Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Kul'Tirassians worship N'zoth?

I do not like where this is going, but I have to liken Kul'Tiras to the Ironborn from Game of Thrones.

Both are on an Island, reputed to have the best navies of their respective worlds. The Ironborn worship the so called "Drowned god" (See the similarity? N'zoth was often also presented as the "Drowned god") and their ruling house, the Greyjoys, have the Kraken for their sigil.

Now, the BFA preview showed some art of Kul'Tiras and their housing, architecture, and interiors. From the outside, the houses have taken heavily on the appearance of ships, showing just how much the Kul'Tirassians like their ships. On the inside though, a lot more sinister picture appears. (Interior of a Kul'Tirassan house, note the un-missable Kraken in the middle)

During the said preview, One of the zones - Stormsong Valley - appears to have a population of fairly devoted people. Among them, the Sea Priests, who are said to be the ones that bless each and every ship built in Kul Tiras and have dominion over the water, storms and wind. Let's take a look at one of them:

The staff is VERY similar to the Twilight's hammer symbol, with the exception that the tentacles are a bit more flow-y, and his shoulderpads are also literally Krakens. Not to mention that the "Tabard" is an Anchor literally falling into tentacles, and becomes red the lower it goes. Those priests are giving off a definite "Evil" vibe and I am almost 100% sure they will be enemies.

Now, Let's take a look at their temple' art, one of the dungeons of the zone, called Shrine of the Storm:

Very ominous indeed. All this leads me to believe that actually the Kul'Tirassians are not going to be the loyal allies that we are hoping to find on those isles, at least not to until a point where we would have to defeat N'zoth himself. The whole atmosphere of what was shown on Blizzcon just whispers "Something is wrong here" Directly into your soul.
    Last edited by mmocd3750dc86d; 2017-12-20 at 04:31 PM.

I say let the Alliance deal with this s... =D

But yeah, more seriously, there could very well be an N'Zoth related cult spreading its tentacles (no puns intended) into Kul Tiras. Come to think of it, that would actually makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina is a dreadlord confirmed, they love to bask in the power of an Old God.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Tirassian people have long been mariners and sailors, so they probably have strong elements of reverence for the sea and related aspects. Given that N'Zoth himself has strong associations with the sea such as being referred to as "the drowned god" and the like, perhaps he has begun to infiltrate Kul'Tiras with a variety of cults and sects. Or perhaps the Twilight's Hammer has retreated to this area to regroup after its losses during Cata.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Slightly unrelated note:

For some reason i hope they don't use sea priests as an excuse for Human Shaman.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They most likely don't see the giant squid/kraken as an old god but as a danger for their fleet/sailors.

Even in real life ships are still blessed when they are launched. Now we don't have giant ship/destroying squid in real life, but old sea maps used to portray sea dragons and squid on them.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-20 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worth to add, that every kul tiran ship got blessing from sea priests, and Shrine Of The Storm actually looks familiar to original concept of Dragon Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Slightly unrelated note:

For some reason i hope they don't use sea priests as an excuse for Human Shaman.
    i was JUST thinking - this is exactly why we need human Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It would be really nice plot twist if jaina was servant of old gods all that time. As in from W3. And she just bid her time, waiting to strike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Worth to add, that every kul tiran ship got blessing from sea priests, and Shrine Of The Storm actually looks familiar to original concept of Dragon Isles.
    That is interesting - I wonder if the old Dragon Isles models (obviously touched-up and polished for the modern engine) might finally show up in-game?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It would be really nice plot twist if jaina was servant of old gods all that time. As in from W3. And she just bid her time, waiting to strike.
    That would be a very big screw up and would destroy one of the better-built characters over the history of WoW.

I actually like where they are taking Jaina, with us helping with her return to her homeland, but also helping her recoup after her troublesome past.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yeah plot twist.. Same as captain's america ''Hail Hydra''. It isnt plot twist when it doesnt make any sense.

Kul Tiras reminds me a lot of both Witcher3 and Greyjoys.

I think it's safe to say N'zoth is going to be heavily involved in story in those zones. They even said that those sea priest guys have cut ties with rest of the island and something omnious is going on there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That is interesting - I wonder if the old Dragon Isles models (obviously touched-up and polished for the modern engine) might finally show up in-game?
    Doubtfull if they may use it, but at least they used for something exist models in game files.

Deleted
    I wish something like this was a class. I really want to play a water themed class, but resto Shaman is all we have. It's a cool spec, but it's healing only. I want to cause mini tsunamis, put people in bubbles and shoot jets of water.

You could bake it in with the Jinyu water speakers as separate specs to an overall Sea Worshipper class.

Deleted
    If N'zoth is the drowned god, than he's totally cool, the other weak religions of Azeroth like the Light, the Elements or praying to a ball of dirt like the Tauren do are too weak.

What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Yeah plot twist.. Same as captain's america ''Hail Hydra''. It isnt plot twist when it doesnt make any sense.
    I dunno, her going bloodborne would be good explanation of why people around her die or go insane. Or both.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can smell some "The Shadow over Innsmouth" themes coming to Kul Tiras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    I can smell some "The Shadow over Innsmouth" themes coming to Kul Tiras.
    And then we meet jaina's "real" dad.

No they don’t worship Nzoth stop overthinking it
    once upon a long time ago, the evil flesh overlords took over the peaceful skeleton people of earth, giving them malicious thought and evil sinner hair and student loans