Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People will complain just about everything these days. It takes no effort getting to exalted on any of these factions, quests are piss easy. Even if you are just starting Legion, you can hit Exalted with all of them by the time they get released.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can get 1000 argussian or army of the light rep almost daily on the mission board.

Also often there's WQ that give 500 rep worth in BoA tokens for argussian/army. You can feed that into 1 character and get a couple thousand rep in a day if you have alts.

Highmountain/Nightborne is even easier, you can get an item off an argus rare, that increases your rep by 200% (at 109 or below), so you can get an alt instant-exalted with a few 1500 rep BoA tokens from again the mission board. 10 tokens from Neutral to Exalted @ 4500 a piece.

The only time I think it'd odd, for new players that start in BfA, then having to go back is questionable.

I wonder if they might change the Allied race requirements in actual 8.0 launch.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-21 at 12:03 PM.

The problem i see is that while the requirement works fine as something released before the expansio and directed to people that is already playing, it makes very little sense and seems a really bad idea as a requirement for new players or even as a requirement once the expansion is already out.

I have my reservation about asking someone who bought your newest expansion to grind out reputation of an older expansion just to be able to enjoy one of the features that was included with the newest expansion. It feels like asking for ahead of the curve from an older expansion just to be able to join a group from the newest expansion. Sure, it's not gamebraking, but it will soon become an unncessary wall.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    The problem i see is that while the requirement works fine as something released before the expansio and directed to people that is already playing, it makes very little sense and seems a really bad idea as a requirement for new players or even as a requirement once the expansion is already out.

I have my reservation about asking someone who bought your newest expansion to grind out reputation of an older expansion just to be able to enjoy one of the features that was included with the newest expansion. It feels like asking for ahead of the curve from an older expansion just to be able to join a group from the newest expansion. Sure, it's not gamebraking, but it will soon become an unncessary wall.
    For new/returning players in 8.0 BfA launch that would indeed be a bad design. But for an early access thing I find it reasonable.

And even if they keep World quests/order hall missions intact, a new player (that just started in BfA) would be far behind, having to go through Legion content to get said order hall up to par. I imagine world quests stay, but gold rewards are removed/replaced by order resources.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-21 at 12:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    People forget that most things in this game are optional and have nothing to do with character progression, absolutely no one forces you to do the rep grinds, if you want to play the new races, that's the way to unlock them. Same as skins and unique appearances , you want to look fancy ,go do the tedious or challenging stuff to unlock them. ( The way you are phrasing it is like: " damn that new Mercedes looks nice, why the F do they charge half a million $ for it? I want it for 30k, not fair " )
    I understand that.. but when Draenei and Blood elf was released , would of you been fu**** off if you had to do a rep grind to "unlock" them?

For me the reason is because I have switched mains, and hate my old one, hate playing it, yet my rep is on there, so I will have to play an old character just to gain the rep on it or play to catch up on my new main :/.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    It's definitely quite annoying for people in the future to have to go back and do those questlines and farm rep in an old expansion but that's WoW for you, a lot of neat stuff are locked behind activities of old.

Maybe Dark Iron and Zandalari will be "easier" by simply being the completion of certain questlines you'll do as you level up but then again, those too may be locked behind some reputation grinding and/or campaign quests that are only available at 120.

Just WoW being WoW.
    Atleast someone has actually seen past the "Oh your just lazy" part of it..

Yeah that is true, WoW takes you back alot to do old quest lines etc to unlock things so I suppose I forgot about that within WoW's days lol.

Thanks for understanding where I was coming from tho

the only way you're not exalted with them is if you're not playing the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    For new/returning players in 8.0 BfA launch that would indeed be a bad design. But for an early access thing I find it reasonable.

And even if they keep World quests/order hall missions intact, a new player (that just started in BfA) would be far behind, having to go through Legion content to get said order hall up to par. I imagine world quests stay, but gold rewards are removed/replaced by order resources.
    Teri, exactly where I was trying to come from, If the rep gate is still there once BfA hits, it's going to be a massive pain for some1 who is going to be starting off and wants to unlock them, they are pretty much making an old expansion still viable when no1 wants to touch it anymore.

Hopefully after unlocking these, you can actually switch server with them, unlike the DK in the past where you had to have a level 55 just on that realm alone to make one, hopefully we don't need "rep on that realm" to make these.

I'm a druid anyway on Alliance so again, all in all I was speaking for many people I have spoken too on WoW and friends, I don't even get a choice for allied races so don't mind waiting for BfA. But for people starting off etc new and might like the look of the game, might even shy them away from touching that content at all, UNLESS blizzard make it so when BfA hits, theres just a questline to do and you unlock them.

Idk. We will have to wait and see what the future brings I suppose haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarlix516 View Post
    I understand that.. but when Draenei and Blood elf was released , would of you been fu**** off if you had to do a rep grind to "unlock" them?

For me the reason is because I have switched mains, and hate my old one, hate playing it, yet my rep is on there, so I will have to play an old character just to gain the rep on it or play to catch up on my new main :/.

- - - Updated - - -

Atleast someone has actually seen past the "Oh your just lazy" part of it..

Yeah that is true, WoW takes you back alot to do old quest lines etc to unlock things so I suppose I forgot about that within WoW's days lol.

Thanks for understanding where I was coming from tho

well things like that are optional.. you shouldnt be able to have everything in the game from the start.. sometimes you need to work for something

people farm old content daily for mounts and transmog.. they will be able to farm this thing too

im also 100% sure they will later reduce the requirement to revered or some shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    Trust me, I play the game... I just don't focus on what REP I want...

If I play the game for progression via ilvl and raiding etc, I have no intent to just farm rep for no reason when I have not needed any of the items the reputation gives me?

I surpassed world quests on the broken isle within 1day of hitting max on my new main and hit ilvl 943 within a week.

So I do play the game, especially with 432 day's played time on the account lol

Trust me, I play the game... I just don't focus on what REP I want...

If I play the game for progression via ilvl and raiding etc, I have no intent to just farm rep for no reason when I have not needed any of the items the reputation gives me?

I surpassed world quests on the broken isle within 1day of hitting max on my new main and hit ilvl 943 within a week.

So I do play the game, especially with 432 day's played time on the account lol
    then if you dont want to do it then maybe you dont need new allied races?

this is almost as bad as saying: i dont want to farm gear i want to have bis shit instantly.. i dont want to farm mounts i want to have them unlocked instantly..

Deleted
    well things like that are optional.. you shouldnt be able to have everything in the game from the start.. sometimes you need to work for something

people farm old content daily for mounts and transmog.. they will be able to farm this thing too

im also 100% sure they will later reduce the requirement to revered or some shit
    Yeh, hopefully, revered isn't so bad, exalted with highmountain etc is a pain though, even worse than Nightfallen IMO because you have such a big questline specifically for nightfallen to get near exalted in the first place.

But yeah I guess people farm old content for mounts , Tmog etc etc, I suppose this is just something completely new that people need to get used too, including myself.

- - - Updated - - -

then if you dont want to do it then maybe you dont need new allied races?

this is almost as bad as saying: i dont want to farm gear i want to have bis shit instantly.. i dont want to farm mounts i want to have them unlocked instantly..
    Well I don't want to be speaking for myself here, but with what I hear on the game, people HATE rep gated things on this game, most people I have known on WoW HATED the rep gate for the quest lines in Suramar... So not sure where your coming from...

Mounts I can understand you can farm them, spent 1 year just farming one mount from Firelands lol...

But with something that was shown at Blizzcon, was a massive awesome thing, people were expecting that this was just going to be a cool questline to unlock them seeming we just did a WHOLE legion EXPANSION with them storyline wise, but they rep gate them as usual what people don't like.

Not sure where you are coming from with this tbh. You are just saying that I want to have BiS shit instantly etc, That isn't true... it's the fact they are rep gating a new allied race which is part of BfA (As they announced it WITH THE EXPANSION) and rep gate it with LEGION expansion rep.

If it was gated with BfA rep, I would not care, I'd like it and actually do it completely, but because it's legion rep, and im tired of legion, Meh...

If they change it once BfA hits and you can get it via BfA stuff, I will do it, but I aint going back to an expansion I've not enjoyed much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by feacs View Post
    2017 wow players =
    Did you just read what I put above your post? Guess not, They are gated a BfA thing which they announced WITH THAT EXPANSION, with old expansion Rep, kinda meh....

If they gated it with BfA rep, I wouldn't care and happily do it as it will be new.

Not sure where you are coming from with this tbh. You are just saying that I want to have BiS shit instantly etc, That isn't true... it's the fact they are rep gating a new allied race which is part of BfA (As they announced it WITH THE EXPANSION) and rep gate it with LEGION expansion rep.

If it was gated with BfA rep, I would not care, I'd like it and actually do it completely, but because it's legion rep, and im tired of legion, Meh...

If they change it once BfA hits and you can get it via BfA stuff, I will do it, but I aint going back to an expansion I've not enjoyed much.

- - - Updated - - -

well technically its a legion feature..

It's a fluid thing.
    LFR was planned for MoP, but was introduced in Dragon Soul as the tech was ready.
    Scenarios were a MoP feature, too, but the first one came before 5.0

Allied Races are BfA tech, but the first four are relevant to Legion, and will "very likely" be available during Legion's official lifetime.
    Makes only sense to have Legion-related requirements, which will of course be nerfed later on.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I quit for 3 months during ToS and now only play a few hours a week. I'm still exalted with all legion reps. Get a grip and stop whinging, if you want something work for it!

We all know the requirements will he heavily nerfed at launch or soon after launch of BfA anyway. So you can tryhard now or wait to have them handed to you later

My only real issue is that both Horde races are behind reps that you can sleep and autorun through over the span of like, 2 hours... while both Alliance races are on reputations that will take days or even weeks of doing every single World Quest on Argus or doing Orderhall missions that require your followers at max ilevel and in good equipment.

That's not much of a problem right now, but as soon as BFA launches, it's gonna become such a goddamn annoyance. ESPECIALLY for new or returning players who just didn't do their Legion reps while they were current and don't have Champions to do it for them.

There are STILL people who aren't Exalted with Argussian Reach or Army of the Light. Everyone and their dog is exalted with Highmountain or Nightfallen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Makes only sense to have Legion-related requirements, which will of course be nerfed later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    We all know the requirements will he heavily nerfed at launch or soon after launch of BfA anyway. So you can tryhard now or wait to have them handed to you later
    That's the thing, though: we don't know that it'll be nerfed. It's very likely that they'll be nerfed, and everyone EXPECTS them to be nerfed, but until Blizzard actually confirms that themselves it's still a legitimate concern.

- - - Updated - - -

well technically its a legion feature..
    If it's a Legion feature, how come it's listed under Battle For Azeroth on the official site?

If it's being included as part of BFA, and being used to advertise BFA, then gating it behind rep grinds from a completely different expansion is absolutely gross.

Imagine if Starcraft 2 added new units, but you could only access them if you had the SC1 remaster registered to your account. A more extreme example, but that's still what this is.

well we still recruit them in legion..

oh and about different reputation.. i bet they will steamroll it and make it equal somehow

in 7.3.5 maybe.. and from 7.3.5 to release of BfA you will have plenty of time to farm your rep even if you dont really play the game..

in reality the rep doesnt even take long to farm.. i had exalted with argus reputations and i wasnt even playing the game all that much

and im not exalted with other reps btw(outside of Nightfallen)
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2017-12-22 at 09:55 AM.

ok so just pointing out maybe just maybe during the pepatch you can get tons of rep or possibly during the questline???

also im still wondering why people are saying allied races are coming in 7.3.5 is it just speculation due to all of the stuff being added or is it said somewhere

Okay but what about the people who actually aren't playing the game right now? The people who quit WoW because it "moved away from the core of Warcraft" or whatever, saw the expansion released, and went "Oh god yes they're finally going back to Horde-vs-Alliance stuff! And oh man the new content looks great!"
    Then they buy the expansion, get sub time, and find out that four entire races are gated behind rep grinds from years-old content.

It's fine if it's just a preorder thing, like how Legion preorders could play Duntards a bit early, but if they keep the Legion rep requirements moving forward into BFA, and into expansions even after THAT... that's a huge goddamn potential issue that deserves to be talked about, hopefully, before it gets to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    Okay but what about the people who actually aren't playing the game right now? The people who quit WoW because it "moved away from the core of Warcraft" or whatever, saw the expansion released, and went "Oh god yes they're finally going back to Horde-vs-Alliance stuff! And oh man the new content looks great!"
    Then they buy the expansion, get sub time, and find out that four entire races are gated behind rep grinds from years-old content.

It's fine if it's just a preorder thing, like how Legion preorders could play Duntards a bit early, but if they keep the Legion rep requirements moving forward into BFA, and into expansions even after THAT... that's a huge goddamn potential issue that deserves to be talked about, hopefully, before it gets to that point.

well shit is always gated behind some things you know..

people grind previous expansion reputations all the time for one thing or another.. same with everything else.. its not like without these allied races you wouldnt be able to play the game

i think if you want something the "go get it" way is better than "here you can have it for doing nothing"
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2017-12-22 at 10:01 AM.

well we still recruit them in legion..

oh and about different reputation.. i bet they will steamroll it and make it equal somehow

in 7.3.5 maybe.. and from 7.3.5 to release of BfA you will have plenty of time to farm your rep
    Yeah but we probably shouldn't just sit on our hands and count on Blizzard to not make a bad choice.
    (Some of us still remember the Real Money Auction House. And, you know, WoD in general.)

And regardless of how much time people have to get their reps up now, that still doesn't change the fact that they're using the Allied Races to sell BFA, touting them as an exciting new BFA feature... then locking them behind non-BFA content. That's not good.

- - - Updated - - -

well shit is always gated behind some things you know..

people grind previous expansion reputations all the time for one thing or another.. same with everything else.. its not like without these allied races you wouldnt be able to play the game
    But new content has never been gated behind old grinds. At most, maybe a title or mount - but those are never advertised as being a big part of the new content.

The simple fact of the matter is, Blizzard is saying "Buy Battle for Azeroth to play as a Nightborne!"
    When the truth is they want you to buy Battle for Azeroth, and also play a bunch of Legion content. It's misleading and honestly comes across as desperately clawing for extra subscription money.