Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    During EN and NH, you could not upgrade your cache once the mission spawned. I think that is where a lot of the confusion comes from.

In ToS however, you could upgrade it after the mission spawned, a guildmate who had the exact same number of kills as me sent theirs out when we were a couple kills shy of the required amount, and I waited a day or two until we did have enough: they got heroic and I got mythic. This is exactly how it worked in WoD. The second Antorus caches haven't popped yet but hopefully it works the same way.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2017-12-17 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipsissimus View Post
    Factually wrong. We've tested this in my guild in ToS.

edit:
    I personally had the mission spawn, had 11 kills rather than 12 (sat out on a 'farm' boss I didn't need main spec items on), waited to get another kill and then sent it out. People who sent their mission out with 11 kills got a heroic cache.

edit 2:
    Since this wasn't an 'active' test (outside of waiting for an extra kill myself), I don't know whether it's linked to when you send it out or when you complete it. Either way, it is not linked to when it spawns.
    you are FACTUALLY wrong.

It used to work like that in NH (last time I waited to get kills and it worked) but no longer works like that anymore (tested in ToS), the loot is determined based on when it spawns not when you complete it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I remember something like this happening on my 3rd char when doing an alt ToS mythic to get the mythic cache on it and I had like 6 mythic kills when mission spawned but I didnt send it off as I had a run on that char in the evening, and after doing that run it was then mythic. Was either that or I sent the mission off as heroic aand after doing the mythic run in the evening and getting the mission back the next day it was mythic, can't remember which but was either of them lul.

New cache popped today in EU, anyone got mythic one and if so how many kills are you at?

Deleted
    I have 13 mythic kills (6 last ID + 7 this ID) right now and the new mission rewards Azeroth Invasion Plans - ID 152316 which is the highest ID of the four different plans (LFR/NHC/HC/M).
    So I think this should be the mythic version.

EDIT: My warlock alt has ID 152315 and this is definitely heroic.

EDIT 2: A guild mate has only 12 kills and got the heroic cache.

You need 13 kills for the mythic cache!

IIRC, the item you receive is determined as you LOOT the mission, not when you send it off.
    For example, you can have the heroic quest item, send the mission off, kill more mythic bosses and reach the magic number 13. If you loot the mission now, you get the mythic quest item.
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2017-12-19 at 10:15 AM.

Think they might have messed with how the box works. Someone in my guild had 11 mythic kills when the mission spawned, and sent out the mission before raid. During raid that night, he killed 2 more mythic bosses. He collected the mission today and got the mythic cache quest.

I also did the same thing, but started with 12 mythic kills when the mission spawned, killed 2 bosses last night, and got a mythic cache.
    Last edited by Sigmatic; 2017-12-19 at 08:25 PM.

So.. I have 11 kills, I started the mission yesterday.. should I not touch it tonight and only complete it when we're done with farming or is it too late. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    I have 13 mythic kills (6 last ID + 7 this ID) right now and the new mission rewards Azeroth Invasion Plans - ID 152316 which is the highest ID of the four different plans (LFR/NHC/HC/M).
    So I think this should be the mythic version.

EDIT: My warlock alt has ID 152315 and this is definitely heroic.

EDIT 2: A guild mate has only 12 kills and got the heroic cache.

You need 13 kills for the mythic cache!

IIRC, the item you receive is determined as you LOOT the mission, not when you send it off.
    For example, you can have the heroic quest item, send the mission off, kill more mythic bosses and reach the magic number 13. If you loot the mission now, you get the mythic quest item.
    Yup, this. It's determined when you loot the item that gives the quest.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So.. I have 11 kills, I started the mission yesterday.. should I not touch it tonight and only complete it when we're done with farming or is it too late. Hmm.
    Wait to pick it up until you reach 13+.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    you are FACTUALLY wrong.

It used to work like that in NH (last time I waited to get kills and it worked) but no longer works like that anymore (tested in ToS), the loot is determined based on when it spawns not when you complete it.
    Quote Originally Posted by oromiselda View Post
    Based on our guild in ToS, it was 11 kills required, not 12. People with 10 kills didnt get it, people with 11+ did for us. Also pretty sure it's determined as the mission spawns, but don't have any info/testing to back it up, just what I heard before on forums and from other players.
    I do not like receiving notifications when people quote me only to state nonsense. Refer to the posts here following your own, thank you.

P.S.
    Why on earth would I lie to people? Worst case scenario of what I state as factual (because hey, it fucking is) is that their useful loot would be delayed by a day or two. Worst case scenario of your ignorance is people get a heroic item instead of a mythic one only to wait 2 weeks for their next opportunity at a fanciful item. Think.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Wait to pick it up until you reach 13+.
    That's what I did, and I got a mythic cache quest.

You can send the mission out whenever u want - Just dont Finish it/Finish the mission(By hitting complete) before you have 11+2 (13) kills.

Deleted
    So anyone know for sure how many bosses you need? A guildie of mine with 12 got mythic cache, another one always with 12 got hc one.
    Both of them got the item to start the quest after they had 12 kills. So how is it possible? Anyone else with 12 kills tried it, how did it go?

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    So anyone know for sure how many bosses you need? A guildie of mine with 12 got mythic cache, another one always with 12 got hc one.
    Both of them got the item to start the quest after they had 12 kills. So how is it possible? Anyone else with 12 kills tried it, how did it go?
    The one with 12 mythic kills and mythic cache should get some quick course on how to count to 13. Its 13 kills.

I tried the old "failing" trick and the mission has not respawned since. Did they also change it so you can no longer abuse this?

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    I tried the old "failing" trick and the mission has not respawned since. Did they also change it so you can no longer abuse this?
    This stopped being a thing in legion, yes.

I sent my mission out with 11 mythic kills, picked it up after clearing on tuesday with 18 kills and got a mythic cache

Yeah it works. Did get a nice mythic cache with a warforged catalyst trinket, thanks for posting the informations here guys.. would have just completed the mission for hc item without reading this thread.

Okay here's a question then: When does the mission respawn? My guild raids Fri/Sat so I won't be killing any more mythic bosses until then. I've missed the last three farm nights due to Christmas stuff so I'm exactly at 11 kills even though my guild has cleared 5+ mythic bosses every week (we just downed Coven last night). Feelsbadman. Anyway, I'm curious to know when the mission respawns. Is it a set time period after you complete the first mission, or is it every week on exactly the same day? And should I wait until Fri to complete it, or just take the heroic loot now and get mythic next week when it's up again?

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Okay here's a question then: When does the mission respawn? My guild raids Fri/Sat so I won't be killing any more mythic bosses until then. I've missed the last three farm nights due to Christmas stuff so I'm exactly at 11 kills even though my guild has cleared 5+ mythic bosses every week (we just downed Coven last night). Feelsbadman. Anyway, I'm curious to know when the mission respawns. Is it a set time period after you complete the first mission, or is it every week on exactly the same day? And should I wait until Fri to complete it, or just take the heroic loot now and get mythic next week when it's up again?

Respawns every 13 days. You can safely wait and get the new one in-time. It only fucks with the new cache if it is supposed to respawn while you already have a quest.