So a bit confused with the unholy rotation and I am level 76 now

So I get that when I use festering strike it adds 2-4 festering wounds.

I then use scourge to whack open the festering wounds on the target doing more damage.

When should i reapply festering? it seems to do more dmg then scourge/claw?

assume the gargoyle/transformation is a use on cooldown type thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post

I then use scourge to whack open the festering wounds on the target doing more damage.

only being 76 will cause things to be really weird, your missing alot of key abilities/stats and most of the time your abilities aren't scaled well. That being said however, When you compare Festering to Scourge/claw you also gotta take into account your wound damage, when you scourge/claw it also pops a wound so the abilities are technically added together.

You use Festering Strike to keep at least 2/4 Festering wounds on the target, depending on its health. If it's below 20% (for a normal/elite target) just use your Scourge Strike / Shadowing Claw to explodes the remaining Festering wounds.

Festering Strike isn't really part of the rotation, since you're capped to 8 FW, it helps you to apply the dot so your SS/SC will do more damages.
    You can start with FSx2 > SS/SC x4 > Death coilx3 and repeat if your runes allow it

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    You use Festering Strike to keep at least 2/4 Festering wounds on the target, depending on its health. If it's below 20% (for a normal/elite target) just use your Scourge Strike / Shadowing Claw to explodes the remaining Festering wounds.

Festering Strike isn't really part of the rotation, since you're capped to 8 FW, it helps you to apply the dot so your SS/SC will do more damages.
    You can start with FSx2 > SS/SC x4 > Death coilx3 and repeat if your runes allow it
    So festering isnt part of the rotation or do u use it sparingly once u have a group of festering wounds on a target?

With Wounds: never use it or use it when ur low on wounds
    Without wounds: Scouge strike or death coil always trump festering

Very basically, you want to Festering Strike either when there are no wounds on the target, or when there are 4 or less and you also have more than 4 or more runes ready to go, so you're not wasting rune recharge time.

Any other time you want to spend your runes on Scourge Strike and runic power on Death Coil. Only ever use scourge strike when the target has at least 2 wounds on it.

Does that make any sense? I think that's as simple as I can think to make it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdark View Post
    Very basically, you want to Festering Strike either when there are no wounds on the target, or when there are 4 or less and you also have more than 4 or more runes ready to go, so you're not wasting rune recharge time.

Any other time you want to spend your runes on Scourge Strike and runic power on Death Coil. Only ever use scourge strike when the target has at least 2 wounds on it.

Does that make any sense? I think that's as simple as I can think to make it right now.
    Yes just will have to track the runes somehow will use WA. also i am using the clawed finger thing instead of scourge strike seems cool.

Yes just will have to track the runes somehow will use WA. also i am using the clawed finger thing instead of scourge strike seems cool.
    It is cool if you have a lot of mastery and allows you to deal damages on range if you can't stand in melee.

<3 wounds=use festering (unless target is low and will die in like 2-3 hits then use SS/claw to burst wounds and kill mob)
    >3 wounds=use runes on SS/claw

this is kinda the basic rule when it comes to runes and wounds, later on your can invest some more time into rune and RP managment so you dont cap resources
    Last edited by valky94; 2017-12-20 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    It is cool if you have a lot of mastery and allows you to deal damages on range if you can't stand in melee.
    Also i assume useful in pvp where you can stun or snare and kite idiots while u whack them with it?

Also i assume useful in pvp where you can stun or snare and kite idiots while u whack them with it?
    Kind of. But yeah, use WAs. I can't imagine playing a DK without it. If you don't want to bother with WAs, you can use the compact runes addon. It does a pretty good job for all 3 specs and is easily understandable once you get a hang of it.

7+ Year Old Account

Get to 110 then focus in rotation... or 100.

Leveling as frost is much, much easier as you get free death strikes with every kill so no down time
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post

Leveling as frost is much, much easier as you get free death strikes with every kill so no down time
    both Unholy and Frost get Dark succor after killing a mob

Deleted

I'd argue unholy is easier to level. Run around dot everything then run away and epidemic !

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I'd argue unholy is easier to level. Run around dot everything then run away and epidemic !
    True. You can run around, grab everyrhing and blow then up but you'll need to pause and eat every now and then. Think it was in MoP many leveled as blood for 0 down time and soloing rates as they appeared. I leveled 2 DKs in legion- both HFC geared- and found frost was way faster. PLUS the hidden surprise only frost gets on the broken isle. No spoilers but it didn't happen as blood or UH... the first time I seen it I cheered. Every zone had the hidden event and I did then all twice!
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    True. You can run around, grab everyrhing and blow then up but you'll need to pause and eat every now and then. Think it was in MoP many leveled as blood for 0 down time and soloing rates as they appeared. I leveled 2 DKs in legion- both HFC geared- and found frost was way faster. PLUS the hidden surprise only frost gets on the broken isle. No spoilers but it didn't happen as blood or UH... the first time I seen it I cheered. Every zone had the hidden event and I did then all twice!
    Just death strike a couple of times and your good to go

7+ Year Old Account
    im 105 and till feels awful, Switch to frost and it is way more enjoyable, im active beating people to death and actually doing stuff in dgs and open world, hope Unholy gets better at max lv cause i don't wanna reroll , love unholy since Cata