View Poll Results: How should I quit wow?

Voters
100. This poll is closed
  • Delete all my characters

15 15.00%
  • Only uninstall the game

68 68.00%
  • Burn all my old wow CDs

6 6.00%
  • Give my account to someone in need

11 11.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For good you say? In that case, go all out!

Delete all characters, cancel sub, uninstall game, delete all files, remove all Warcraft related bookmarks, get rid of any and all things Warcraft in your life so that nothing in your immediate vicinity will ever remind you of WoW and potentially make you wanna play again.

Then you can quit for good!

But if you've got enough self-control, then just cancel sub and uninstall. That's it really. Then you can always return someday if you realize that the whole "for good" thing was inaccurate.

Deleted
    Uninstall it, cancel your subscription, don't come to MMO-Champion anymore. If that isn't enough, talk it out with someone. If that still isn't enough, consult a therapist, because you have issues you need to resolve, which is understandable considering the amount of time you spent on the game.

OP, I think your options are a bit off. The most important thing is to find a new hobby to fill the place that WoW used to occupy. This could be a new game, but it could be something else. Otherwise you will just sit there thinking that you could have been playing and that even if you don't like the game much this would have been better than doing nothing.

Whether you do any of your other options is not really important, you will find a way to get back into the game whatever you do. The important thing is for you to not want to get back into the game - and to have this block persist for a long time.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just saw that there is a poll for this thread. I didn't do any of those to quit. Just stop paying.

Deleted
    get a physical authenticator and store it at a somebody elses place, that way if you want to start again you will have time to get over the urge.

A lot of people here are telling you to do things like quit, or delete your characters, or burn your account...

But really if you want to quit wow you need to find another game to fill your time. Something better, more engaging, more challenging, with more depth. So many people only really play WoW because they've been doing it for so long they've formed a habit. It's familiar, comfortable, and consistent.

And let's be honest: New games are expensive, with a LOT of risk. So many AAA titles are just cash grabs, with unfinished content, bugs, and gameplay that's sacrifices for profit. But there ARE good deals and value out there if you're willing to put in the time to do your research.

Or just keep shoveling money into Blizzard's wallet for mediocre time-wasting treadmills. Whatever floats your boat, I guess. :/

o - Practice self control and just quit playing the game

Deleted
    Deleting all characters is the only way to go here. Actually not only did I delete all my characters when I knew I needed a break, but I also restored one back and deleted it again so that I put the restoration mechanic on cooldown. That's the only way to go imo. If you ever wanna come back you can just restore them slowly over the months.

If you can't do this then it means you are just not serious about quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    It's been a long road through Azeroth.. I started back in 2005 with an Orc hunter in vanilla and then a Drenaei paladin for BC and etc from there.. I really want to quit for good. How should I do it?
    Since i've been playing the same time as you and i'm more in love than never with this game i'm not the most experienced guy in this topic but since i've seen friends trying to stop playing (and failing) my recommendation is: DON'T GIVE AWAY YOUR ACCOUNT/GOLD If you ever want to return (i know you are thinking right now you will never come back, but you will) you will regret for sure, so just uninstall the game and fill the time you used to play wow with another things that you actually wanna do.

Reverse all credit card charges made to Blizzard, this will most definitely earn you a perma ban. Never even consider playing retail again because it's a huge waste of time. If you want to dabble in Classic just buy a new account. I honestly can't imagine who would want to play modern WoW once Classic releases. It's like asking someone if they would rather eat shit (aka modern WoW) or your favorite food (Classic).

You are missing the most obvious choice. The way I did it when wow got boring around cata and I took a long break. You never know if you want some day years later to come back, so dont mess your account.

Simply decide to quit.
    Cancel your sub.

Thats it. Not sure, what to do, if you lack self control, but even in that case, it wont help anything to mess up account, ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of those things are really effective. You can bring back deleted characters, you can reinstall, you can download digital versions. I wouldn't recommend giving your account away due to security risks.

I'm not really sure how one should go about quitting. The times I stopped playing WoW it was just out of boredom with the content of it. I didn't play for almost the entirety of Mists of Pandaria and have barely touched Legion in comparison to how I've played other expansions.

Maybe you should think about the reasons why you want to quit...seems to me that therein lies the method.

Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    Reverse all credit card charges made to Blizzard, this will most definitely earn you a perma ban. Never even consider playing retail again because it's a huge waste of time. If you want to dabble in Classic just buy a new account. I honestly can't imagine who would want to play modern WoW once Classic releases. It's like asking someone if they would rather eat shit (aka modern WoW) or your favorite food (Classic).

Lol, you people.

It's more like asking someone if they would rather eat dried, crusted diarrhea that takes ages to go down your throat (aka Classic) or your favorite food where the dishes keep changing and you can always decide when you've had enough or want more (WoW).
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-12-19 at 05:30 PM.

Turn off your computer and be sure it powers down. Toss it in a forty-three foot hole in the ground. Cover it completely; rocks and boulders should be fine. Then burn all the clothes you might’ve worn anytime you were onliiiiiiine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Turn off your computer and be sure it powers down. Toss it in a forty-three foot hole in the ground. Cover it completely; rocks and boulders should be fine. Then burn all the clothes you might’ve worn anytime you were onliiiiiiine.
    This makes me wish we could +1 posts.

Deleted
    Just uninstall. Deleting chars or burning discs doesn't do anything because you can just undelete them and download the game online

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    So here's what you do:
    - Stop playing

new plan for you ..

go to a local gym, pay the $10 day fee and get on a tread mill... run as if your running to save your life, imagine someone is literally going to end your life if you cant run for 5 minutes ... & when you fail - don't be to hard on yourself but realize it is most likely due to the amount of time you spend on your PC and the terrible lifestyle you may be living because of your online addiction... and just quit wow

you can do it
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Since you can bring back all your deleted characters, i would say just unsub. And never look back.

- - - Updated - - -

I think most of us, dont really care about the game anymore, since the game got quite boring and stale. But we can't just abandon something you put years of effort in.
    I quite like playing it. I got bored of it 3months ago, so I just quit. I had no reason to come back, was left behind gear wise etc. But I came back and had a blast doing simple stuff. Most of us enjoy the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    How about just stop playing the game? Or are you so weak minded that you would log every day unless you delete characters or uninstall game?