Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    People who dont farm m+ 24/7 just barely got all the legendaries of their specc after playing Legion for the entire time, +/- some people with good/bad RNG.
    I have ~450 mythic+ dungeons done on my current main and I've had all the legendaries for my spec since tomb opened. If you've played since the start and you don't have all your spec legendaries, you're most likely not getting much out of your subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    They should probably speed it up, but it's quite quick. Currently i do every single lesser invasion i can, emissaries, raid Normal and a bit of Heroic each week, and do all the weekly shit. I got 3 legendaries in 3 days after switching mains, and the next 4 have come after 5, 6, 6, and 6 days respectively. It's basically 1 a week if you actually do the minimum to get them. Could be worse.

You absolutely don't have to do old raids or Mythic+, and why the fuck would you when you just need to do easy content?
    You're quite lucky, I do at least 6 Lesser Invasion a day, 2-3 M+ a week, Mythic dungeon world tour, Normal/Heroic current raid, every LFR, every emmisary, all the weekly shit, daily heroic dungeons, and I'm lucky to get one at 10 days, still averaging 1 every 2 weeks.

and all that shit gets draining

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    Then there are people like me. From my experience I need to do all emissaries, clear 3+ invasion points daily, kill all 3 world bosses weekly, clear at least 3 different raids on 2 difficulties, run about 5 M+ dungeons per week. Doing bunch of elite world quest on argus seems to help as well. Doing this for 2 weeks usually results in a legendary -- tested with last 3 legendary drops.

Recently I just cleared normal/hc of current raid, run my m+, did the emissaries, and kiilled the world bosses. I'm currently running 3rd week without one.
    you saved me the trouble of posting a comment . got the EXACT drop rate (including almost 3 weeks from last lego drop).
    played since launch and currently at 138 days /played. still 5 legenderies to go on my main (for complete class collection) - not including amanthu'ls which is a complete RNG-fest with no BLP.

obviously the ones that I'm missing are my BiS too (frost bracers), UH AoE (helm).

the RNG-Grind combo that legion is was the last straw for me. allready told my guild that once my last legendery will drop I'm quitting the game (been playing for almost 9 years). this is where some occassional poster say :"you won't be missed , see you in BFA", but I can assure you I'm so burned out from the game I can't wait for those 5 legenderies to drop so I can just close that chapter in my life. the game should be fun, not a second job.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You're quite lucky, I do at least 6 Lesser Invasion a day, 2-3 M+ a week, Mythic dungeon world tour, Normal/Heroic current raid, every LFR, every emmisary, all the weekly shit, daily heroic dungeons, and I'm lucky to get one at 10 days, still averaging 1 every 2 weeks.

and all that shit gets draining
    Weird. It's been very consistent so far. I probably do almost every single lesser invasion every day, and i pick up chest and kill rares on the way to those, so they may affect bad luck protection.

Weird. It's been very consistent so far. I probably do almost every single lesser invasion every day, and i pick up chest and kill rares on the way to those, so they may affect bad luck protection.
    they do add to your BLP. you're still quite lucky with your drop rates.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    Then there are people like me. From my experience I need to do all emissaries, clear 3+ invasion points daily, kill all 3 world bosses weekly, clear at least 3 different raids on 2 difficulties, run about 5 M+ dungeons per week. Doing bunch of elite world quest on argus seems to help as well. Doing this for 2 weeks usually results in a legendary -- tested with last 3 legendary drops.

Recently I just cleared normal/hc of current raid, run my m+, did the emissaries, and kiilled the world bosses. I'm currently running 3rd week without one.
    I call bullshit. I'm playing a new main, and this is my current drop rate:

Saturday 18th Nov - Echoes of the great Sundering

Tuesday 21st Nov - Soul of the Farseer

Friday 24th Nov - Eye of the Twisting Nether

Thursday 30th Nov - Uncertain Reminder

Wednesday 6th Dec - The Deceiver’s Blood Pact

Monday 11th Dec - Kil’jaeden’s Burning Wish

Sunday 17th Dec - Prydaz

I do:

-Weekly world bosses
    -Cache every day
    -Every lesser invasion i can every day, and these are important. Rares and chests while running to them.
    -I currently raid normal and some Heroic Antorus, and no other raids.
    -a few mythic plus dungeons at most.

That's it. You don't need to go back and farm old raids, nor do mythic+. You don't need to do anything extraordinary. Do easy shit, get loot. You could say i'm lucky, but it's been consistently 5-6 days after the first 3 so it's steady.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    awww you just returned and can't compete?

remember in the past when you could just return to the game and join guilds clearing mythic....

....no-one else does either.
    Imagine a world where I could play my alts without feeling like.

A) Wasting my time, as I could be using this time to try get that legendary I want for my Off-spec or the elusive BiS main spec legendary that hasn't dropped yet.

B) Completely useless because the 2 first 'quick' legos I got were absolute shit and I can't compete properly with my alt.

People like alts, continuing to screw those people over with terrible drop rates in a system that won't matter in 7 or so months is just ridiculous. The droprates should be massively buffed.

These comments about barely playing and having all leggo's on 4 toons is hilarious...

I pull in about 2 Veiled Argunite trinkets a day clearing Argus like I do, it's getting quite stressful, specially since I've gotten shit legendaries for the last THREE so I expect another 2 shit before i get something decent.

I won the lottery so clearly everyone complaining about how they don't win the lottery are just not trying hard enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    These comments about barely playing and having all leggo's on 4 toons is hilarious...
    Whats even more hilarious is the people saying they have 50 days /played in legion trying to tell everyone that'll listen how unlucky they are because they've cleared every single raid on every difficulty every week in legion with every emissary and then say "and I've only got 3 legendaries"

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I swapped character a week ago, got 951 ilvl, 76 traits and 3 legendaries (first two are supposed to be quick ik ik)

The 3 I got were awful mind but they are out of the way now and still provided a significant increase to my overall dps. Now that my gear has caught up, the bis legendaries are the next thing to hope for but thats not going to stop me from being able to dps to a good standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    I won the lottery so clearly everyone complaining about how they don't win the lottery are just not trying hard enough.
    It's not "winning the lottery" when you can consistently reproduce these results yourself. Then it's called "putting in effort".

Funny how I can get a legendary every 7-10 days on every single character I've bothered to actually play this expansion, man I guess I'm just so lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It's not "winning the lottery" when you can consistently reproduce these results yourself. Then it's called "putting in effort".

Funny how I can get a legendary every 7-10 days on every single character I've bothered to actually play this expansion, man I guess I'm just so lucky
    It's entertaining that all of these claims of consistently getting a lego every 7-10 days across multiple characters are backed up by..."trust me! I swear! I do almost nothing and I get a drop every 5 days lul!" If you pug every difficulty of every raid up to current content on top of every other method (argus invasions, emissary quests, chests, rares, getting a mythics+ 15 in and the weekly chest) sure you can consistently churn out a legendary roughly once a week. If you're not doing that, if you're running ABT LFR or doing normal or higher of ABT and not farming old raids, doing emissary quests, hitting your greater and lesser invasions once a week for the weekly quests, hitting rares and chests on the way, that can range from 2 weeks to a month or more. Who really wants to spend hours and hours each week running old content for no other reason than to increase the obnoxious rate that we get legos? I have 18 toons that I've leveled to 110, 1 of every class, doubles of several. I've done the "farm anything and everything to get legos!" phase, which eats by itself more time than the average person who works and has a life outside of the game can feasibly put into it. It does work. I don't need to do that for my main anymore, but it would be fun and awesome for other people to get their BiS legos without putting in such a ridiculous amount of time, which can still add up to months of playing before they get BiS legos. It would also be good fun on my alts to pick those up and tinker around with them on alt raid nights. Except right now the only ones I can do that with are the ones that got good legos for their first two that come quicker than the rest. My other alts are parked as mission gold farmers because for many specs without a specific lego or at least two non-utility legos there's no point.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have every class on max now and my experience is that you get about 1 legendary per week/every two weeks (when unlucky ) if you do pretty much all stuff with your character.

Horror stories about not getting any orange loot are either 1) overestimating their playtime 2) massive, massive outliers - the 1% unlucky

Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    It's entertaining that all of these claims of consistently getting a lego every 7-10 days across multiple characters are backed up by..."trust me! I swear! I do almost nothing and I get a drop every 5 days lul!" If you pug every difficulty of every raid up to current content on top of every other method (argus invasions, emissary quests, chests, rares, getting a mythics+ 15 in and the weekly chest) sure you can consistently churn out a legendary roughly once a week. If you're not doing that, if you're running ABT LFR or doing normal or higher of ABT and not farming old raids, doing emissary quests, hitting your greater and lesser invasions once a week for the weekly quests, hitting rares and chests on the way, that can range from 2 weeks to a month or more. Who really wants to spend hours and hours each week running old content for no other reason than to increase the obnoxious rate that we get legos? ...
    This is an exaggeration!

To cap your "weekly" BLP all you have to do is to play 2 evenings PvE content. The weekly N/HC raid clears are highly looked for by mythic raiders (960+ ilvl) and you get fast and time efficient groups everywhere. "M+0 Worldtours" and LFR queueing while doing some WQ's is super easy to split if you can't even put in 1 evening of playtime at once in this MMO.

If you don't play 12 chars at once or reroll every second week your main, the whole BLP system is pretty much directed at the casual gamer - casual but not stupid.

Last edited by Ange; 2017-12-20 at 05:51 AM.
    -

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    I have all legendaries on my main Warrior and my alt DH. Obviously I play a lot, but my DH playtime is nothing insane. I do my emissary every day, I do 0-1 current normal raid clears a week, 1-2 mythic+, and I do the current teir world boss and 3 invasions for weekly since Argus patch. This myth that you need to no life it all day everyday to have all legendaries for a class/spec is simply not true, and my alt is actual proof of that.
    I'm right there with you. Got my first Boa leggo on my mage, and the dh has 1 more leggo left to get before he can proc the Boas
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    I have all legendaries on my main Warrior and my alt DH. Obviously I play a lot, but my DH playtime is nothing insane. I do my emissary every day, I do 0-1 current normal raid clears a week, 1-2 mythic+, and I do the current teir world boss and 3 invasions for weekly since Argus patch. This myth that you need to no life it all day everyday to have all legendaries for a class/spec is simply not true, and my alt is actual proof of that.
    DH also has the least amount of legendaries.

What if someone just came back as a druid though?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    awww you just returned and can't compete?

remember in the past when you could just return to the game and join guilds clearing mythic....

....no-one else does either.
    You always could. You just needed to gear up a bit and post nice logs. Both of those are completely doable within reasonable time.
    Now it's all up to several levels of RNG with legendaries and TF procs. The grind is unreal compared to what it used to be.

Bottom line: Keep playing, keep grinding - eventually you'll be "rewarded" with the correct dice rolls.
    World of Warcraft: A Legion of Repeatable Random Content
    Last edited by mmoce1addbf3e1; 2017-12-20 at 06:10 AM.

Idk man.. these returning players should just learn to pray to the rng gods. Velen first trinket on all my healers so far. GG, RNG, GG.