Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Christian is free to give his current position up to a woman. A black man. A black woman. Or best of all: a crippled black transwoman, if he so desires.

Be the change you want to see. C'mon. Walk the walk, don't just talk the talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Aya L View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

I see plenty of countries where black people come from which are relatively well off on that list, many doing better than many white immigrants.
    Seems my numbers were off, I used another list. Looks like there are plenty of black people who are doing well.

Then the multicultural dudes should go to school, outperform the white evil motherfuckers and take their jobs through fair competition and superior skill

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Mind linking your source for this data?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._capita_income

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    In terms of Africa I can agree they were not ready to move past what we would of considered the stone age
    > Berates someone for 'not studying history'.
    > Claims that an entire continent that has hosted multiple empires and urban confederations over the course of its history was 'what we would have considered the stone age'.

but and here is the kicker it did provide them with a far more stable society then they had before.
    No, it didn't. It provided them with a more westernised society than before, which is not always a good thing.

The problem was it simply was to successful without the barbarism they where accustomed to their population swelled out of control and a land of plenty became one of want.
    "Without the barbarism they were accustomed to".

Please do explain how you're not a racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Guess we just haven't learned here in Houston, our last mayor was openly lesbian and our current one is black.
    What the hell does that even mean? We have Obama does that mean that racism is dead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Because those immigrants live in areas which aren't outright hostile and engage in policies that only engender segregation and violent police practices.
    Sorry, I find that hard to believe.

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt my life experience would be that much different from others in the country if I lived in USA.
    Yes they would, you are coming from Sweden, a country with universal healthcare, optimal unemployment and vacation benefits mandated by the state, high literacy, low crime, and a countrywide prerogative to ensure all citizens are highly educated and participating in democratic ideals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What the hell does that even mean? We have Obama does that mean that racism is dead?
    "Outliers that are noticeable precisely because they're exceptional are indicative of how things are for most people!"
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    So I am to take the guilt of the past but restrict myself from the glory?

What a odd way to consider history. Why not be proud of what the past accomplished?
    I don’t? And am I supposed to give about what you do?

See, clowns like you and @BuckSparkles can’t seem to grasp that because I don’t look back at history with rose tinted glasses pretending everything was great and nothing bad ever happened means I ignore the good things that came from it. That’s not my problem, it’s yours.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2017-12-20 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Grammar is hard I guess

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I find that hard to believe.
    You should come live in suburban Nashville or Birmingham to see.

Deleted
    Yes they would, you are coming from Sweden, a country with universal healthcare, optimal unemployment and vacation benefits mandated by the state, high literacy, low crime, and a countrywide prerogative to ensure all citizens are highly educated and participating in democratic ideals.
    I said I doubt it would be much different from others(who live in USA) if I lived in USA. Of course it's going to be different than living in Sweden but that's not what I said I doubted.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Keeping slaves is as bad as enslavement, as is buying them as it encourages a market for the creation of new slaves.
    If its as bad why do we not ride negros into the ground over their largest slave trade in history?

15+ Year Old Account
    I said from others if I lived in USA. I doubt it would be much different from others living in USA. Of course it's going to be different than living in Sweden but that's not what I said I doubted.
    Other Swedes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, viewing a societal issue as a function of individual agency is intellectually dishonest.
    Societies are made up of the people in them, holding someone responsible for what happened before they were born, based on their skin colour or nationality, is idiotic.

Should every Turkish person pay me reparations for the actions of their ancestors to mine? The Italians too? Greeks? British? Venetians? Iranians? Cyprus has been conquered a lot, I’d be minted.

Can't redress a wrong or mitigate its legacy unless you understand its sources and the things sustaining that legacy. Nor am I in the habit of glossing over the bad parts of a country's history because Rule Britannia or some rubbish.
    Nobody alive did anything wrong, your are calling for Old Testament ‘sins of the father’ and appear to not realise how backwards that is.

Deleted
    Other Swedes?
    I said I doubt it would be much different from others(others who live in USA) if I lived in USA.

Deleted
    Oh good for you and how was it? I hope it was good for europe because it's fucking useless now isn't it? Fuck sake man you're amateur.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I don’t? And am I supposed to give about what you do?

See, clowns like you and @BuckSparkles can’t seem to grasp that because I don’t look back at history with rose tinted glasses pretending everything was great and nothing bad ever happened means I ignore the good things that came from it. That’s not a my problem, it’s yours.
    But you do. Posters like you utterly hate everything about America. All I see is contempt for the USA.

> Berates someone for 'not studying history'.
    > Claims that an entire continent that has hosted multiple empires and urban confederations over the course of its history was 'what we would have considered the stone age'.

No, it didn't. It provided them with a more westernised society than before, which is not always a good thing.

"Without the barbarism they were accustomed to".

Please do explain how you're not a racist.
    I am a racist how could I not be I understand enough science to know there are undeniable differences within the races of man beyond that of simple skin color. Trying to claim otherwise is similar to arguing that the world is flat. It denies what we know to keep a comfortable myth alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Societies are made up of the people in them, holding someone responsible for what happened before they were born, based on their skin colour or nationality, is idiotic.

Should every Turkish person pay me reparations for the actions of their ancestors to mine? The Italians too? Greeks? British? Venetians? Iranians? Cyprus has been conquered a lot, I’d be minted.

Nobody alive did anything wrong, your are calling for Old Testament ‘sins of the father’ and appear to not realise how backwards that is.
    "Someone" "person" "nobody".

Yeah, no: stop trying to conflate examination of societal issues and their legacy with a personal attack.