Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenthel View Post
    What do you think if we could use a Last name and a first name for our character ?
    Like Quenthel "Baenre" for mine.
    Drizzt fan, I see.

I don't think it's needed to have last names. Personally, in games, I find last names weird. Very weird.

Deleted
    Yes, brother, I would like to see it. Flavour is always needed.

Deleted
    If optional only, sure.

I would like to see this happen. could help some people with names they want to use and no able to because some twink that is played twice a year has already that name. Other games have this option, and it is quite nice to have. So yes, I would like to see this in wow. Have said that since WotLK
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be fine with it but the ship has long since sailed on that ever being a thing. If it was in from the jump no one would give a shit I don't think. Many games do it now and it is just a thing you do when you make a character and it has no bearing on the game. Adding it to something like WoW that is already 13 years deep just isn't feasible.

I play both WoW and FFXIV and my character has a full name in the latter and I hardly ever think about it but I do like that little bit of flavor.

I would rather have them strip names from characters under level 20 that haven't been logged in for over 5 years to free up names that ppl hoarded and never actually used.

Yeah, we surely need more Dârkblàdés.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Not really "massive issues", but okay, I'll rip apart your crappy argument either way.

You simply make it so that the "additional name" (as we'll call it for this example) shows up on the Inspect Screen UI and not hover above avatars. The additional name is not part of the /whisper, /invite, /target macros. If someone wants to enable extra long names, there can be an option to do so in the Interface menu. There could/should also be a way to turn off/on Titles as well, in case people want to hide those for whatever reason.

Wow, such massive issues!
    So other people can select all the same last names as you meaning other players can go "hey im related to your charecter lolololololol"

what is the point of last names if anyone can just have the same last name as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

the only thing bdo makes right are family names which all your characters share.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So other people can select all the same last names as you meaning other players can go "hey im related to your charecter lolololololol"

what is the point of last names if anyone can just have the same last name as you.
    What's the point of having names if someone can have the same name as you on another server? Or a server merged with yours? Or they can use an alt-code? What's the point of doing anything? Why are we even alive if someone can wear the same shirt as we do? What's the point of having a job? Someone is just going to be doing the same job, like, come on.

Deleted
    It would not be mandatory to have a last name.
    When I played at SWTOR, even before the creation of family trees for all our characters, we could have a compound name. And this was no problem, was optional and allowed those who wanted it to have one.
    For those who did not care, he could simply have a simple name.

Some think that the possibility of having a compound name would generate lots of trolls. But the truth is that it's not true. At SWTOR, the percentage of troll in this area was not greater than the one we have today on WoW with a simple name.

There will always be trolls, simple name or compound name.

I now clarify my thought because I think I misunderstood.
    What I propose is not a mandatory family name, like a lineage.
    What I propose is the possibility of having "ONE" space in his nickname and the possibility of using apostrophes => as Kael'thas.

With only one space (and not 63), I do not think we will be dragging names to either. The letter limit will just have to be reviewed a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Optional last name function would be pretty cool, even if it's just cosmetic.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard would need a solid replacement for:
    targeting
    whispers

But shouldn't be too hard.

However, in order to have unique full names but not individual names would leave some people pissed.
    What if my character is Rambo and someone decides to make John Rambo, and someone else Joe Rambo.

Blizzard would have to allow players to claim X names per account or something to preserve some uniqueness.

For example:
    I might want to claim a specific last name such as Briggenaught on a Human, Dwarf or Elf.
    But I might want to have a single unique name on my Orc such as Garkos.

So it would need to be a very well thought and watertight system.

No half-assery in WoW, please.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-12-21 at 09:00 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    Your realm name is basically your surname at this point.
    that.... kinda makes sense to me

10+ Year Old Account
    I would LOVE THIS! They have that it Lord of the Rings online and it certainly give your characters a lot more personality and depth. If you are into such things.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Blizzard would need a solid replacement for:
    targeting
    whispers
    They already have battletag
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Quenthel View Post
    What do you think if we could use a Last name and a first name for our character ?
    Like Quenthel "Baenre" for mine.
    If it forces me to change my name then no. If I can keep my name exactly how it is now then sure. I'd rather not have to come up with first/last names for my characters. I already hate it in games that force it.

Cloudrizzt Snowgaryen

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    What's the point of having names if someone can have the same name as you on another server? Or a server merged with yours? Or they can use an alt-code? What's the point of doing anything? Why are we even alive if someone can wear the same shirt as we do? What's the point of having a job? Someone is just going to be doing the same job, like, come on.
    because if someone has the same first name as you on another server does not matter, but what is the fucking point of a last name if everyone can have the same one. the point of a last name is to dictate a family name, but if everyone can take your family name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    They already have battletag
    except you dont add every single person on battletag now do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except you dont add every single person on battletag now do you?
    except that's not what we are talking about are we?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side