female leaders have blind followers anymore.

Since Lorthemar is now the 2nd person to call Anduin the boy-king, I don’t see how those whispers/prophecies don’t refer to him. It’s just people don’t want it to be him. (Without considering other possibilities of the end fulfillment) In any other fantasy setting, or many other characters in WoW, it would not even be questioned that the connection is intentional.