Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    "sticks and stones can break our bones but words can't hurt" means I should be able to recieve constructive criticism even if worded harshly. This idiom does not mean it is OK to freely call someone Nigger. Not wanting racial slurs in conversations has nothing to with it.

If you want to be asshole to your fellow raiders just say so, but don't expect anyone to grow thicker skin to accommodate you being an asshole.
    That's funny, seems like the Raiders, in their closed private instance, thought the behavior displayed was acceptable. The asshole was the one who reported him.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

Deleted
    It all depends on the severity of the offense and on the proof you have about it. But I'm fairly sure the GMs can check chat logs if you give them the time frame and location.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'd have taken the smooth run over morals any day.
    Anime profile pic and sig checks out

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Adorable, did i hit a nerve or something?

SJW is a mocking term for a reason, and yes i do not have a filter IRL, never got me into trouble, honesty isnt a bad thing.
    lol yes. because spamming the n word like some autistic 12 year old is “honesty”

you guys never cease to surprise me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Anime profile pic and sig checks out
    For?

10+ Year Old Account
    guild chat is like a close community where you can talk about anything, yes, ANYTHING you want.

reporting him will not ban him or anything and before the GM tells you what to do, let me tell you first : you can leave the guild anytime you want and put that person on your ignore list. problem solved. ( not really but you got my point )

quick edit : in my old guild, we talked about things that could make us wear the orange suits, let alone getting banned from the game but guess what ? nothing happened. and yes, we got reported by another member.
    Last edited by Huntermyth; 2017-12-19 at 03:15 PM.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

The other night an immature raider kept saying the N-word in raid chat and /yell during our guild raid. Everyone seemed to be okay with it but he kept going and going with it. Eventually he said something about a rope and I told him I was going to report him. Everybody said "lol" but I reported him. Apparently he was suspended from the game and missed our raid. I was the only one to report him. Everyone else was laughing at his shenanigans through discord. We had to pug another tank. I don't want to be known as a wuss raider. He went way too far.
    I think you did fine. I am in a guild where such behaviour would lead to a gkick anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaymin View Post
    You are obviously mentally challenged, just read again what I wrote and then go and facedesk yourself. I'm not hiding behind anything, stop by my house and I'll say it right to your face, no problem.

In case you didnt understand I'll try again.. He's in a guild, trying to fit in a community.. obviously his guild thinks its allright (the racist jokes & stuff).. who's he to judge and report someone just because he's having fun with his friends. If he doesn't like it, then there's an obvious solution, /gquit. I mean, lets face the fact, the whole guild community is not going to change their ways just because one braindead over-butthurt member. Is he going to report the whole guild with time?

The whole point is, as long as it stays in the guild community (which guild raid obviously is, if there was no pug involved), I see no problem with that kind of stuff, if the majority accepts it. And then again, if you happen to find yourself in the "minority", just leave.

Infracted.
    The rule, which you agree to upon installing the game:

B. Rules Related to "Chat" and Interaction With Other Users. Communicating in-game with other Users and Blizzard representatives, whether by text, voice or any other method, is an integral part of the Game and the Service and is referred to here as "Chat." When engaging in Chat, you may not:
    (i) Transmit or post any content or language which, in the sole and absolute discretion of Blizzard, is deemed to be offensive, including without limitation content or language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, nor may you use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above;

(Source)
    The issue:

The other night an immature raider kept saying the N-word in raid chat and /yell during our guild raid. Everyone seemed to be okay with it but he kept going and going with it. Eventually he said something about a rope and I told him I was going to report him. Everybody said "lol" but I reported him. Apparently he was suspended from the game and missed our raid. I was the only one to report him. Everyone else was laughing at his shenanigans through discord. We had to pug another tank. I don't want to be known as a wuss raider. He went way too far.
    Player in question clearly combined violence/lynching with a racially charged slur.

Regardless of if everyone else liked his attitude, it's in clear violation of the ToS, and the violator should not be shaded as the victim when they're the one that broke the rule. If anything, they're a victim of their own poor choice. Their decision also means they let their raid team down.

------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    @OP: Doing the right thing can be inconvenient and uncomfortable. You're not going to change everyone's shameful attitude, but you can make a community a little bit less bad. You were fully within your rights to report a gross violation of the ToS and human decency and respect.

But I also agree with the sentiment that you should find a new, more mature guild that knows what lines not to cross. You'll be happier in the long run.

In an old guild, we were pushing HFC heroic and we recently admitted this new Monk that was a tank/healer OS and really skilled. He was an OK dude at first, but over time this kind of stuff started to come out, along with some real anger issues, until we realized he was toxic to what should be a fun raid night. After a lot of back and forth, we talked with him about it, and he didn't change, and we kicked him and respectfully told him why.

I say this to say that these things can build up over time until they reach critical mass. Absolutely report people who are shits, but don't linger in a community that tolerates it, either. It's not healthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    That's funny, seems like the Raiders, in their closed private instance, thought the behavior displayed was acceptable. The asshole was the one who reported him.
    The ToS rule applies to all communication on Blizzard servers, as quoted above and agreed to upon installing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    >complains about people acting poorly and then complaining about 'SJW culture' when they're banned for their conduct

>uses the word "retard" twice as an insult

???
    Yes, and?

You won't see me spam "RETARD!!!" 1000 times in a general chat, but I reserve the right to call people acting in such manners for what they are.

If someone yells racial slurs in-game, gets banned and then bitches about "SJW's ruining my good time", congratulations! That person has behaved like a fucking retard.

If you belong to the camp mentioned above and thus feel targeted, then I can only give my condolences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Your guild buddy is a generic wow idiot but on the other hand you damn well knew what you was doing and you did it not because you was bothered that your fellow raider was racist not at all. You did it because reporting people for language gives you satisfaction. You get to hurt someone RL.

To me you are worse than him. He was provocative and trying to bait a reaction but you are a big hypocrite. "Oh I dont want to be a wuss but I even report my own fucking co-players because I can".

You guys have serious issues with freedom of expression. And yeah he used the "N word" so fucking what. Its a word. And its not even derogatory term in many languages its the name of a color. Things are what we make of them. I could start saying "good morning" is a derogatory expression and make a game where the rules say it is. Man made shit to make life weird for all.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly my point. He is not interested about justice he just wanted to hurt the other guy in a very real way. People get their major joy from the internets if they can manipulate someone's ban. Thats why we have trolling, baiting, hypersensitive people who get insulted by the air that they breathe even etc.

after almost 2 pages, finally someone said wrote it! THANK YOU

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that you'll tell your guildies that it was your report which caused ban of their friend, so they'll know it and will act accordingly. I think that causing troubles for your guildies is unacceptable and I would kick you out of guild the very instant I'd learn about that behavior, but of course different people might have different opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 report wont get him banned. trust me. Like they got time to check all the reports people put out. There are plenty of reports that aren't worth a warn/mute/ban. So probably not no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

OP someone would've had to open a ticket and reported the person that way for him to be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yes, and?

You won't see me spam "RETARD!!!" 1000 times in a general chat, but I reserve the right to call people acting in such manners for what they are.

If someone yells racial slurs in-game, gets banned and then bitches about "SJW's ruining my good time", congratulations! That person has behaved like a fucking retard.

If you belong to the camp mentioned above and thus feel targeted, then I can only give my condolences.
    in my experience it’s the people that complain about sjws that get triggered the most. just look at all the neckbeards in this thread mad because someone got suspended for racism

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yes, and?

Holy fucking shit, Rorcanna. Lol.

Deleted
    fair play to you, mate. i wouldnt want to hear that shit, either.

People use the notion of being "honest" or "not politically correct" to act like an asshole. If somebody acts like an asshole, report them. It's that simple.

What happened to talking to people?

It's your fucking guild, for fucks sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Wouldn't be hard for them to flag certain words for further inquiry. the N word seems like a big one they would do that for.
    True, islam related racism also seem to be punished harder i noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Holy fucking shit, Rorcanna. Lol.
    Guess that's a yes then, and another name to the ignore list.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    in my experience it’s the people that complain about sjws that get triggered the most. just look at all the neckbeards in this thread mad because someone got suspended for racism
    Pretty much. The anti-SJW's tend to be the biggest SJW's, always clamoring about "being silenced for their honesty!!" and such nonsense.