Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    In a week it is sanguine + volcanic. After that the score itself tells you even less than it does now (and it seems to be the only thing people check for) and the people who don't play during that week are gonna have even harder time getting into groups :/

Quote Originally Posted by webw0lf359 View Post
    We are not all in guilds, don't all have friends. A lot of people are like me, have no-one, we have no choice.
    You do have a choice. You can choose to join one and start forming bonds. It can be hard, I'll give you that, but you won't get anywhere if you don't make any effort. That's how I managed to restart from scratch when I switched from EU to US server.
    (Not a rant/bash, just a friendly advice)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

As someone who only runs a select amount of dungeons it's absolute garb.

Having to run dungeons with poor gear drops only to inflate a score, so that it looks like I know how to run the few dungeons that I actually run.

We are not all in guilds, don't all have friends. A lot of people are like me, have no-one, we have no choice.
    Wtf?

You have a choice to be in a guild, you have a choice to make friends. How on earth can you possibly say you don’t have a choice when every single thing in that sentence is your choice?

As for M+ score, mines ass. I generally don’t push keys too crazy. The highest I’ve done is a 19 EoA. However I still get invited to 15 groups and it’s usually a very good experience. I know what I’m capable of so I apply to keys I know I can successfully complete (brh, dht, nelths, etc), if the leader doesn’t want me due to my score that’s perfectly fine. I’ll continue to apply until I get into a group that’s good.

Another option is to run my own key which I did last week. I pushed my upper 15 to an upper 17 to an EoA 19 and ran all 3 with my own group. People are too lazy to run their own keys so they get mad when other groups decline them for not meeting certain requirements.

TLDR: Run your own damn keys, make your own groups, find friends or be persistent with applying. If you can’t handle any of that then don’t bother.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-12-19 at 10:56 PM.

stupid, ppl want like 2k score which is all dungeons on +17 but i don't want to do seat/cath etc nor do i queue for those i want to smash out my +15 so i do it with guildies/friends oftening boosting someone's friend and we still do 15-17's in time in time, but to anyone in LFG i've not done every dungeon on +19 i'm not ilvl 960 so im obviously awful and will cause a wipefest lol.

keymaster means nothing also because everyone pays for a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i've not done every dungeon on +19 i'm not ilvl 960 so im obviously awful and will cause a wipefest lol.

i mean... yeah? you dont have as much experience or gear or put in as much effort as the people in the group so why would they take the chance to trust you when you could just ruin the key? ofc they would take someone else. it's their right to expect the same of the people in their group as they have themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Essentialy, the system is good. The way most players (imo) use it is bad.
    Mhm. WoWprogress is pretty bad for this, with players only looking at the big aggregate number that represents the quantity of dungeons run rather than the quality. If you need a specific role for, say, Lower Karazhan, then you should be looking at that player's past runs of Lower Karazhan to see how well they've performed there in the past, not looking at the number at the top of the page.

There's a lot of useful information to be found in mythic+ score sites, but a lot of groups don't bother looking at the part that's actually useful. I'll take the player with 300 Mythic+ score who beats Lower Karazhan +15 within the timer every single week over the player who's got a range of inconsistent runs spread out across all the dungeons.

I've tried to find a guild the whole of legion and have failed to do so. I feel I'm playing a different game to most people on this site, I really do.

As for running own keys I often do, got BRH this week - gl on finding a group to run that with teaming and explosive (most weeks I get Seat and that is game over as well)
    I love brh in general. It’s fairly easy. When you get to make your own group you can handpick who you want and it makes things easier. Seat is definitely a bitch but it’s not impossible. If you’re only looking for a 15 then make it clear that you only care about completion and not time. Some keys are hard and some aren’t but that’s the nature of the game so just deal like everyone else who is pushing keys.

As for the guild thing, it depends on what you’re looking for. You can always check the guild recruitment page on the WoW forums and check under your server. There’s always guilds recruiting and posting there. After my last guild had half the raid team burn out and the other half leave the guild due to that, I looked in trade and on the WoW forums until I found a good fit.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-12-20 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    i mean... yeah? you dont have as much experience or gear or put in as much effort as the people in the group so why would they take the chance to trust you when you could just ruin the key? ofc they would take someone else. it's their right to expect the same of the people in their group as they have themselves.
    i dont have as much experience at doing dungeons im not queuing for you mean?

doing DHT/CoS/MoS/nelth mostly, but to get 2k score i need to do the other what 7? 8? dungeons just to show im good at those the 4 i want to do? no thanks and thats why mythic+ score sucks, if i do say a +20 CoS in time shouldn't that be more important than an overall collection of 17-18's on every dungeon, if im queuing specifically for CoS?

It's good for players who are serious about pushing keys as high as possible. Really good for them. It's bad for players (like myself) who only do a +15 for the weekly cache. I like to think myself a very good player, but because I only do one +15 a week, and I don't care what specific dungeon it is, I have a bad score.

Ultimately, I think the biggest problem M+ Score has is with the players and how they use it. +15s are not hard, regardless of affixes, yet many PUGs have ridiculous requirements for entry, leading to this circle of complaining. (Just now I see multiple groups asking for 2k+ score for +15s. So silly.)

As an aside: if Blizzard removed the weekly cache, all of this complaining about Mythic+ Score would stop. Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    It's good for players who are serious about pushing keys as high as possible. Really good for them. It's bad for players (like myself) who only do a +15 for the weekly cache. I like to think myself a very good player, but because I only do one +15 a week, and I don't care what specific dungeon it is, I have a bad score.

Ultimately, I think the biggest problem M+ Score has is with the players and how they use it. +15s are not hard, regardless of affixes, yet many PUGs have ridiculous requirements for entry, leading to this circle of complaining. (Just now I see multiple groups asking for 2k+ score for +15s. So silly.)
    Everyone thinks of themselves as good or decent players. Are complete strangers supposed to take your word for it? No. That's why tools like these exist, as imperfect as they are, to quantify that skill into a easy to process number.

If you have a better way to translate how good you are into a format other people can look at with a simple glance, by all means present your idea.

As an aside: if Blizzard removed the weekly cache, all of this complaining about Mythic+ Score would stop. Food for thought.
    Nope, not only you destroy the incentive to run M+, the complaining would simply transfer to another part of the game. Vetting players will exist with or without any tools, because that's human nature.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

if blizzard removed the weekly cache 90% of players would simply stop doing m+.

Deleted
    Is yes and no. I've seen high ilvl/rating peoples performing like noobs. So I don't really trust this anymore.

Deleted
    Yes.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    if blizzard removed the weekly cache 90% of players would simply stop doing m+.
    (Ps. I don't target you, just one thing led to the other and ended up writing all this haha)

And that here is why M+ has problems and should be looked at. At the moment, it is harder to get in a M+ group without the 2.2k score than to get into an Heroic ABT group without AOTC.

I know I'm gonna get bashed for what I just wrote but in my opinion when you require players to spend hours doing M+ just to be able to pug, there's something wrong here.

Also, most people pugging are doing so because they can't play with their friends or other similar reasons, so how are those players supposed to get that 2.2k score in the first place?

Just an example here, I went to Japan for work last year and I'll be there until May of 2018. I can't play with my guild because of timezone and I don't want to leave my guild to join an Oceanic guild because they are all really good friends. This means I've been going solo pretty much the whole time in Legion and the ONLY time I wasn't able to get into groups and get my weekly shit done is when people started using these kind of addons last patch.

I understand people that don't want to invite baddies into their group, no one wants that. But if someone have 2.2k score, why aren't they doing those keys with their guild? Also that requirement is like asking for ABT AOTC for ABT normal, that's a bullshit requirement.

Deleted
    Meh - M+ score is essentially the pinnacle of everything wrong with the game.
    Wow has so many catch 22's and silly requirements to do anything even remotely challenging or fun.

Every group in the finder wants you to /whisper some achievement or link some score, most of them are also full of antisocial, semi-aggressive blurbs such as "Failers will be kicked" or "Ultra-fast Zerg run - no noobs".

Makes me thankful for my guild - But this game must be hell for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Everyone thinks of themselves as good or decent players. Are complete strangers supposed to take your word for it? No. That's why tools like these exist, as imperfect as they are, to quantify that skill into a easy to process number.

If you have a better way to translate how good you are into a format other people can look at with a simple glance, by all means present your idea.
    Two better ways:

i) Have your score simply being your highest completed dungeon, instead of a culmination across all dungeons. Yes all the dungeons are different, but if you know mechanics and complete a +15 in any one dungeon, you can do it in any other. Game just isn't that hard.

ii) Just abolish M+ Score. +15s are really not that hard, and before M+ Score came in, people were easily pugging +10/+15 (and anecdotally, the only difference I see, personally, is the number of declines I get before I get a group). M+ Score was needed for those who are pushing keys into the 20s, but it's simply not needed for the cache.

Nope, not only you destroy the incentive to run M+, the complaining would simply transfer to another part of the game. Vetting players will exist with or without any tools, because that's human nature.
    Complaints will always exist, but the main problem (I think) people have with M+ Score, is that they need a high score for something that... really doesn't need it. If you're geared and know your class, +15s are a cake walk.

So you take out the weekly cache, and people who have a hellacious time getting into +15s, well, that is no longer a problem, leaving addons like raider.io for people pushing high keys, which is what it was meant to do (not exclude people from easy dungeons).

And before anyone says it, blah blah make your own group. I do, after I get too many declines. I take 4 people who show up, and there are rarely wipes. Certainly 2k+ score isn't needed for it, like so many people in premade finder seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by - Lionheart - View Post
    Meh - M+ score is essentially the pinnacle of everything wrong with the game.
    Wow has so many catch 22's and silly requirements to do anything even remotely challenging or fun.

Every group in the finder wants you to /whisper some achievement or link some score, most of them are also full of antisocial, semi-aggressive blurbs such as "Failers will be kicked" or "Ultra-fast Zerg run - no noobs".

Makes me thankful for my guild - But this game must be hell for new players.
    I agree that pugs can be brutal. Baffles me that some prefer to game that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    ...it is harder to get in a M+ group without the 2.2k score than to get into an Heroic ABT group without AOTC.
    Has not been my experience. My experience is looking through my friends list and whispering (if they haven't whispered me first) "+15 BRH?" and they say "Sure" and boom - I'm in a group.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I have no friends either. What I do is join a guild. You don't need friends to join a guild, you know. Even thought I'm always a solo player, I have discovered that playing MMOs alone makes for an extremely BORING experience, and also it's very difficult to get into pugs that are worth a dime.

I'm doing mythics with the guild, otherwise there is no way I would get in a 10+ mythic without a million player-made filters trying to get rid of me.

It's amazing. I hope there are more ways to filter out lazy/bad players in the future.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52