Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Holy Priest Tier 21 - will you use it?

Hi

A lot are criticizing Priest tier 21, but will it be so bad that you will have to keep your Tier 20?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we will only swap the full Set. 4p T20 with 4p T21.
    T21 2p is not worth considering to wear.

I hope Blizz waits a few weeks into Antorus before they nerf T20.

I don't think it's worth it to go for the T21 set bonus - never ever the 2 set and not even the 4 set.

The playstyle of T21 is totally off: who is casting Flash Heals inbetween Prayers of Healing, when there's heavy AoE damage incoming? I'd rather get a Holy Word: Sanctify off then a flash heal, or keep spamming PoH. And the other way round: who is casting Prayer of Healing to buff one Flash Heal, and that as often as possible? Is it even worth the mana PoH uses (if not needed in that moment) to buff a single Flash Heal?

I'll keep my T20 full set until the T21 or other single parts exceed the ilevel of full T20 by a high margin and then go for single gear pieces / the ones with the highest ilevel. When i reach that point i will test with T20 / with single pieces and see whats better. So, in my opinion, T21 is just not worth it...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The idea wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't limited to a single cast. Even just having two charges would feel a lot more "natural", since constantly swapping between two completely different type of heals was never Holy playstyle. With two/three casts it would still be a downgrade, but at least it would be somewhat functional without awkward rotation.

It's especially "funny" when compared to Disc bonuses - very simple and effective, without any gimmicks.

I do not have T21 4-set yet, but when i will get it i will switch to binding heal and weave that with PoHs. I think that was their intent as well, as BH procs both Sanctify and Sanctuary, and a 60% increase on BH is quite considerable

My problem is that the set does nothing for Single target healing ... as you will not cast PoH to ST target heal.

And the dmg patters in Antorus do not leave space for weaving ST heals with AoE - maybe, a very big maybe, on the Aggramar tehnic phase, but even then the AoE dmg is big enough that PoH spam is preferable.

i've got 4pt t21 now, with muze's bracers, it feels kinda drainy playing into the set bonus but the through put is insane its not hard to push out over 1.4-1.6m hps. its kinda aoe/single juggle, it works but casting poh a lot just kills your mana, i run with enlightenment as well, but i can't deny that the poh then fh rotation does heal for a lot if your consistently landing heals. it does make sense for fights like high command where you are going between aoe and single heals a lot.

I consistently find myself in situations where ill cast poh or flash heal to filler and obviously get serenity and sanctify off cooldown. its not difficult to weave a flash heal into the tank or the command pod then a poh then another flash heal. it just gets silly if thats all your doing its not very mana efficient to play into the bonus all the time like when there is no aoe damage.

think of it this way your first flash heal sets up your next aoe heal and your aoe heal sets up your spot heal, so if someone dips you can try to save them with a buffed flash, then that flash will buff you going back into aoe healing. flash heal and poh also mending ofc, are the main spells we use for serendipity, so you are going to be casting poh's and flash heals and getting the bonuses often.

if you can get 2 pieces of high rolled t20 for the 2pt I would totally do that. the 4pt was cool getting those short cds but it was a chance so it didn't always happen when you wanted it to. at least its not something i would call a reliable set bonus, t21 is a reliable on demand buff to either flash heal or poh. its a ST/AOE hybrid/synergy set. I think the set is going to work just fine for m+.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-12-14 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    i've got 4pt t21 now, with muze's bracers, it feels kinda drainy playing into the set bonus but the through put is insane its not hard to push out over 1.4-1.6m hps. its kinda aoe/single juggle, it works but casting poh a lot just kills your mana, i run with enlightenment as well, but i can't deny that the poh then fh rotation does heal for a lot if your consistently landing heals. it does make sense for fights like high command where you are going between aoe and single heals a lot.

I consistently find myself in situations where ill cast poh or flash heal to filler and obviously get serenity and sanctify off cooldown. its not difficult to weave a flash heal into the tank or the command pod then a poh then another flash heal. it just gets silly if thats all your doing its not very mana efficient to play into the bonus all the time like when there is no aoe damage.

think of it this way your first flash heal sets up your next aoe heal and your aoe heal sets up your spot heal, so if someone dips you can try to save them with a buffed flash, then that flash will buff you going back into aoe healing. flash heal and poh also mending ofc, are the main spells we use for serendipity, so you are going to be casting poh's and flash heals and getting the bonuses often.

if you can get 2 pieces of high rolled t20 for the 2pt I would totally do that. the 4pt was cool getting those short cds but it was a chance so it didn't always happen when you wanted it to. at least its not something i would call a reliable set bonus, t21 is a reliable on demand buff to either flash heal or poh. its a ST/AOE hybrid/synergy set. I think the set is going to work just fine for m+.
    I'm completely puzzled by people not using Binding Heal, it's part of the Set bonus, it's extremely mana efficient, it feeds both Holy Words. It's like people are oblivious to that talent.

Can you please test next time with BH and post your findings here?

What about moving to Soul of the High Priest Ring, it impacts mana and gives a free instant FH, further improving mana efficiency.

I used to use binding heal in the past when it wasn't a talent. but i use piety/benediction and try to keep pom on cooldown. ill cast flash heals and poms when there isn't much aoe damage. but then again my healbot has been setup so that left click = flash heal + auto target. while my right click just casts pom at that person. I find if i need to target someone, 9 times out of 10 the first thing i'm going to cast is flash heal anyway.

I haven't bothered doing logs before but i took one of normal argus this week and my heals come out looking something like this ppl in that pug were shit but that list is pretty much what ill get with some variation depending on how much aoe damage there is. its usually echo>fh>whatever else, I like piety because it just gives you another ability that triggers serendipity for sanctify, light of the naruu again takes off another 2 seconds so you can get like an 8 second serendipity with pom counting toward it. ideally you want to cast holy words, or have them come off cooldown asap.

spamming poh is mana consuming still, which is why i'm thinking about using the astral alchemy stone at least until ppl are geared more and the fights don't take as long. at this point in time i still find myself using pots even sometimes in normal.

perhaps ill drop piety and give binding heal a try, replace flash heal, in all honesty t21 doesn't say anything about binding heal if you don't have it. I think its not too much trouble to cast binding heal instead of flash heal when you and a few others are damaged, it is about half the cost of a flash heal but its also a bit slower on the cast at about 1.2sec vs 1sec for flash. I think because this pom build has worked so well for most of the expansion I was oblivious to the fact that it triggered both serendipities. hell i'm not sure i knew that it actually heals 3 ppl these days and not just you and your target. I haven't bothered changing talents much, I dropped trail of light for enlightenment as the fights got longer and more mana intensive but thats about it.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-12-15 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    In m+ I use BH but I’m sceptical about using it in raids. Piety is very nice there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashgaan View Post
    I'm completely puzzled by people not using Binding Heal, it's part of the Set bonus, it's extremely mana efficient, it feeds both Holy Words. It's like people are oblivious to that talent.
    It's probably more due to the fact that you give up Piety in a raid tier where there is AoE ticking damage on nearly every encounter. PoM with triple SYP relics + Piety is insane.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And what's stopping you from casting PoM with Binding Heal? It's on slightly longer cooldown, not removed from your spellbook.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    And what's stopping you from casting PoM with Binding Heal?
    Nothing is stopping you. What is your point?

My point is that it's not puzzling at all that people don't take Binding Heal, when Piety just sounds great on paper with current encounter design that favors the lower prayer of mending cooldown, and most hpriests haven't bothered picking up/using the new tier.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzeric View Post
    Nothing is stopping you. What is your point?

My point is that it's not puzzling at all that people don't take Binding Heal, when Piety just sounds great on paper with current encounter design that favors the lower prayer of mending cooldown, and most hpriests haven't bothered picking up/using the new tier.
    Pulsing damage also means that self-healing portion of Binding Heal becomes more effective since it won't overheal as much. Two talents could be fairly interchangeable and set bonus *seems* to favour BH a bit more. It's still pretty bad, so... eh, we'll see I guess.

BH is a beautiful thing, and even makes the Lego belt useful if you don't have better Legos.

I believe someone on H2P discord math out that you'll need 30 ilvl upgrade on each piece before its worth moving from T20 > T21. So basically if you're wearing base Heroic T20, you can replace it once you get 4pc base Heroic T21.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nicbizz View Post
    I believe someone on H2P discord math out that you'll need 30 ilvl upgrade on each piece before its worth moving from T20 > T21. So basically if you're wearing base Heroic T20, you can replace it once you get 4pc base Heroic T21.
    Thank god I was wearing raid finder t20 then :P.

I feel like people are overestimating the T20 bonus versus ilvl difference of T21. The small minority of people that will keep T20 are those with 940-955 TF pieces. If you're going from reg 900/915/930 of T20 to 930/945/960 of T21, you will probably switch when you can.

I managed to pug curve today I think the set bonus does work well with binding heal and after using it for a while i think i'm happy with it, PoM feels like it takes a while to come off cd, but I don't think my healing has slipped, in fact its much easier to bounce between binding heal and poh during aoe, than it is to flash heal individuals that drop lower than the rest. flash heals are bigger than bindings but binding spam is just much nicer during aoe, even light aoe. its the type of damage thats dealt on most of the encounters in antorus, where by you'll always be catching a 3rd person thats taken some damage.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-12-20 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I managed to pug curve today I think the set bonus does work well with binding heal and after using it for a while i think i'm happy with it...
    I used to shit on T21 but now I realize I have never been so wrong about anything in WoW, its actually really great.

It must be paired with Binding Heal and allows *very* heavy burst AOE heals. I did 1.9m hps for all of the last phase of heroic Argus just interweaving BH and Prayer of Healing. Without T21 I would be trying to cast PoH non-stop for 2.5 minutes, doing less hps and going oom in half that time.

A Binding Heal thats been boosted 60% produces as much hps as a normal PoH, for virtually no mana, and most of it is smart heals. Then theres the 30% boosted PoH, thats actually a huge increase especially stacked with all the other PoH boosts.

Furthermore, if you have T21 and havent used it in M+ then youre in for a treat! Such power...

(I roll with T21 4pc and T20 2pc btw, which costs me Xanshi and Entrancing Trousers but thats life.)

FWIW, the class ring unlocking the instant-flash heals also makes holy a really strong spot healer now with the bonus. Holy legendaries have always been a bit "eh", and as there's multiple great trinket options now (pantheon+mana regen from varimathras, for example), it's worth taking the ring just to give it a try. The flash heals being entirely free also helps on mana constraints a fair amount. I mostly heal M+, so it's super noticeable being able to spot heal with instant 1M's constantly and getting serenity off CD faster.