Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I guess i can see the argument on how this can negatively affect children and no doctor should be calling their patients a fat fuck. But trying to make light of a very serious medical problem just so you don't hurt someone's feelings is quite retarded. Science is based on fact and not your feelings.

So instead of morbidly obese, can they just say 'almost dead due to being lazy and eating too much?'

It's already very difficult to get an appointment with a doctor in a timely manner in some parts of the UK. Even if you succeed, the meeting can feel very rushed and be over in a matter of minutes. So it is very troublesome if people are claiming to be 'offended' when they're told by a medical professional what, exactly, is wrong with their health.

They're wasting precious time that could be spent on people who actually want to improve their health and accept reality.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Which does nothing. We already know that.
    Last time I got told that I became even more fat.
    The only thing that actually worked me losing a big chunk of fat was people helping me understand what i was doing, why the things I thought were healthy were really not healthy and guiding me through the process of working out and what works and what doesn't.

I'm not there yet, but I can tell you that whatever it is you think will work (calling people fat pigs) makes people eat more because they feel like shit because of it.
    and what was the reason that you didnt want to accept truth when you were told it ?

dont you think that couple of decades of ridiculous PC bs like "accept who you are " and " fat is beuatiful " had anything to do with it ?

fat pigs are fat pigs - only PC culture lies to them that they are "beautiful creatures " instead tell them truth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    I guess i can see the argument on how this can negatively affect children and no doctor should be calling their patients a fat fuck. But trying to make light of a very serious medical problem just so you don't hurt someone's feelings is quite retarded. Science is based on fact and not your feelings.
    an sugarcoating will affect them negatively too

the reosult will be them growing into big pussies instead adoults capable of dealing with shit.

thats why western society is so weak nowadays

7+ Year Old Account
    What does this really change? Call them “above a health weight range”, "thicc" or whatever words people use these days, but in the end everybody knows they are just fat, meaning projects into words, not otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Let's see - pregnant woman weights around 73kilos. Does that mean that father would be discussed even then?
    What? What does pregnant womans weight have to do with the father?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    It's like not using the word cancer when telling someone he/she has cancer because that person might be insecure about having cancer...

I guess feelings are more important than actually being healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Which avatar though?

Plus it's not my fault nobody else is raising this issue on here. Not sure why..
    The reasons are that this is a gaming forum. Most are fat. Secondly we have this overzealous dude who hates fat people with the fury of a thousand suns. No more is needed.

So...Gravity Challenged?

Quote Originally Posted by HymenDestroyer View Post
    What does this really change? Call them “above a health weight range”, "thicc" or whatever words people use these days, but in the end everybody knows they are just fat, meaning projects into words, not otherwise.
    Change the name of the condition and maybe you'll change the condition. Kinda like growing old/growing older, midget vs little people, retarded vs mentally challenged, racist vs alt-right, die vs pass away.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2017-12-20 at 10:49 AM.

Common weight - 73 kilos, which is a bit heavy but not "disgust" material. Fixed misspelling on disgust in previous post.
    A bit heavy for whom? I am 170cm tall woman. 73kg would be 500 grams overweight. It's a thread about obesity. Obese for me would be 85 or 87, can't remember which. Obese is after all a medical term with definitions, and it ranges from one person to the next, depending on their characteristics. It's not "I decided all women need to be this x weight, or are obese".

If you are 170 cm tall and 73kgs would be 500grams overweight, that means that woman in post is like what - 120 cm tall? I mean, I really trying to understand how obese one would be in this situation where one could not look at her. I am quite aware that people these days are way too sensitive on everything that they consider not normal. So, if someone doesn't look like athlete - proclaim him/her obese!
    The problem to me seems to stem from using underweight models for everything, and after a time people seem to get the idea, that that is the "normal" weight. Then they'll call normal weight people fat, somewhat overweight ones obese, and the circus goes on.

What the society needs to do, is stop putting anorexia on pedestal, calling normal weight models "plus size", and also stop normalizing obesity, which seems to be the latest counter movement to the first two practices. None of that is healthy for society, and the damages done so far are evident.

As for your example, I have no idea, since I've not seen which woman you're talking about. 73kg would be obese for someone 155cm tall btw. And on the reverse, someone 10cm taller than me, at 180 would be just fine at 73kg. For such person it wouldn't even be slightly overweight as it would for me. Then if we're to expand past height, ones build is also big factor. There's a difference in whether you're 28' or 36' by default, and there's no changing that. Slimmer at same height will need to weigh less.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-12-20 at 11:26 AM.

Yeah, I agree completely. And the original post says "She was 73 kilos".
    Just noticed. Ublock wants to block the Tennis links, so I don't know if her height is stated anywhere. But, as mentioned, if she were to be 155 or less, it would indeed be obese for her.

Not calling someone obese doesn't make them less obese.

Here is an image of an obese individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Not calling someone obese doesn't make them less obese.

Here is an image of an obese individual.
    Wow version would be Therazane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Which avatar though?

Plus it's not my fault nobody else is raising this issue on here. Not sure why..
    because most people know how to leave well enough alone
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Don't tell patients they got cancer either, less they be offended.

Or dementia, less they be offended.

Or tell them they only got 3 months to live, less they get upset...

Etc.

Fuck off with the retardation, if it's a doctor they've got to tell how it is when it comes to a person's health -- cause bets are those obese morons would sue them when they suffer from a heart attack and their doctor told them they were "healthy", or whatever touchy feelies them idiots wanted to hear.

Whoever wrote those guidelines should be fucking shot, beyond PATHETIC.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-12-20 at 11:48 AM.

As somebody who gained 35kg in a 2- 2 ½ year period due to illness that greatly reduced my ability to function and stopped me exercising altogether, sugar coating it does nobody any favours, no matter the cause or reason for the excess weight.

When I was told it was turning into an issue on its own I took responsibility for it, I had assumed when I was better I would start going to the gym again (before I was sick I went 3 times a week) so over the last couple of years with tight diet control I have lost most of it, I’m currently 95kg so have another 5kg to get back to my pre getting sick weight, but it would have been a lot simpler if people told me I was getting to be a fat fuck a lot sooner!

Good morning students. In an update to the faculty handbook, the term "Fatty Boombalatty" has been added to the list of unacceptable hate speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    No, nothing new. I see no point in actively hurting someone with language, when it costs so little to change it.
    "You are obese" <--- "You have reached an unhealthy weight". One is seen as less offensive. I see no problem with that.
    But it's fine, we can agree to disagree.
    Indeed we can. Have a nice day.