Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Interesting that our politically correct culture still accepts male-on-male rape jokes as humorous. And that rape in prison is still widely accepted as an appropriate part of punishment for any crime. Also, this joke insinuates that males don't sexually harass or rape other men OUTSIDE prison, when they most certainly do. The strong majority of male-on-male rape is perpetrated by heterosexual males, and wayyyyyy more stigmatized to report than male-on-female rape. FYI.
    Who said rape is accepted as punishment? And it says nothing about men not harassing other men on the outside.
    It says: Assuming you're a heterosexual, how would you like to be advanced by a man that probably has no problems morally or physically raping you (hence in prison) in a place where you can't get away (hence prison). Because women are more likely to feel unsafe and bothered by strange men, that they have no idea what is capable of, coming over to then and wanting to get intimate. Some guys think that all women will either feel good about it, or just brush it off. They should really know better by now.
    Also, I feel just as sorry for raped men as I do for raped women, it is an issue we should deal with.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post
    Context and timing.
    I completely agree with you actually. I, myself, am a gentleman... and have never catcalled. My concern is how extremists will take it to the Nth level to the point where it is solely up to the woman if the other person is "sexally assaulting" her merely on the grounds of how she "felt".

Some women will cross the street when they see a black person or group of black people ahead. Isn't that racially assaulting/prejudicing that group? I mean now we are getting into an area where one person's "feels" are in direct conflict with another person's "feels". Who goes to jail.. or who is in the wrong?

Sexual assault should be a clear, concise defined set of actions. Then people can abide by them. However, if left up to how someone "felt"... allows someone to take advantage of another like the poor trash guy in the video.

Let's face it... there are certain times when women are more irritable and emotional due to physical issues they are experiencing. Not sexist... fact. Perhaps during these times a man might be MORE guilty of something than other times simply because the "feels" are different.

But I have to say... if a man sees a woman he is incredibly drawn to... even if she is walking down the street... he should be able to express his interest without fear of being jailed. After all... who knows... they could very well hit it off and be together the rest of their lives. Or he could be silent and never see her again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post
    And what exactly do you think would happen to one of the women in that workplace if they didn't laugh along with the joke? Don't confuse going along with the joke as actually finding it funny and/or appreciating comments like "hey, nice ass". Women feel like they can't speak out against comments and jokes like this because guys like you call them "special snowflakey types". Saying "that's not ok" still runs the risk of social isolation and bullying just because she didn't appreciate a tasteless "joke".

It's very easy for guys to say, I would ignore it or say something back because we aren't faced with anywhere near the level of harassment women are on the daily.
    The same thing would happen as when I say that I don't drink alcohol for example.
    Yes there are people that find it weird, there will be people that will try to persuade me to drink not believing that I actually don't drink at all, some won't even invite me to parties because of that, or consider me to be a weirdo. I don't really care about the opinion of those people, neither should the woman that doesn't like the tasteless joke care about the opinion of the dude that made it. The majority of people don't care about whether you laugh at tasteless jokes or not. Especially at the workplace. People do care about if you do your job right, if you help them along the way, whether or not you steal their lunch from the fridge, but not really care if you said that Jeff should go fuck himself when he said something about your ass.
    It is ok not to be liked by everyone, it is ok that sometimes people will say insensitive stuff to you or about you, you just ignore it and carry on with your life.

The whole paradigm that noone should be offended ever by anything is idiotic at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Who said rape is accepted as punishment? And it says nothing about men not harassing other men on the outside.
    It says: Assuming you're a heterosexual, how would you like to be advanced by a man that probably has no problems morally or physically raping you (hence in prison) in a place where you can't get away (hence prison). Because women are more likely to feel unsafe and bothered by strange men, that they have no idea what is capable of, coming over to then and wanting to get intimate. Some guys think that all women will either feel good about it, or just brush it off. They should really know better by now.
    Also, I feel just as sorry for raped men as I do for raped women, it is an issue we should deal with.
    How often is a woman, living in a non 3rd world country really harrassed by a man where she has a chance of being raped by said man?
    E.g. the whole discussion started from the workplace harrassement. How likely is it that you will be raped by a colleague that just said something about how sexy you look in this dress? That he will just jump her in her cubicle, rip her clothes off and brutally rape her while everyone is looking?

And if we are talking about a situation when a woman is alone, at night and in a bad neighborhood - I am a rather big guy, with some martial art training and some street fighting experience from my football hooligan days, but when I am alone, and it is dark, and I see a group of guys, probably drunk and kinda active and shouty - I don't feel any shame to just in case cross the street or change my route to avoid potential confrontation too. Yes they won't probably compliment my ass, but they still can beat me up for fun or to rob me no problem. Or even if I am the winner in the fight - I might then have issues with the law if I use my knife, or if one of them bangs his head while falling, and that is not the trouble that I want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Perhaps it was more of a window into your argument... and an opportunity to self reflect on how your statement actually was demeaning to women without your intending it that way. Reversing what you said, you would prefer being raped by a woman than a man because it is far less worse.. I doubt, if you gave it all more thought, you would actually think that.
    I think male on male rape is psychologically more damaging especially regarding heterosexuals. It's also physically more damaging

Deleted
    It seems like you're all at each other's throats and not really seeing why all of this is happening in the first place.

Society has taught humans how to behave like this, that means if we want to completely stop this, punishment won't do anything but cause people to be better at hiding it. We need to create a new society that does not teach these things at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Careful, your homophobia is showing Mr. White Knight. If you truly understood rape, you would understand they are completely equal.
    Really? Your ass gets torn open and requires stitches when your penis is inserted into a vagina against your will? Well, that's shocking.