Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Biggest regrets from Vanilla that you cant wait to finish in Classic.

What were some regrets you had in vanilla. Some things you always wanted to do but never got around to doing? What are some things you cant wait to complete this time around?

For me personally:

• Never learned or even leveled Fishing. Cant wait to fish the shit out of Azeroth this time around.
    • Never learned or even leveled cooking. Not really excited to do this. But i feel i need to because i never did in Vanilla.
    • full clear Naxx. Was only able to get up to 4H =(
    • Level a mage alt.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

actually play it.

I have a 60 on Light's Hope, thats about it

Getting a Corrupted Ashbringer (only if xmog can be applied to live)

I only ever played my rogue because it was that hard to level and get gold even as a double-gatherer. I didn't even get a regular epic mount until halfway through BC. I'd like to level a new class and see what their respective crippling disadvantages are, like how I had no self healing and so was forced to carry around tons of bandages, and had to level not one but TWO rogue only professions by traveling the world looking for locked boxes filled with garbage at the bottom of lakes and in heavily guarded castles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

My biggest regret was not playing on the horde side during Vanilla. I never got to experience the infamous "barrens chat".

Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    My biggest regret was not playing on the horde side during Vanilla. I never got to experience the infamous "barrens chat".
    You can try it out on private servers, it's disturbingly racist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    You can try it out on private servers, it's disturbingly racist!
    Lmao this is true.

Yet i feel it's still lacking due the severe lack of chuck norris jokes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I only ever played my rogue because it was that hard to level and get gold even as a double-gatherer. I didn't even get a regular epic mount until halfway through BC. I'd like to level a new class and see what their respective crippling disadvantages are, like how I had no self healing and so was forced to carry around tons of bandages, and had to level not one but TWO rogue only professions by traveling the world looking for locked boxes filled with garbage at the bottom of lakes and in heavily guarded castles.
    haha i know that feel far too well. You spend all this time getting to 60 only to realize that you made a bad mistake with the class you chose. And the thought of leveling again was just out of the picture.

Thankfully we know what we want and where we are going this time around.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Quote Originally Posted by mikepic View Post
    Getting a Corrupted Ashbringer (only if xmog can be applied to live)
    This, We finished Naxx before BC came out but only ever had 1 of these drop for guild. HOWEVER I dont see myself playing classic again just for a transmog, not sure anything can force me to do all of classic over again.

Classic is starting to remind me of War

You have those who were in the thick of it and want nothing else to do with it.
    You have those her were enlisted but never went to the front, that would be the players did played vanilla but never accomplished anything
    You have the ones that lie about being there but never actually played any of it, or coming in at the last month or so but claim they were there for all of it (usually the most vocal supporters of wanting another one)

Deleted
    Clearing naxx. Hopefully playing on a pve server... hmm... Trying something else then tanking

not rolling a drwarf priest so i can get carried easier since, they were the only ones with fearward.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    And that's what was so cool about Vanilla. A rogue infiltrating castles , stealing shit and really being a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    actually play it.

I have a 60 on Light's Hope, thats about it
    basically this. I started the December before TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only real regret is not fully clearing Naxx before 2.0 came out. Had to finish it after TBC came out because the raiding became unplayable due to the unstable servers in 2.0.

But that's not going to be something I'll have the free time to invest in nowadays. I was a student with no life back then. Now I'm old!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    My only real regret is not fully clearing Naxx before 2.0 came out. Had to finish it after TBC came out because the raiding became unplayable due to the unstable servers in 2.0.

But that's not going to be something I'll have the free time to invest in nowadays. I was a student with no life back then. Now I'm old!
    It doesnt take a whole lot of hardcore dedication to clear naxx today. People are so much better players that things are getting rolled over. Most private servers have buffed boss health just so it isnt completely trivial.

Naxx is harder then the rest. But if you raid even normal/hc today its not going to be a problem clearing naxx with a 1 night a week raiding guild

I'm excited for so much - basically to redo my experience, but better. I was a Ret pally at heart since day one. I leveled at times as Prot (that grind was some of the most fun I'd ever had), and I was forced unexpectedly into healing once I got into raids.

This time around, I'm actually planning from the beginning. I'm going full holy shockadin from day one, gearing and planning to heal when I get to 60.

I regret not raiding more in Classic. I cleared MC, Ony, and ZG, but I don't think I ever killed Nef back then. We cleared Chromag, but real life picked up and I couldn't really raid past that. That means I never fully cleared BWL, never entered AQ 20 or 40, or Naxx. I plan to raid far more this time - mostly because I expect that as times have changed, we're better raiders. Even with the mathematic and gear limitations, we'll still be able to execute boss strats far better than in the past. I can't imagine that raids will take nearly as long to do. I hope they take a while, but I doubt very much you'll NEED to do 20-40 hours of raiding per week to clear things.

Beyond the raiding, I don't have any regrets from Classic times (maybe not completing Winterspring rep at the time). I did just about everything I wanted to do, was never bored, and even when I was just going to grind mobs in an area (for XP or certain mat drops) it was always fun. I regret that the game is missing this currently, so I'm glad I'll be able to go back!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    It doesnt take a whole lot of hardcore dedication to clear naxx today. People are so much better players that things are getting rolled over. Most private servers have buffed boss health just so it isnt completely trivial.

Naxx is harder then the rest. But if you raid even normal/hc today its not going to be a problem clearing naxx with a 1 night a week raiding guild
    That is something I really hope ends up being the case. I would love the opportunity to raid again. And would absolutely love the opportunity to clear naxx again. However I just dont have the same time I had back then. I too think this will happen, however you never know =P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are such a lier it’s not event funny anymore. It wasn’t that hard to lvl. I am lvling a priest right now on one lf the PS and it’s totally fine. Slow but fine. I can even kill 2 mobs if I pull em. And getting epic mount only in the middle of BC??? Haha, by the time you get to 70 with how much all trash and greys and greens cost at that time you had at least 500g! I lvled my toon 5 days after lunch and bought a flying mount (basic one but still). So dont tell bs please.

OP - my bigget regret was missing out on AQ gates opening and pre Naxx event. Seeing AQ40 and Naxx in their actual time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    You are such a lier it’s not event funny anymore. It wasn’t that hard to lvl. I am lvling a priest right now on one lf the PS and it’s totally fine. Slow but fine. I can even kill 2 mobs if I pull em. And getting epic mount only in the middle of BC??? Haha, by the time you get to 70 with how much all trash and greys and greens cost at that time you had at least 500g! I lvled my toon 5 days after lunch and bought a flying mount (basic one but still). So dont tell bs please.

OP - my bigget regret was missing out on AQ gates opening and pre Naxx event. Seeing AQ40 and Naxx in their actual time.
    Oh the server crash fest of all crashes?! haha yeah it was an absolute blast and horror when the gates opened. All the newbies without guilds trying to kill everything and dieing. The guilds that opened the gates just ignored all the mobs and ran inside to get a start on AQ40.

The pre naxx event was awesome! Thh scourge attacking all the major cities. For Azeroth!

Leveling a horde to 60. Farthest I got was 24 shaman before giving up on horde side. I had several level 60 alliance. I found alliance leveling zones so much easier to navigate.

In classic I only plan on leveling so I will try to level one of each class/race as time allows. Unfortunately my free time has diminished considerably. Getting old sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post

It's ridiculous to call me a liar when simple idiocy would do. I vendored all my herbs until level 12 because I wanted to buy white gear from the vendor. I also didn't like the AH because it gave me carpal tunnel syndrome that makes my wrists twitch any time I think about it. I did not like spending over half my time in-game at the AH, so I often just vendored things that were probably very valuable because "screw that." Not to mention our bags were much smaller and I was a hoarder, so I had to return to either a vendor or a mailbox every few minutes, and mailboxes were much, much harder to find. Both being rarer and non-trackable on your minimap.

I know exactly when I got my epic mount because the specific memory was me going "aaagh, it's too fast!" and flying right off the rope bridges in Nagrand.

And yeah, TWO mobs. Mobs back then did this thing called "running away and coming back with 5 or 6 friends." Spellcasters were the worst because you had to run up to them to interrupt them, which would aggro more, and we had no ability to dispel or counter magic damage. (or bleeds, which interrupted bandages, my only source of healing)

My spec was non-cookie-cutter as well, putting a lot of points into things like subtlety's "20% movement speed while stealthed? YES!!" instead of damage.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-12-20 at 05:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.