Thread: AP "reward"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    The last points are going to take over year to farm if someone would farm them. No one is ever going to max it out even if they played non stop.
    That's literally what we said. You aren't meant to ever complete it. That is not the goal. It's just a random number that happens to be the cap, you won't ever reach.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    The last points are going to take over year to farm if someone would farm them. No one is ever going to max it out even if they played non stop.
    THATS THE WHOLE POINT! ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FARMED OR MAXED!

Holy shit. learn to read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Before AP, what rewards do you think you were getting for dailies?
    From World Quest? Or in its previous iteration; the Daily Quest system? For both: Reputation, Trade Goods, Gold. All of those seem preferable to me to a (2) Token(s and a Blue) for an endless grind that isn't interesting or rewarding.

Deleted
    i feel like i wasted more lifetime with the artefact infusion animation than mounting up. itz crazy, but if daily average mount up count is 50, its 75s/day = 456,x m a year. with 50 daily mount ups i spent 456 minutes a year mounting up. 456 minutes.

Why not fill up your other weapons?

Think I have 26 traits of concordance in my main weapon on my pally. Why the hell would I not spend it on that weapon? You still get a higher main stat buff. Just because there's currently no more netherlight crucible trait doesn't mean I'd rather sell it a vendor for like 20 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfield View Post
    From World Quest? Or in its previous iteration; the Daily Quest system? For both: Reputation, Trade Goods, Gold. All of those seem preferable to me to a (2) Token(s and a Blue) for an endless grind that isn't interesting or rewarding.
    Reputation is still there, Gold in a lot of ap sources is still there, or in a few wouldn't be there even if ap wasn't, and trade goods? Don't recall anything of note or anything that was atleast common.

It was 99% of the time just rep, with a bit of gold that wasn't really notable, it was just there, rep was the big thing.

And rep didn't go anywhere, in fact, rep now means more. So in a way, the rep you get from the AP world quests, is giving you gold, gear, resources, possible mounts etc.

So it's not like we need a reward back, the reward is already better than prior expansions iterations of dailies.

Just think of AP as what it is (when you pass 75), a passive free reward, added onto things you'd already be doing, for a very minor power gain every now and then.

Deleted
    Reputation is still there, Gold in a lot of ap sources is still there, or in a few wouldn't be there even if ap wasn't, and trade goods? Don't recall anything of note or anything that was atleast common.

It was 99% of the time just rep, with a bit of gold that wasn't really notable, it was just there, rep was the big thing.

And rep didn't go anywhere, in fact, rep now means more. So in a way, the rep you get from the AP world quests, is giving you gold, gear, resources, possible mounts etc.

So it's not like we need a reward back, the reward is already better than prior expansions iterations of dailies.

Just think of AP as what it is (when you pass 75), a passive free reward, added onto things you'd already be doing, for a very minor power gain every now and then.
    That's fair, mostly, the gold was at the time notable and the reputation reward was more significant due to the limited amount of Daily Quests available to players each day. But all the same I wouldn't be against making the Tokens sell-able again so that those World Quests can reward either Gold or Artefact Power and now that I think about it a toggle to consume them automatically. My personal problem with Artefact Power past the soft cap is that it's more a tedious annoyance that clutters up my inventory (Which is already cluttered enough as it is, thank you very much) than an actual reward.

I like the idea of making AP BoA once you hit a certain point. So reach AP level 85 and now I can send all those AP tokens to my baby alts and help them out. It raises the cap of AP after this point is useless, but not so high it'll take forever, and it will give me more incentive to play my alts because they're getting more AP levels faster which is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Since more and more players reach artifact level 75 and we have AK 55 as maximum, I see getting AP is no longer a reward, whether we are talking about M+, raids, WQ-s etc.

AP becomes obsolete once you reach artifact level 75 on all your specs, while e.g. order hall resource or gold rewards remain somewhat relevant and useful.

I want my rewards back.
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Ap tokens are sellable for quite some time now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Wow, way ahead of me then, thanks for the info

Last thing I remember, they made the extra AP tokens from follower equipment non-sellable - which made me think from then on, all AP tokens shall be non-sellable.
    AP is not sell-able. Stop moaning. We could go back to the system before AP. You get nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Since more and more players reach artifact level 75 and we have AK 55 as maximum, I see getting AP is no longer a reward, whether we are talking about M+, raids, WQ-s etc.

AP becomes obsolete once you reach artifact level 75 on all your specs, while e.g. order hall resource or gold rewards remain somewhat relevant and useful.

I want my rewards back.
    Indeed. As soon as I hit 75 on my main spec I've completely stopped doing anything that rewards AP, and any AP items that I get go into offspecs.
    I really really really really hope they don't add anything more to it and let it be finally over.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Ap tokens are sellable for quite some time now.
    Were sellable, only the ones from legendary follower items still show a vendor price but you can't sell it.

Deleted
    Before AP, what rewards do you think you were getting for dailies?
    Gold, other currency/coin to spend at vendor: think about Isle of Thunder or Timeless Isle. Even darkmoon tokens are more useful for dailies than AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    They appear to intend to increase AK and change concordance, given they've added levels 51-100 to concordance and given it a massive primary stat proc compared to what it is now (?). This is likely to act as a soft nerf to current raid content, as a proc of 40,000 primary stat and level 1,000 Pantheon trinkers are going to make mythic bosses melt in to a complete joke.

You'll spend more time crossing Immonar's bridge than actually fighting him.
    I can do that 1 expansion later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Why not fill up your other weapons?
    I have both prot and arms maxed out weeks ago. I don't play fury.

Is this a troll thread? I'm so fucking glad that the retarded grind is about to end soon after finishing my last weapon.

Deleted
    I'm sure Blizzard is going to add another convoluted AP grind mechanism after their Christmas break - you still have a long way to go until BfA, so they need to keep you folks grinding the numbers.

I've never seen AP as much of a reward since the most effective way of gathering it has always been to wait for AK to increase exponentially in the background. I don't see much point in sinking hours into gathering something that you'll be able to acquire in minutes just a few weeks later. By the time AK caps out you're usually at the point where the only traits remaining offer minimal benefit anyway.

This is why I don't like how AP is our universal PvE currency in Legion. The gear token currencies feel way more worthwhile to me since those have a chance of giving you a good titanforged item that's an appreciable upgrade, or at least a transmog of some kind. AP just feels like a worthless filler currency to me that offers no long-term rewards for my character, only incremental short-term power gains that probably won't make an appreciable difference in my ability to tackle content regardless of whether I grind for it or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Is this a troll thread? I'm so fucking glad that the retarded grind is about to end soon after finishing my last weapon.
    Why would it be a troll thread? It's about AP becoming obsolete after finishing your weapon. Meanwhile there are other quest rewards that keep their value like gold or order hall resource.

Big surprise: WoW is about grinding. I would still go out and do those quests, it's just about the reward that can be motivating or not. A completely useless reward is not motivating enough to invest my time into that certain part of the game. Not to mention M+ when you finish your key and don't get an item loot, you get a slap of useless AP to your face. That amount of AP from the M+ chest still meant some character progression before.
    And there are raid/world bosses too - it feels so good to get AP for your bonus roll...

Even when AP was relevant it never felt good to get it on a bonus roll. Especially for the pittance you got.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I've never seen AP as much of a reward since the most effective way of gathering it has always been to wait for AK to increase exponentially in the background. I don't see much point in sinking hours into gathering something that you'll be able to acquire in minutes just a few weeks later. By the time AK caps out you're usually at the point where the only traits remaining offer minimal benefit anyway.

This is why I don't like how AP is our universal PvE currency in Legion. The gear token currencies feel way more worthwhile to me since those have a chance of giving you a good titanforged item that's an appreciable upgrade, or at least a transmog of some kind. AP just feels like a worthless filler currency to me that offers no long-term rewards for my character, only incremental short-term power gains that probably won't make an appreciable difference in my ability to tackle content regardless of whether I grind for it or not.
    I share your opinion. However my real experience was that if you did the Argus quests on a daily basis, you could max out your weapon before raiders did. At least in my case, as a casual, I spent most of my free time doing those Argus quests and invasions and I got my 75th trait as the 2nd in the guild after a M+ farmer guy, and before all of the progress raiders.

But yes, eventually with high AK, you don't have to invest that amount of time to max out the weapon. That's why it's called "catch up" system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    I'm sure Blizzard is going to add another convoluted AP grind mechanism after their Christmas break - you still have a long way to go until BfA, so they need to keep you folks grinding the numbers.
    Usually I catch up some achievements, max out archeology, doing pet battles and pvp during that time. It's refreshing to do something different.

10+ Year Old Account

I want my rewards back.
    You can just keep working on Concordance?

The gold rewards are a joke, wouldn't do a gold mission or a gold WQ unless the reward was 10k++, not worth my time. And order resources, I got a stable 100k++ and I do max amount of missions each day + weekly roll tokens. How can this even be sought after, when you have too much.