Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    You can't really argue that racism wasn't a huge element of the atlantic slave trade.
    The africans sold off other africans to slavery. Were they racist to their own? They exercise black supremacy against other black people?

Slavery exist in many places today and it is not based on racial superiority.

10+ Year Old Account
    But not white supremacy.
    Once again...how is that relevant?

They cause terror and fear among innocent people. It's up to you if you want to call them a terrorist state.
    Surely it would require them to fit the definition of a terrorist state, not whatever I personally decide.

Got me to sign up? No? I just have a shred of empathy for the circumstances many of these people come from. We can't all be rags to riches stories.
    You empathise with and defend terrorists. Yeah I know, you said that already.

Yeah I am? Jewish people are an ethno-religious group. It's passed down by lineage too. I can literally move to Israel if I want to. You're basically saying Larry David or Seinfeld aren't Jewish because they don't actively practice.
    No, just that you aren’t.

I'm not defending their actions, I'm defending them as human beings and with at least some understanding of the history and nature of this conflict. Which so many people here do not do.
    You are blaming everyone else for them being terrorists, apart from the terrorists themselves.

What's the point in starting a whole 'nother thread to this argument? I don't want to dig through your posts and you will argue it even if i do have evidence. You're going to have to convince me it's worth my time.
    You made a claim, I’m saying you just made it up in order to equate me with Islamic extremists. It was a pretty obvious ploy by you, so I called you out on it and you’ve shown that you had nothing.

You can't really argue that racism wasn't a huge element of the atlantic slave trade.

Other forms of slavery in other places sure, but in Western history that's our most recent and biggest example of it. Or we could talk about Indian slavery, which again had a lot to do with racism as did much of European colonial history.

Regardless of whether it's racial superiority.Ideas of superiority of one kind or another plays a role in almost all slavery.
    We don't deal in slavery anymore. Or is this a reparations deal... Racism exists for sure, and it will never cease, but those people are not at all organized to any significant level. They're just shitty people who should be told their behaviour is shitty, and it's being done.

Tell that to the Indian people working in Dubai.
    I don't understand how this supports that slavery is based on racial superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    I don't understand how this supports that slavery is based on racial superiority.
    Doesn't seem to me like racial superiority, it feels to me like what, economic superiority? Political superiority?

There's definitely some sort of superiority. The -concept- is not itself rooted in race though. It will be rooted in a given value that the more powerful (owners) perceive makes them <better, superior, holier, right etc.> than the oppressed (slaves) who don't share those qualities.

It's ignorant to think otherwise. When slaves originally were owned by their own people who happened to have power and resources but a need for working hands, how does any one argue the concept is rooted in racism?

Life is complicated lmao.
    Last edited by Goobaman; 2017-12-19 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    The people in the UAE believe themselves superior to the people from the Inidan subcontinent and don't really view them as the same species as themselves, makes it easier to justify it when taking away human possessions like passports n stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goobaman View Post
    When slaves originally were owned by their own people who happened to have power and resources but a need for working hands, how does any one argue the concept is rooted in racism?
    Out of interest who were the original slaves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    This is a story that I believe will get more attention in the near future. What do people think of Linda Sarsour?

To me, her ideology as a 'feminist' who advocates for sharia law is absurd.
    To be honest, being non-American I haven't heard her name before, but based on this she seems like just another utterly worthless pile of human waste that all these feminazi-islamostalinist movements are overflowing with. We have similar retards on this side of the pond as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    The people in the UAE believe themselves superior to the people from the Inidan subcontinent and don't really view them as the same species as themselves, makes it easier to justify it when taking away human possessions like passports n stuff.
    It is not just indians who are slaves.

What about the shitty people on our side who's side people are taking, surely they need to be called out too.
    Er...what?

Quote Originally Posted by Arent View Post
    It's almost as if Islam and Feminism are incompatible ideologies
    They aren't. You can pick and choose what you believe just like with Christianity and Feminism.

How the fuck do you think there are so many god loving Christian feminists when the Bible is about the most sexist pile of garbage written since the Quran?
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Might wanna check your dates there my guy.
    .... Thanks for getting the joke, friend.

Not to mention, exactly how many times has the Bible been rewritten and revised in the last two thousand years by a certain church? Definitely more than once, or are we forgetting the dead sea scrolls ./sarcasm.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2017-12-19 at 05:32 PM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Sorry that wasn't very clear.

What about the shitty people on "our side" that should be called out for their bigoted behaviour?
    What do you mean 'our side'. There are just people. Relegating it to 'us and them' is just shitty either way you flip it.

The left will try to shrug this off, but it's like trying to wash ones skin off their own hands.

Only a fool would have lowered themselves to the degree necessary to respect such a deplorable woman in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Sorry that wasn't very clear.

What about the shitty people on "our side" that should be called out for their bigoted behaviour?
    If I was trying to show someone what whataboutism looks like, I would just link to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Putricide View Post
    The left will try to shrug this off, but it's like trying to wash ones skin off their own hands.

Only a fool would have lowered themselves to the degree necessary to respect such a deplorable woman in the first place.
    Best of luck washing the stink of Trump off your hands M8.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately it always seems to be relevant.
    Considering we were originally talking about modern day slavery, how exactly is it relevant when we abolished slavery two centuries ago?

The UK and NATO countries decide what fits that definition, I don't think even if they fit it they would apply it to themselves.
    So the UK Isn’t s terrorist state then, thanks for clearing that up.

Sure whatever. I just want to see the Middle East and North Africa have the chance to develop and recover from this conflict. I don't think continuing to be intolerant of their beliefs is going to solve that, we have to work through this not fight our way through.
    Perhaps if they dropped their extremist ideology then they might stop killing in the name of their extremist ideology.

Well I am? I mean if you said that to my Grandma she would probably rip your head off.
    Was she an Islamic fundamentalist? They have a thing for beheadings.

because everyone is blaming the terrorists and ignoring the context and history of these conflicts. I literally said the leaders you can blame, they're manipulating people.
    Blaming terrorists for terrorism?! How shocking!

Extremism =/= terrorism. It just means your beliefs are on a far side of the spectrum...

Anyone can go back and read your posts and make up their own minds. I'm not going to convince you or anyone sympathetic to your beliefs that is the case. I'm not going to fight a never-ending battle, that's how we end up with conflicts like this one we are arguing about.
    Okay, so which beliefs of mine are extremist? Name some beliefs I hold that are extremist, not ones you think I might hold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people aren't self critical enough to label their own faults, let alone nations. So I'd take any words which are defined the way terrorism is with a grain of salt.
    You don’t see any difference between deliberately targeting civilians and targeting enemy combatants in a war zone? Or do you regard children at an Ariane Grande concert as enemy combatants?

No she is just proud of her heritage. Something we don't really share. It's a figure of speech, but turn that into a jab at Islam.
    Mocking people that behead others, how awful of me!

Seriously. Why is it so hard for you to put terrorism into a broader context? I've seen children practice critical thinking on a higher level than you.
    All you are doing is excusing the terrorists of their actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Checked her Wikipedia just to be sure if the sharia part wasn't some misrepresentation just because she's Muslim, but it appears to be true. In which case, just lol.
    Its easy to laugh about it now, but back during that woman's march, they made her the face of feminism, and any criticism of her had feminists foaming at the mouth, en masse
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol if you don't think bombing hospitals isn't knowingly targeting civilians. Sure terrorists were using them as cover but they were still there. I'm sure terrorists use the same justifications for their attacks too. "So long as we get some of the bad guys the collateral will be worth it".
    Are you suggesting that an Ariane Grande concert had ‘bad guys’ present and that’s why it was attacked? I am no expert on Ariane Grande, but it is usually where military targets congregate?

You're awful for a bunch of reasons.
    You clearly disapprove of my dislike of extremism.

Not really? I'm trying to explain the causes of this conflict, I've said like 5 times I'm not defending their actions. I can understand why they commit these acts but I don't think they are good.

This slimy attempt to constantly paint me as some ISIS sleep agent or some shit is part of what I'm talking about.
    I’m just using your own posts to show that you defend and empathise with terrorists. If you don’t like to be painted as sympathetic to extremism then you could always stop openly sympathising with them.