Sustainability in regards to furniture - your opinion?

Hi all,

So I'm doing, what I think, is a pretty interesting study for my bachelor exam. The study is about the general populations' opinion on how important sustainable resources are when buying furniture.

So far the answers have been pretty interesting, but I'm looking for even more answers to get a better idea of the common opinion.

It's only 5 multiple choice questions and takes about 30 seconds to answers in total. Would appreciate your help

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...s_c7Q/viewform

Kind regards

Chiefy

Doesn't IKEA use lumber from endangered rain forests? Shrinking the rain forests and increasing global warming?

I read that somewhere.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Yes, but by the year 2020 they expect all lumber to be from sustainable sources, according to their documents available online. With my thesis this could be improved further.

How sustainable is leather ? Cause that’s about the only furniture you should by.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Hi all,

So I'm doing, what I think, is a pretty interesting study for my bachelor exam. The study is about the general populations' opinion on how important sustainable resources are when buying furniture.

So far the answers have been pretty interesting, but I'm looking for even more answers to get a better idea of the common opinion.

It's only 5 multiple choice questions and takes about 30 seconds to answers in total. Would appreciate your help

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...s_c7Q/viewform

Kind regards

Chiefy
    You seem to be missing an important question like "how long do you expect to use the furniture?"

Much of my furniture is decades old. The stuff lasts if it was quality.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

The thing on furniture that wears out is the springs, fabric, stuffing. All of which is replaceable over the wood frame. We are too into just throw away and get a new one.... can't do survey its grayed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    How sustainable is leather ? Cause that’s about the only furniture you should by.

Deleted
    I have never even thought about it for a second and doubt I ever will.

I automatically assume that all materials used are approved by the EU and thus they are up to par with current climate goals.