Thread: AP "reward"

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

AP "reward"

Since more and more players reach artifact level 75 and we have AK 55 as maximum, I see getting AP is no longer a reward, whether we are talking about M+, raids, WQ-s etc.

AP becomes obsolete once you reach artifact level 75 on all your specs, while e.g. order hall resource or gold rewards remain somewhat relevant and useful.

I want my rewards back.

Yeah, make the AP token sellable and/or BoA.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Yeah, make the AP token sellable and/or BoA.
    Ap tokens are sellable for quite some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Wow, way ahead of me then, thanks for the info

Last thing I remember, they made the extra AP tokens from follower equipment non-sellable - which made me think from then on, all AP tokens shall be non-sellable.

Just raise AK each week till the BFA by 100% or whatever(compared to the last one).

no they removed sale costs once 7.3.2 came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, way ahead of me then, thanks for the info

Last thing I remember, they made the extra AP tokens from follower equipment non-sellable - which made me think from then on, all AP tokens shall be non-sellable.
    no they removed sale of them since 7.3.2 due to crucible
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except they aren't, because when they decided to raise AK again they took that away.

You mean vendor it? not to other players?
    R.I.P Cityfella 2004-2016 <Warrior for life>

Deleted
    Weren't they adding more concordance ranks soon? And the latter one's gave bigger gains than the earlier one's if I understood it correctly.

Deleted
    don't be surprised if 7.3.5 adds something that needs a level 85 orso artifact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Weren't they adding more concordance ranks soon? And the latter one's gave bigger gains than the earlier one's if I understood it correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    don't be surprised if 7.3.5 adds something that needs a level 85 orso artifact.
    Why should I aim for it? The current top raiding content can be beaten by a lvl75 artifact. 7.3.5. won't bring any new raid or higher level pve content.

The crucible is the same thing as e.g. badge gear upgrade was: nerf the previous raid content. There will be no more raids in Legion and 15M+ is also the highest rewarding dungeon content. That's it, we hit pve endgame of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Why should I aim for it? The current top raiding content can be beaten by a lvl75 artifact. 7.3.5. won't bring any new raid or higher level pve content.

The crucible is the same thing as e.g. badge gear upgrade was: nerf the previous raid content. There will be no more raids in Legion and 15M+ is also the highest rewarding dungeon content. That's it, we hit pve endgame of the expansion.
    Well, in the spirit of Legion RNG, they could maybe add an option to reroll the shadow and light crucible traits.

Something like 100,000,000,000 per reroll. Sounds good enough?

Deleted
    Well, in the spirit of Legion RNG, they could maybe add an option to reroll the shadow and light crucible traits.

Something like 100,000,000,000 per reroll. Sounds good enough?
    Nah. Maybe If I would be a cutting edge player. Also "reroll" assumes that what you suggest is also RNG, so it may become something worse than it was before.

Deleted
    Nah. Maybe If I would be a cutting edge player. Also "reroll" assumes that what you suggest is also RNG, so it may become something worse than it was before.
    uhm if you are not a cutting edge player, then you WILL need the 7.3.5 player buffs/content nerfs to keep making progress. and getting some AP now will mean you get those buffs faster when they arrive, which is the reward you were asking about.

like half the cutting edge players need those buffs to get cutting edge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    uhm if you are not a cutting edge player, then you WILL need the 7.3.5 player buffs/content nerfs to keep making progress. and getting some AP now will mean you get those buffs faster when they arrive, which is the reward you were asking about.

like half the cutting edge players need those buffs to get cutting edge.
    I think you don't understand. I'm a casual player now (I did progress before), so I raid in the weekly alt runs with my guild. Later, when they will go for mythic with mains and hc with alts, I'll do hc. That's it, I would never go to mythic anyway, curve is more than enough for me. I can also get the max reward weekly M+ chests with this warrior.

So I'm really not the one that needs more buffs, especially in endgame content. Running M+ and those weekly raids will increase the power I need for my goals over time and the whole thing is wiped clean with new expansion anyway. ToS got nerfed by the crucible, Antorus is the final raid in this expansion, it requires nerf no longer. Overall ilvl increase, titanforge, M+ etc. nerfs the content pretty fast anyway.

Once you reach a point where your power is enough to beat the current content (or your aimed content), it's no longer mandatory to increase your power further. Sure it's good to beat bosses faster and steamroll content with high ilvl gear, but it's just an extra.

That's why elitism exists in the game, because certain players can't understand this, and that's why certain classes are marked as "non viable". However when you need 10k dps to beat a boss and every single dps specs can do the 10k, but some can do 14k, others just 11k, then the 11k dps will be benched and the elitist raid will be filled with the 14k dps players.
    Skill is an other question where your spec is capable to do 12k dps (where 10k is needed to beat the boss) at that certain ilvl, but you can't do more than 9k with it. More power helps it of course, but then it's called overgeared content.

All in all, unless we get a mandatory goal to reach again in order to be able to beat a higher ilvl pve content than Antorus, the AP we get past lvl75 is just unnecessary and obsolete. So once you maxed out your weapon, AP as a progressing reward becomes nonexistent.
    Last edited by mmoc9aac36c166; 2017-12-20 at 01:49 PM.

When I saw blizzard adding 50 more concordance levels, all I could think of was "these guys suck at math". Lets take example of someone who has achieved artifact level 86. This artifact level takes 8 days to get right now. Lets not focus on how he farms ap or how much, lets just say it took 8 days to get that artifact level. According to the math every level requires 25% more artifact power than the last one. So calculating how much time it would take to get the last level 101, the math would be 8*1.25^15=227.37~228. So according to the math it would take 228 days to get the last concordance level.

So why in the living hell would they put 50 more?

I want my rewards back.
    Before AP, what rewards do you think you were getting for dailies?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    When I saw blizzard adding 50 more concordance levels, all I could think of was "these guys suck at math". Lets take example of someone who has achieved artifact level 86. This artifact level takes 8 days to get right now. Lets not focus on how he farms ap or how much, lets just say it took 8 days to get that artifact level. According to the math every level requires 25% more artifact power than the last one. So calculating how much time it would take to get the last level 101, the math would be 8*1.25^15=227.37~228. So according to the math it would take 228 days to get the last concordance level.

It's just to make sure no one gets there. It isn't "Here's the goal, now go for it!" it's just trying to put a cap on it, that people won't each.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post

Because... and keep with me here.. as they said in earlier QA's.. don't want people to max it out.. so that AP always stays "relevant" but not something you want to "farm" for..

I know its crazy... now stop your silly moaning about shit that really does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post

It's just to make sure no one gets there. It isn't "Here's the goal, now go for it!" it's just trying to put a cap on it, that people won't each.
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Because... and keep with me here.. as they said in earlier QA's.. don't want people to max it out.. so that AP always stays "relevant" but not something you want to "farm" for..

I know its crazy... now stop your silly moaning about shit that really does not matter.
    The last points are going to take over year to farm if someone would farm them. No one is ever going to max it out even if they played non stop.

Since more and more players reach artifact level 75 and we have AK 55 as maximum, I see getting AP is no longer a reward, whether we are talking about M+, raids, WQ-s etc.

AP becomes obsolete once you reach artifact level 75 on all your specs, while e.g. order hall resource or gold rewards remain somewhat relevant and useful.

I want my rewards back.
    They appear to intend to increase AK and change concordance, given they've added levels 51-100 to concordance and given it a massive primary stat proc compared to what it is now (?). This is likely to act as a soft nerf to current raid content, as a proc of 40,000 primary stat and level 1,000 Pantheon trinkers are going to make mythic bosses melt in to a complete joke.

You'll spend more time crossing Immonar's bridge than actually fighting him.